The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Some brilliant play by the young Swedish lad isak. 

Took on 3 or 4 and squared it beautifully across the 6 yard box whereupon the big donkey no 9 hoofed it straight up in the air. 

I'll be honest. Even with my current athletic frame created by sitting at a desk for years eating mars bars through eye watering boredom- I'd have buried that 100 times out of a 100.   

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'll be honest. Even with my current athletic frame created by sitting at a desk for years eating mars bars through eye watering boredom- I'd have buried that 100 times out of a 100.   

I'd have given it a go at throwing myself on the deck and gut barging it in. ?

I couldn't work out how the guy managed to skew the ball up and away from the goal from that angle... 

35 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Career defining I'm afraid.

Say that, but he saved the penalty that took them to the Euro’s, pre match they were saying Scotland fans call him Sir David Marshall

24 minutes ago, David said:

Say that, but he saved the penalty that took them to the Euro’s, pre match they were saying Scotland fans call him Sir David Marshall

Yes ......

But the goal in some quarters is being called the greatest Euros goal ever.

Will be in every Euros 2021 highlights montage forever.

3 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Yes ......

Was a brilliant finish.

Was Marshall too high up the pitch? Of course, IMO, but that was still no easy finish.

When Beckham scored from the halfway line, does anyone remember who the keeper was that day? The goal is remembered for Beckham’s finish.

Clarke also refused to blame him, which suggests he was asked to push up when in possession, can’t believe he meant that far but still.

19 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Yes ......

Yes everyone is forgetting the 3 or 4 other very good saves he made before that strike - it was very good and even then he wasn't far off saving it. If it had been from the edge of the box it'd soon be forgotten and the keeper not blamed.