Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We don't know what is stopping the HMRC default being sorted. Afterall the 'transfer payments' default embargo point has gone. I think the remaining 4 points must all be linked, clear one clear them all?

Possibly Roy. This is getting very serious now if it wasn't already. If Mel has assets he could use them to sort out HMRC quite quickly I would have thought.

Considering they spent months and probably hundreds of thousands of pounds trying to nail us on the amortisation policy why would they relax the rules for us in this case? They forced us to play our youth team to play the match and now they must be laughing their heads off that they have us dead to rights on this one. I fully expect a "The rules are the rules" response. Imagine the outrage from other championship teams if we are seen to be allowed to have the rules bent in our favour after the entire football league thinks we were already done a favour by being allowed to stay in the championship. Just cant see it happening im afraid. 

We were forced to play by the FA, not the EFL, fielding a team of kids, some of whom will likely never play professional first team football ever again. It smacks of someone in the EFL pouring over rule books at 3 in the morning desperately trying to find something else to throw at us.   I think this time though, even a number of other clubs have gone "Come on guys, enough's enough". 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

He hasn't been but I don't know the current answer to that Curtains. With the wealth he has however he can call on his lawyers and advisors to do all the donkey work he would just need to "sign" presumably. 

As I say, should paying off HMRC and any other outstanding monies be beyond him if he is willing?

Ok fair enough I don’t think any of us know Mels health state at the moment but the pressure on him has been immense IMO .

Now let’s just look at this regarding his financial situation because I’ve asked these questions.

Im not sure the finances are the problem but  it’s the EFL and their intransigence towards DCFC .

Even if Mel paid the HMRC which incidentally Covid indirectly caused and I would imagine other clubs have similar situations then our problems are still not resolved as we have to resubmit our accounts using a straight line amortization and the EFL could still pounce  

No I just see the EFL wanting to destroy Derby ,

The EFL should be the angst of Derby fans not Mel .

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Ok fair enough I don’t think any of us know Mels health state at the moment but the pressure on him has been immense IMO .

Now let’s just look at this regarding his financial situation because I’ve asked these questions.

Im not sure the finances are the problem but  it’s the EFL and their intransigence towards DCFC .

Even if Mel paid the HMRC which incidentally Covid indirectly caused and I would imagine other clubs have similar situations then our problems are still not resolved as we have to resubmit our accounts using a straight line amortization and the EFL could still pounce  

The EFL are not fit for purpose and don't get me wrong I like Mel immensely but it still boils down to whatever happens for whatever reason its his business so becomes his responsibility. 

8 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I think this time though, even a number of other clubs have gone "Come on guys, enough's enough". 

The whole point of being able to "staff up" is to keep the league competitive.  Our first 3 games are Huddersfield, Peterborough and Hull, and there's a possibility all 3 of those are in a relegation battle this season.  If you're another club that's potentially struggling this season, are you going to want those 3 clubs effectively getting a free-pass against our academy lads, when we might have signed half a dozen players by the time we play you?

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The EFL are not fit for purpose and don't get me wrong I like Mel immensely but it still boils down to whatever happens for whatever reason its his business so becomes his responsibility. 

Yes but he’s stuck between the water and the deep blue sea. 

I think this will play out over years to come .

The tawdry EFL are the main problem in my eyes. 

PS Looking forward to Alfreton Game tonight 

Edited by Curtains
Spelling

11 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Considering they spent months and probably hundreds of thousands of pounds trying to nail us on the amortisation policy why would they relax the rules for us in this case? They forced us to play our youth team to play the match and now they must be laughing their heads off that they have us dead to rights on this one. I fully expect a "The rules are the rules" response. Imagine the outrage from other championship teams if we are seen to be allowed to have the rules bent in our favour after the entire football league thinks we were already done a favour by being allowed to stay in the championship. Just cant see it happening im afraid. 

You may be right but I rather suspect that most clubs (with the exception of Wycombe and Middlesbrough of course) would accept that being forced to play a team of U23's and U18's due to a national pandemic were exceptional circumstances. Maybe the Rotherham situation could help us. If it had been a league match rather than a cup match that needed to be completed by a specific time, it could have been postponed.

If you're a potential buyer of the Club, I would think you would want every one of these issues currently causing a barrier to us going forward to be resolved and the sooner the better. If (and we don't really know) the revised accounts show that we have exceeded FFP limits, it is likely we will receive the penalty of a points reduction, it is imperative that the team is strengthened sufficiently to absorb the reduction and still secure safety in the Championship - the longer this drags on and the embargo remains in place, the more likely, with the current squad, it is that next season will be another one of a struggle to retain our present status.

If I can see this scenario then I'm sure Mel Morris can so I'd be amazed if moves are not already underway to discharge our current issues with the EFL.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

You may be right but I rather suspect that most clubs (with the exception of Wycombe and Middlesbrough of course) would accept that being forced to play a team of U23's and U18's due to a national pandemic were exceptional circumstances. Maybe the Rotherham situation could help us. If it had been a league match rather than a cup match that needed to be completed by a specific time, it could have been postponed.

Totally agree. But this is the EFL and they hate us. 

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Come on, Mel has loads to answear  for, why has he not come out and made a statement, he has run our great club into the ground, he loved the attention when things where going better, but now its turned to poo he is nowhere to be seen, how u can defend him is beyond me. 

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I dont know what but must be different to other clubs regarding HMRC default as they are not listed as embargoed because of it except Swindon. No point us speculating really as we are all totally in the dark on state of play with everything! 

Maybe just maybe a number of other clubs are fed up with the way the EFL have acted towards us, fearing they could be next in the crosshairs. It is clear that the EFL are not fit for purpose and they have acted in a totally unprofessional manner towards us, resembling a little child stamping their feet as they haven’t got their way. 

The ‘Professional Standing’ rule is a mockery and may well lead to teams not giving young players a run out or taste of first team action in case it comes back to bite them in the backside. A lot of clubs will be struggling for the near future so could easily be under an embargo like us. 

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Come on, Mel has loads to answear  for, why has he not come out and made a statement, he has run our great club into the ground, he loved the attention when things where going better, but now its turned to poo he is nowhere to be seen, how u can defend him is beyond me. 

No the tawdry EFL are running DCFC into the ground.  Fact 

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

He may be nowhere to be seen as he is busy trying to sort everything out that we want him to. If he had gone people would have said why is he hobnobbing with man utd when we need stuff sorting out. Cant win really. 

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I still wouldn't rule out the nuclear option of releasing some/all of the "Chorley 8" + Brown + Hutchinson if the EFL play hardball.

I was thinking that yesterday. Awful for the lads concerned but could we do that as things so desperate? Probably rule/points deduction for that also