Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

5 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

So can someone list the squad available if the ‘Chorely’ players retain their professional standing and if they don’t?

If there are 4 available places in the squad then of the trialists / out of contracts I’m going for :-

Stearman

Jagielka

Morrison

Davis 

We need another forward though so if not Baldrick then another not yet seen trialist needs to be found.

I hope EFL see sense - as someone else mentions this goes against what they want to prevent. If someone plays us before embargo lifted with no CBs and they win 8-0 and someone else plays us after signing a defence what does that do to integrity of EFL? Future legal challenges if such games affect promotion and relegation? We seem to have sympathy on this one. A Leeds fan at work said totally unfair today and he detests us

17 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I believe the club is being fair to the supporters, the new rules are that any ground having more than 20,000 seats will have to reduce capacity to 80% and also ensure only fans with 2x vaccine or fresh test result allowed in the ground.

interestingly Wycombe will be exempt as their new super ground only holds 17’500

now answering your financial question the auditors may not have confirmed that DCFC are a going concern and as such the directors could be guilty of trading insolvently, however I doubt this scenario and think the club wants to be fair with the fans.

Sorry - where have you seen this?

22 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

The second part is whether or not it is a viable investment. If it seems impossible to maintain a viable and competitive team within a sustainable balanced budget - for a club with one of the largest fan bases, and within a footballing city - then maybe we need to change how football is run.

There is absolutely no reason why football cannot be a financially sustainable sport. 

I agree. However you need every single club on board to make it a reality. Derby could easily be run at a profit, but if every other club is still pouring money into their teams you're going to struggle to be competitive in any of the professional leagues.

It needs change from the top, but unless the government steps in i can't ever see that happening.

7 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Please see the post below this one where I altered the post as I could not edit this one, that post is more accurate

But you said there was a EFL rules and referred to 20,000 fans yet I’ve not seen this anywhere.

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Two of my friends are accountants and I asked them about this yesterday.  Neither believe the season ticket situation is a sign of the end of the club or administration however you want to spin it.

One said for starters that if the club was in danger of going into administration it would be doing the opposite to ensure it can bring in as much cash as possible to help avoid admin. So by not putting season tickets up for sale because we are heading for administration in his opinion, would make literally zero sense.

The other one said that he believes that if the club was to sell say 20,000 season tickets and then we hit another lockdown and the club can't fulfill those sales - it puts us in a sticky situation and creates a ton of admin - he thinks by essentially ensuring the club only sells tickets where it’s highly likely to guarantee bums on seats, helps the club to gain a much clearer financial picture of the revenue and impact of income from tickets. Of course this is their opinions on what they believe the reasoning is - other accountants and business people may say different things. Personally I think both of what they have said makes sense to me, but I don’t understand the ins and outs of administration etc. 

I had a chat with someone I know who works in the ticket office the other day, and they said the only reason they weren't selling STs was the risk of another lockdown - they have only just cleared the refunds for this season and as your accountant friend said, it has created an administrative nightmare. If I'm honest, I'm not sure how or why it's so hard administratively but there you go.

Anyway, he said the club really didn't want to go down that road again. They might well be considering half STs should all go well up until Christmas. Match by match allows them greater flexibility - the risk of course is that if crowds drop off should the team not be performing, they could lose considerable revenue.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

If the EFL do the right thing and exclude the Chorley game the we have 19 players of "professional standing".

Which 4 players would other people get signed up first if this were to happen?

I'd go:

Davies, Wisdom, Mengi & Baldock

... and so run with Cashin/J Brown as the 4th choice CB in the short term.

4 from: Davies, Wisdom, Jagielka, Stearman, Mengi, Aluko, Baldock

Aluko - we're short on wingers

Baldock - we're short of CFs

CB is a tough one - Davies and Jagielka

The  sell Marshall and keep Wisdom

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But you said there was a EFL rules and referred to 20,000 fans yet I’ve not seen this anywhere.

Government guidance, article in Daily telegraph

Following the promotion of Norwich City, Watford and Brentford from the Championship last season, only the west London club would fall under that 20,000 capacity at their Brentford Community Stadium (17,250), meaning they could have the option to ignore the use of Covid passports when fans return in great numbers this month.

