The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Fair dos to the Sweaty Socks for having a go but this is what happens when your best player is stuck at left back and you’ve got the clogger’s clogger Grant Hanley as your defensive rock…

We shouldn’t have anything to fear from either side.

Assuming we don't get suckered into a 'local Derby' type match we should be comfortably into round 2 by Friday night.

Was pretty even until the goal.

Has chances to get back in it.

Davie Marshall gets board and goes a walk to the halfway line and ooops......

Scotland keep trying but fluff the chances they need to take if they're to get back in.

Vydra comes on.

My significant other says to me "it's always like this"

Oh well.

All will be forgiven on Friday.

I like Jozwiak as a player and just think he's not settled well into a team that had all the attacking confidence sapped out of them from the start of last season. He played better when his mate Bielik was fit and has shown glimpses of what he's capable of so far.

I admit, it's been a disappointing return on someone who we thought would be a match winner for us, but if we can get some better attacking options this summer for him to play with and some tactics that play to his strengths (carrying the ball and getting in behind the opposition defense) then I'm sure he will have a much better season next season.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play with some confident and high quality players around him.

Just now, Grumpy Git said:

Helps when the other nine are half-decent.

Absolutely, but a player with his reputation should've produced something much better than 1 goal and 3 assist with 40 plus appearances - especially in a second division. I get that playing with Lewandowski helps, a lot, in comparison to Kazim-Richards. 

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

I like Jozwiak as a player and just think he's not settled well into a team that had all the attacking confidence sapped out of them from the start of last season. He played better when his mate Bielik was fit and has shown glimpses of what he's capable of so far.

I admit, it's been a disappointing return on someone who we thought would be a match winner for us, but if we can get some better attacking options this summer for him to play with and some tactics that play to his strengths (carrying the ball and getting in behind the opposition defense) then I'm sure he will have a much better season next season.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play with some confident and high quality players around him.

Well said. Glad to read a positive post. I think he is a quality player and hope we keep him.