Reclaim the club - starting with this forum

IslandExile

In the thread 'Rooney In', @Highgate argued one of the reasons we should dispense with Rooney's services is:

"Sacking him will mean we won't have to look at the 'Wayne Rooney's DCFC fans' anymore."

To the mods.... Help us reclaim our club. Even if we must have a celebrity in the managerial hot seat, and it seems we must, then at least let this forum lead the way in showing the world that the club is bigger than any individual.

Derby County Football Club.

Then we can say things like "DCFC's manager Wayne Rooney..... needs to get wins".

Edited by IslandExile
Changed title, not yet ready for a full rebellion

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yes, I really dislike it also. Totally get it was meant as a parody of how we're referred to in the media but Rooney's name & 'brand' is now so toxic with some, its becoming divisive.

A vote as @ck- suggests would maybe be the fairest way of deciding whether to keep it or not.

Can we have a vote to decide whether we should have a vote?

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yes, I really dislike it also. Totally get it was meant as a parody of how we're referred to in the media but Rooney's name & 'brand' is now so toxic with some, its becoming divisive.

A vote as @ck- suggests would maybe be the fairest way of deciding whether to keep it or not.

I know it’s supposed to be a joke but I don’t like it. 

Agreed - seemed like a lot of people wanted us to go down yesterday, due in no small part I'm sure to the media and celebrity circus which as been created around DCFC in the last couple of years.

Obviously changing the forum name isn't going to be a silver bullet to changing that but we can't complain about Mel's love of celebrity while simultaneously seeming to revel in it.

2 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

I heard the forum name has to stay that way as part of his contract with 32 Red. Rooney opted out of performance based incentives and instead opted to have a forum page named after him. 

That’s right. @Boycietold me @Davidtook a huge bung in a brown envelope and a lifetime supply of sausage to rename the Forum ?

I would agree with the OP. The name was obviously based as a joke following on from when we started being referred to as Frank Lampard's Derby County, and now Wayne Rooney's instead.

If he was doing well, and there were a vast amount of support for him, then fair enough. However it appears as if the consensus is that Rooney's dismissal would be met quite favourable by the majority of the board. The name is better off being changed whether he remains our manager or not.