Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

mean look at the players we have targeted, do you think they will be a big miss? As with most things at the club, it doesn’t seem like much thought has gone into the process, beyond sheer availability.

Like CKR and Curtis and Marshall gave us nothing.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. That doesn't follow.

If the young players need experienced players to help them develop in trying circumstances, surely having an experienced manager would be of equal if not greater value?

Tactics and coaching can be a leveller, no?

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

If the young players need experienced players to help them develop in trying circumstances, surely having an experienced manager would be of equal if not greater value?

Tactics and coaching can be a leveller, no?

No. The manager picks the players he can't go out there and play - the 'older' players do that!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like CKR and Curtis and Marshall gave us nothing.

CKR and Marshall are still contracted to the club, so they are not relevant to the point being made.

I said in my post that Davies will be a miss, but the rest?

Will we really be losing sleep over not being able to call upon Sone Aluko?

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

CKR and Marshall are still contracted to the club, so they are not relevant to the point being made.

I said in my post that Davies will be a miss, but the rest?

Will we really be losing sleep over not being able to call upon Sone Aluko?

Or Jags or Morrison or Stearman, etc - that is also the point, it's not just one. We have too much inexperienced youth. 

The only players likely to be sold or transferred will be the ones who generate any interest from other clubs. You can’t sell a player who isn’t wanted by anyone.

To that end if we are to ‘sell’ anyone the list of players to leave will not be the ones you may want to leave.

Players who may be of interest to other clubs would most likely be :-

Knight, Sibley, Bird, Marshall, Buchanan.

Possibly :-

Shinnie, Roos

Would maybe generate some interest but for small fees or compensation :-

Stretton, Ebosele, McDonald, Watson. 

You’d need to ask yourself would you happily lose Knight and Sibley for a cut price £10mill in order to sign Aluko and Morrison or are you better off just keeping what you have?

Anyone thinking we’ll offload anyone else is dreaming. 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Or Jags or Morrison or Stearman, etc - that is also the point, it's not just one. We have too much inexperienced youth. 

In this situation, I think the experience is needed in the dugout more so than the pitch.

But it is what it is.

Just now, Jourdan said:

In this situation, I think the experience is needed in the dugout more so than the pitch.

But it is what it is.

Some have suggested that Leicester ignored Pearson and the experienced players got together and sorted stuff themselves.

So no wrong again.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Some have suggested that Leicester ignored Pearson and the experienced players got together and sorted stuff themselves.

So no wrong again.

So you wouldn’t be more confident of the season ahead with a more experienced manager in charge?

38 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Surely by that logic then, this situation also calls for an experienced manager?

The entire situation is just an illustration of our poor decision making on multiple fronts rapidly catching up with us.

Of course, in an ideal world, we would want a nice mix of youth and experience, quality and steel and indeed too a manager with nous and experience.

But with the season beginning in less than 3 weeks, we are reaching the stage where acceptance that it will be anything but might be the best remedy.

I mean look at the players we have targeted, do you think they will be a big miss? As with most things at the club, it doesn’t seem like much thought has gone into the process, beyond sheer availability.

Playing the kids will almost definitely reduce our competitive edge, but let’s be honest, expectations will be at rock bottom anyway.

It will probably galvanise fans more than seeing players long in the tooth mailing it in.  The only exception being Davies and Wisdom as at least they have some attachment to the club and an idea of what it means to wear our particular black and white shirt.

There's a lot right with this post. Also, when I think about it weren't we already under a transfer embargo when we played Chorley? If so, the only two options available to the club were to obtain guarantees in advance that these would not count as senior appearances, or to forfeit the game. It seems we did neither.

Prize of a night out with Bristol's saddest banker if you guess who came up with this solution to embargo.  The only clue I'm giving is that it's the same person your going on the night out with.   

What about this, though it won't happen in a million years.

EFL approach Derby and offer a significant easement- in exchange for an agreed say 15 point deduction effective 2021/22 OR for the Interchangeable fixture list to finally have a use and accept swapping divisions with Wycombe effective immediately.

Or maybe Derby approach and offer a significant price (ie a huge deduction in 2021/22 or swap divisions with Wycombe now) in exchange for a significant improvement of their situation- otherwise IMO no deal, the Restrictions stay!

Two theoretical ideas- but the point remains that I'd be looking to extract a significant concession or set of concessions/price if I was the EFL here

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's a lot right with this post. Also, when I think about it weren't we already under a transfer embargo when we played Chorley? If so, the only two options available to the club were to obtain guarantees in advance that these would not count as senior appearances, or to forfeit the game. It seems we did neither.

How on earth would it be imagined then that it would like this now?

Did you see ONE post or tweet or hear anyone suggesting this situation might occur. I didn't.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. Even Colin couldn't do better with this squad. I think the youngsters are open to listening and the experienced will be here because they want to be here with Rooney.

Time will tell.

This job looked difficult 8-9 months ago. The situation has only further deteriorated and many of us are rightfully fearful of what’s to come.

Of course we all hope and pray that Rooney does well against the long odds.

But I don’t get your logic. You’re all for experienced players to come in (irrespective of quality and suitability), but an experienced manager by the same token would make no difference.

Experienced players need leadership too...

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Time will tell.

This job looked difficult 8-9 months ago. The situation has only further deteriorated and many of us are rightfully fearful of what’s to come.

Of course we all hope and pray that Rooney does well against the long odds.

But I don’t get your logic. You’re all for experienced players to come in (irrespective of quality and suitability), but an experienced manager by the same token would make no difference.

Experienced players need leadership too...

I've already given some rationale which you ignored.

Again, the experienced Leicester players it was said, when the going got tough, didn't need Pearson. This isn't the same by any means but I think it will be easier to implement a managers plans with experienced players. As for another manager, well yeah they're queuing up! ?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Again, the experienced Leicester players it was said, when the going got tough, didn't need Pearson. This isn't the same by any means but I think it will be easier to implement a managers plans with experienced players. As for another manager, well yeah they're queuing up! ?

For crying out load roony doing best he can in what he has got and he is trying get new players in. But what I seen style of play going more attacking and try to play with flair and passion.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

For crying out load roony doing best he can in what he has got and he is trying get new players in. But what I seen style of play going more attacking and try to play with flair and passion.

I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick. I'm happy with Rooney as manager.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I am not saying that experienced managers would be queuing up now or even guarantee anything.

We are past the point of return. It goes back to past decision making being poor, the appointment of Rooney included in that.

You keep referring to players managing themselves under Pearson at Leicester. How do you know that to be true though? A lot of stories get dressed up as fact.

Let’s deal in facts. We ended the season with one win in 15. Inexperienced and experienced players struggled alike. Rooney offered very little in the way of inspiration or problem solving. Short of something remarkable, that will only continue this season given our circumstances are far worse and far more challenging.

I don’t dispute experienced players may help to some degree, but the right kind of experienced manager would surely be much more of a tonic right now.

But again, that decision should have been made months ago when we had the chance. Instead we have only allowed things to deteriorate further.

I just think we might as well accept our plight and back the young players now rather than scraping the barrel for numbers and without any discernible strategy.

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

On top of this the directors would be breaking the law continuing trading if they knew we were insolvent.

If there’s a fair expectation that Mel will plug gaps in cashflow, then they’re not trading whilst insolvent. Still think he will do everything needed to avoid administration etc