The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

3 minutes ago, David said:

Defends Chris Martin like it’s his mother for months on end, wouldn’t hear a bad word be said, then says Lewandowski is past it, a month after breaking the Bundesliga record for goals in a season.

Couldn’t make this up ?

Oh dear you can't let it go can you. Why do you always have to have a go, something you need to do.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh dear you can't let it go can you. Why do you always have to have a go, something you need to do.

How’s that having a go? If you post takes like that you will have to expect some replies. 

I mean even if you don’t follow German football, the record has been talked about multiple times now during the coverage. 

If you didn’t hear that….you’ve claimed a footballer that you have seen play one half of football is past it. I mean, come on. ?

3 minutes ago, David said:

How’s that having a go? If you post takes like that you will have to expect some replies. 

I mean even if you don’t follow German football, the record has been talked about multiple times now during the coverage. 

If you didn’t hear that….you’ve claimed a footballer that you have seen play one half of football is past it. I mean, come on. ?

I said he's playing like he's on 40 fags a day.

You said Chris Martin.

?

36 minutes ago, David said:

Beat Gerd Muller's decades old record, despite missing a chunk of the season.

28 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah, was decent. So much better than Jenas. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Talked some decent tactics - gave a manager's eye view and it was quite insightful. 

Shouldn’t be surprising I suppose, considering her achievements in the women’s game.

Would be interested to see if she’s a match for the elite coaches in the men’s game, or whether women’s football is behind the men’s game tactically right now. Having watched very little of it, I couldn’t possibly come to a conclusion until a woman takes over at a men’s side.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Shouldn’t be surprising I suppose, considering her achievements in the women’s game.

Would be interested to see if she’s a match for the elite coaches in the men’s game, or whether women’s football is behind the men’s game tactically right now. Having watched very little of it, I couldn’t possibly come to a conclusion until a woman takes over at a men’s side.

I think the theory is completely gender neutral. 

An example... Once Poland went down to 10 a Slovakia player did a driving run through the centre of the midfield almost to the box. 

Emma Hayes said "too passive. Even though you're down a player you still need to press the ball. The 2 polish centre midfield players dropped off and waited which allowed the attacker to drive right into the centre". 

It may be a simple analysis, but it was stated clearly with none of the dribbling platitudes that you get with some co-commentators.