The Premier League could choose to adopt a uniform approach though, which would see Brentford fall in line with the other 19 clubs and enforce Covid passports for supporters to gain entry.

While most Championship clubs would be under pressure to introduce them, most League One and Two teams would not be.

One Championship club that could be spared is Peterborough United, whose stadium holds only 15,000 and whose owner, Darragh MacAnthony, last week branded plans to roll out Covid certification a “disgrace”, accusing the measure of “punishing” the young.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

4 from: Davies, Wisdom, Jagielka, Stearman, Mengi, Aluko, Baldock

Aluko - we're short on wingers

Baldock - we're short of CFs

CB is a tough one - Davies and Jagielka

The  sell Marshall and keep Wisdom

Yeah you missed off Ravel too but we have plenty of midfield options and his history doesn't warrant 1 of 4 spots going to him.

So you'd go with 2 CBs and Cashin as #3 then? Bit risky... I'd feel more comfortable throwing an inexperienced winger in if Lawrence or Joswiak were missing (Ebosele) plus Baldock can cover wide if needs be.

There's still the option, harsh as it sounds, to release J.Brown ? and/or Hutchinson if they're not considered close enough to being a Championship standard starter.

If we had space for 4 signings mine would be -

Jagielka

Mengi

Morrison

Baldock

We need minimum 2 cb's in, Mengi will offer pace alongside Jagielka who I think is a better option than Davies considering he is returning from a long term injury. Then have Solomon, Fozzy & Cashin as backups.

Morrison, purely because we could do with a creative player further forward.

Was a toss up between Aluko & Baldock but I opted for Baldock as we need another striker to support CKR.

Loaning out the youngsters make no difference to the 23 player rule so with the number of young CM I can see one or two of them being sold if the embargo remains - Knight, Watson, Brown, Sibley, Hutchinson, Thompson. The only other position that makes sense to sell would be 1 of Roos or Marshall but we dont really have a backup option.

Edited by DCFC1388

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

On top of this the directors would be breaking the law continuing trading if they knew we were insolvent.

Personally I don’t understand why some sections of fans jumped to that conclusion that no season tickets sales must mean the club is preparing to no longer exist.  By that logic the club may aswell just show our fixtures list with a big Astrix next to every game saying *this game may not be played if the football club no longer exists. 

40 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I had a chat with someone I know who works in the ticket office the other day, and they said the only reason they weren't selling STs was the risk of another lockdown - they have only just cleared the refunds for this season and as your accountant friend said, it has created an administrative nightmare. If I'm honest, I'm not sure how or why it's so hard administratively but there you go.

Anyway, he said the club really didn't want to go down that road again. They might well be considering half STs should all go well up until Christmas. Match by match allows them greater flexibility - the risk of course is that if crowds drop off should the team not be performing, they could lose considerable revenue.

Exactly but even if they were to have gained that potential lost revenue they would have to return that value to the supporters anyhow in the form of either refunds or discounted tickets, rams tv etc in the future. By trying to stick to a realistic tickets to people in the stadium it allows them to plan and prepare aswell financially for those scenarios, ie full capacity, reduced, no fans and really see how that impacts the cash flow within the club. 

14 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Personally I don’t understand why some sections of fans jumped to that conclusion that no season tickets sales must mean the club is preparing to no longer exist.  By that logic the club may aswell just show our fixtures list with a big Astrix next to every game saying *this game may not be played if the football club no longer exists. 

g09b.gif

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah you missed off Ravel too but we have plenty of midfield options and his history doesn't warrant 1 of 4 spots going to him.

So you'd go with 2 CBs and Cashin as #3 then? Bit risky... I'd feel more comfortable throwing an inexperienced winger in if Lawrence or Joswiak were missing (Ebosele) plus Baldock can cover wide if needs be.

There's still the option, harsh as it sounds, to release J.Brown ? and/or Hutchinson if they're not considered close enough to being a Championship standard starter.

Oops. Yeah, we have more depth at CM than anywhere else, so he'd have to miss out

I'd sell Marshall, which allows us to have Davies, Jagielka and Wisdom. We'd be able to sign an emergency keeper if Roos picked up an injury.