EFL Verdict

DCFC90

Clearly the efl are going to try and relegate us through the re submission of our accounts which, are no doubt,already calculated.

I can't see how we won't be in breach or we wouldnt have tried it on in the first place and submitted them in a different manner to every other team in the country.

I'm starting to think that league 1 in six weeks is inevitable and that a total reset and a fresh start is perhaps what's required,if nothing else but to get the efl permanently off our backs.

I just want to watch Derby play football,I'm sick of this.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

6 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Blame Mel Morris, not the EFL. If he hadn’t tried to game the system we wouldn’t be in this position.

That isnt the point at all. Noone really disputes Mel mucked up, whatever the reasons.  The point is how the body apparently upholding the standards of the game is itself behaving. You think issuing a press release that is, presumably intentionally, badly written at 11.30pm when most are either asleep or busy focussing on Germany in the last 16 and singing about bombers is acceptable behaviour from the championship's governing body? 

You know, the more I think about it, the more bizarre it seems that the EFL are making and very openly broadcasting the fact they're making a separate fixture list based on a points deduction that hasn't happened. They've just invented a potential punishment that's different to the punishment that has actually been handed out and are going to publish a set of fixtures based on this imagined punishment, even though there's no suggestion that it's likely that it will actually be given.

What a weird organisation.

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

You know, the more I think about it, the more bizarre it seems that the EFL are making and very openly broadcasting the fact they're making a separate fixture list based on a points deduction that hasn't happened. They've just invented a potential punishment that's different to the punishment that has actually been handed out and are going to publish a set of fixtures based on this imagined punishment, even though there's no suggestion that it's likely that it will actually be given.

And in doing so make themselves look ridiculous

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Crazy all our summer planning is out the window.. more weeks of Embargo not knowing what league we are in anything! So depressing 

Be surprised if Rooney doesnt walk. If he doesnt based on his previous comments suggests he knows something re takeover we dont

Edited by CBRammette

Just now, Topram said:

Crazy all our summer planning is out the window.. more weeks of Embargo not knowing what league we are in anything! So depressing 

This is what winds me up the most. We've had months of embargoes which have completely messed our whole club up way more. I'd we'd had a 12pt deduction at the end of 19/20 season we'd have been fine.

But the process has continued and continued........ 

8 minutes ago, JfR said:

Shows their intention... They're going to appeal. 

The EFL could now just say ‘ok, we got what we wanted, a clear ruling that how DCFC did the accounting is wrong and the club have been punished. That’s an end to it’.  That way they keep a big club in the Championship and save face. Not really sure what’s in it for them by relegating Derby and Sheff Wed (two of the biggest teams in the EFL) and keeping Wycombe up. An odd business decision. 

Surely the accounts that are required are prepared now and have been 3rd party audited , it’s not like we haven’t known what was coming. So submit them today, then it’s down to the EFL and whoever they get in to go over the said accounts, the give the verdict. 
Either way surely this must be concluded before the start of the 21/22 season as the impact is on two clubs now. 
Whatever happens I am guessing we are now still under a embargo of some sorts that will stay until this is concluded. In short whatever happens we are in the poo come the start of the season. 

This clarifies the situation a bit:
Possibility of relegation last season is to do with the EFL appealing the original charge to have it changed
Resubmission of accounts would require new charges if there are any breaches, so wouldn't result in relegation last season

So it's not the case that any breaches in the resubmitted accounts will result in an immediate relegation.

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Surely the accounts that are required are prepared now and have been 3rd party audited , it’s not like we haven’t known what was coming. So submit them today, then it’s down to the EFL and whoever they get in to go over the said accounts, the give the verdict. 
Either way surely this must be concluded before the start of the 21/22 season as the impact is on two clubs now. 
Whatever happens I am guessing we are now still under a embargo of some sorts that will stay until this is concluded. In short whatever happens we are in the poo come the start of the season. 

Absolutely....no new players,contracts....potentially no ownership change because of the uncertainty over our status.

An absolute bag of spanners and a situation that no other team in the efl is having to deal with.

Star Wars Doom GIF

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

One point that everyone appears to be overlooking is....

This is unfair on Wycombe. How can they prepare for the new season not knowing which League they will be in? Do they go out and find new players so that they're competitive? And, if so, at what standard? Do they need to sell to make ends meet?

It's bad for both Wycombe and Derby. The EFL are a disgusting organisation who have shown time and time again that they do not protect clubs.

Haven't we had enough punishment as it is, our name has been dragged through the mud. This case has been going on for years. It's appalling. And now they want more sanctions because we supposedly gained an unfair advantage with our accounting methods even though we haven't.

2 full seasons now of absolute chaos and it's still going on. What an absolute shambles.