Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

1 minute ago, chadlad said:

Any idea how much we owe HMRC and what instalments are outstanding and for which players. Apologies if this has already been stated on the thread.

Didn't the papers say £20m to HMRC?
Instalment(s) are apparently for Marriott - hence his contract extension being revoked in December

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Didn't the papers say £20m to HMRC?
Instalment(s) are apparently for Marriott - hence his contract extension being revoked in December

Okay, thanks. Can’t be much left on Marriott. £20 million to HMRC sounds high, presumably VAT and NHI payments.

Bit worrying….

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Where did you hear that?

Now that you have mentioned it though, I do remember Darragh MacAnthony was having a moan a few months back about a Championship club not paying certain transfer installments to them that they were due, so it certainly fits.

Daily Mail article regarding debt, fyi read last paragraph with Mel comments about PAYE payments, also I can say that one of my business's easily reached an agreement with HMRC to pay VAT arrears over 12 months because of Covid. As long as you stick to the agreement they will not issue a winding up order, so HMRC is not at the moment a club killer. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9580807/Potential-Derby-County-buyers-WALKING-AWAY-discovering-debts-60MILLION.html

Edited by Charlotte Ram
added mail link

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So marriott has gone to Peterborough on a free and DCFC still owe them money from the first transfer?

Bloody hell.

I reckon it's probably a case of us saying we're not paying any more money for him as you sold us a dud! ??

To which MacAnthony said "caveat emptor!" 

On 06/07/2021 at 12:07, rammieib said:

No - I think we are good to release the accounts - what they show is a different thing.

This magical £30 Million that Pearce has found also won't help us much. It is in the year ending 2018 but the two previous 3-year cycles before that are still a concern to me.

The three year cycles of 16/17/18, 17/18/19 and 18/19/20 will be perfectly clear. The only thinkg I'm not sure on is whether they extended P&S into a 4th year due to Covid. So actually it may well be 18/19/20/21 may be a P&S period of which the year ending 18 could show us having made a LOT of money.

However, and this is a big thing - just because the P&S shows a lot of money, doesn't mean we actually have the cash to go and start spending money on transfers. It's all paper money, it isn't cash in the bank and when you buy players, you need cash in the bank. Its fairly well documented that has been a big issue for us.

Cash is king.

I agree, but I think all the leagues are cash strapped. All I am concerned about is putting an end to this threat of points deductions that has been hanging over our heads for I don’t know how long. How can Mel possibly sell in these circumstances. ?Any investors needs to know where they stand. 

34 minutes ago, Carnero said:

We can't possibly be the only club in the entire football league that owes money to HMRC given the various deferral schemes that they've had in place.

This is the big unwritten story and one I suspect will raise its head over the next season. Mel has had to do some juggling and probably spend money he didn’t want to, but there has never been one iota of doubt that he is solvent and committed to DCFC’s wellbeing. What about the other clubs ? What about their sugar daddies ? 

I saw earlier that one of the US potential investors was the guy who owns Carnival Cruises .. hummm well they will have taken a pasting in the last 18 months. What was small change 2 years ago has a different value today. 

16 hours ago, jono said:

This is the big unwritten story and one I suspect will raise its head over the next season. Mel has had to do some juggling and probably spend money he didn’t want to, but there has never been one iota of doubt that he is solvent and committed to DCFC’s wellbeing. What about the other clubs ? What about their sugar daddies ? 

I saw earlier that one of the US potential investors was the guy who owns Carnival Cruises .. hummm well they will have taken a pasting in the last 18 months. What was small change 2 years ago has a different value today. 

I can’t agree with you about Morris being committed to Derby’s wellbeing.He has not even been paying all the running costs,hench we now owe HMRC money.Surely the larger the debt the less attractive an investment we become! A really astute business man /buyer would be waiting for us to go into liquidation to pick us up on the cheap with a lot less debt.

On 12/07/2021 at 16:47, Charlotte Ram said:

Daily Mail article regarding debt, fyi read last paragraph with Mel comments about PAYE payments, also I can say that one of my business's easily reached an agreement with HMRC to pay VAT arrears over 12 months because of Covid. As long as you stick to the agreement they will not issue a winding up order, so HMRC is not at the moment a club killer. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9580807/Potential-Derby-County-buyers-WALKING-AWAY-discovering-debts-60MILLION.html

So maybe it wasn't the fault of the potential foreign owners?

It makes more sense why a club owner might echoes fans' frustrations in a dressing room! "Work harder to get promoted, or we will be mired in debt!"

1 hour ago, Turnstile said:

I can’t agree with you about Morris being committed to Derby’s wellbeing.He has not even been paying all the running costs,hench we now owe HMRC money.Surely the larger the debt the less attractive an investment we become! A really astute business man /buyer would be waiting for us to go into liquidation to pick us up on the cheap with a lot less debt.

The purchase price would already reflect any debt to HMRC, so paying it off would not make it any more or less attractive.

If a buyer thinks MM would let the club go into liquidation then I would doubt that they are very astute.