Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How on earth would it be imagined then that it would like this now?

Did you see ONE post or tweet or hear anyone suggesting this situation might occur. I didn't.

It wasn't public IIRC that the club was under embargo, but obviously the club knew. 

Have some sympathy with the club on this. Counting kids from Chorley game some of whom may never play in another professional game as players of professional standing is a joke. We need to sign 4 players just to be able to be slightly competitive, we don’t sign anyone else then we could be this season’s Ipswich or Rotherham from a couple of years ago and be completely cut adrift. Doesn’t help the integrity of the league. It sounds like the other clubs think the same, with that plus the fact Derby are no longer being antagonistic towards the EFL and they seem to be trying to work with them, then hopefully common sense will prevail.

However, surely the main focus of the club now is resolving the reasons why we’re in embargo, with the HMRC bill being the main one. Hopefully it’s all a timing issue and will be sorted but it’s concerning that resolution of these issues doesn’t seem to be imminent. Takeover details need to remain confidential but embargos driven by HMRC overdue bills, surely the club needs to be more transparent about this?

The EFL will not help us by relaxing the terms of the embargo.

They actively want us to get relegated, they said as much in their appeal to the DC.

The only way out of this is for the club to pay HMRC in full (which we should have done anyway) and to publish the accounts.

Only when the EFL have no other choice will the embargo be lifted.

Just now, StarterForTen said:

If the club don’t pay HMRC then the embargo is the least of the problems. The Revenue does not play soft ball when it comes to debt collection. 

particularly when the business is owned by a multi millionaire

41 minutes ago, Spanish said:

particularly when the business is owned by a multi millionaire

Perhaps the HMRC default has something to do with resubmitting our accounts? If the 4 outstanding embargo points are all linked then they could hopefully be cleared together?

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well dont sound like to me mate

You've misunderstood my post which was a reply to another poster saying they'd prefer an experienced manager. If you doubt that I am happy to have Rooney as a manager read back through lots of my posts.

I wonder what Mels current financial situation is in reality. When he first bought the club it was stated he was worth £500m. We now have talk of his £200m investment in DCFC. If the club isn't worth much at the moment surely his wealth, although still huge has almost halved yet we still here figures of £500m banded about. 

Assuming he has dwindled to a measly £250m surely he could still settle all outstanding bills quite quickly, sort the club out then sell a much healthy and more valuable club? 

Just got me wondering how wealthy he may actually be. Are these figures thrown about, even the original £500m remotely accurate?

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I wonder what Mels current financial situation is in reality. When he first bought the club it was stated he was worth £500m. We now have talk of his £200m investment in DCFC. If the club isn't worth much at the moment surely his wealth, although still huge has almost halved yet we still here figures of £500m banded about. 

Assuming he has dwindled to a measly £250m surely he could still settle all outstanding bills quite quickly, sort the club out then sell a much healthy and more valuable club? 

Just got me wondering how wealthy he may actually be. Are these figures thrown about, even the original £500m remotely accurate?

Having a net worth of 250m doesnt mean you have 30million of cash just lying about to throw at things to fix problems. I hope this gets resolved quickly though as we are currently the laughing stock of English football. 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Worth includes all sorts of things that aren't "cash" - Mel probably still has hundreds of millions of assets, but that's not all just sitting in a bank account waiting to be spent on Derby.

Hypothetically, suppose he is still worth £200m but most of that is Castle Morris which is worth £199m. He has a million quid he can use right away, but that's what he's living with. Castle Morris could be sold but that will take time to do, might not be able to do in part and have other issues itself.

I've no idea what Mel's actually worth or what state his finances are but I gather rich people problems can get complicated and being "worth" x£ isn't the same as having x£ in the current account.

3 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Having a net worth of 250m doesnt mean you have 30million of cash just lying about to throw at things to fix problems. I hope this gets resolved quickly though as we are currently the laughing stock of English football. 

I understand that Tom but surely he could contemplate liquidising some assets to sort this mess out? If not is it because he cant or he doesn't want to?

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Worth includes all sorts of things that aren't "cash" - Mel probably still has hundreds of millions of assets, but that's not all just sitting in a bank account waiting to be spent on Derby.

Hypothetically, suppose he is still worth £200m but most of that is Castle Morris which is worth £199m. He has a million quid he can use right away, but that's what he's living with. Castle Morris could be sold but that will take time to do, might not be able to do in part and have other issues itself.

I've no idea what Mel's actually worth or what state his finances are but I gather rich people problems can get complicated and being "worth" x£ isn't the same as having x£ in the current account.

See my answer to Tom Radio

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I understand that Tom but surely he could contemplate liquidising some assets to sort this mess out? If not is it because he cant or he doesn't want to?

I rather suspect he doesnt want to. He didnt get his wealth in the first place by just throwing money at problems. Even if he did decide to do that it would take far too long to liquidise other areas of his business. This problem needs to be sorted out within the club. Accounts need to be submitted and we need to take whatever punishment comes our way if we have broken ffp rules. The delay in submitting is leading me too think that we will be over the ffp rules and we are trying to blag some signings before we get a point deduction. im struggling to see much light at the end of this tunnel. Its getting depressing now. If we have to go into this season on -6 points with this squad without the trialists, wow we are in major trouble. 

Edited by tombomb

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

But is he a well man ! 

He hasn't been but I don't know the current answer to that Curtains. With the wealth he has however he can call on his lawyers and advisors to do all the donkey work he would just need to "sign" presumably. 

As I say, should paying off HMRC and any other outstanding monies be beyond him if he is willing?

On a hugely different scale I know but whatever debts my own company has become my responsibility. Same for Mel.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

He hasn't been but I don't know the current answer to that Curtains. With the wealth he has however he can call on his lawyers and advisors to do all the donkey work he would just need to "sign" presumably. 

As I say, should paying off HMRC and any other outstanding monies be beyond him if he is willing?

We don't know what is stopping the HMRC default being sorted. Afterall the 'transfer payments' default embargo point has gone. I think the remaining 4 points must all be linked, clear one clear them all?

Edited by RoyMac5