The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

David

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Missed most of the first half.

Are England doing their usual strategy of try really really hard at the start of the match then just be knackered and lose?

From what I saw in the last ten minutes England are playing pretty well and the match is pretty even.

More or less. Ran around a bit. Got hot and tired, didn't do much in the last 20 or so mins of the half. 

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good performance against World Cup runners up. Maybe get Reece James on as Walker's passing is well off today.

I actually think if we get 1 we could get 2 or 3, playing well when we spring into life going forward, I wish Kane would not come so deep. Agree with you on Walker, other than that good 1st half .

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Walker looks like a mistake waiting to happen. Pickford's distribution is poor. 

Southgate is so predictably ordinary. Meh.

Walker has already made mistakes, so it's not waiting to happen. Pickford almost had a couple of assists but messed up a few kicks too.

Unsurprised to see you only picked out the negatives. Phillips, Foden, Mount, Sterling and Mings playing well. Rest doing ok.

First match, hot day, world cup runners up, pretty new lineup, lots of players haven't played friendlies due to Champions League. Could have easily had a goal or 2.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Unsurprised to see you only picked out the negatives. Phillips, Foden, Mount, Sterling and Mings playing well. Rest doing ok.

Because the negatives are what are stopping the play from the great attackers you've mentioned (bar Mings!).