Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Freeman of the City of Derby rights according to #youllnevertakethepopside.com

Right to drive livestock through to market.

Right to sell your wares in the market place.

Right to travel toll-free through the city.

Right to shout abuse at reddogs, in or out of the city boundary.

Right to moan like buggery that the Ossie Park pub is now a feckin carpet shop.

Right to admit that its probably a good thing that the Mitre has been demolished.

Right to get pished at the early evening session in the Neptune.

10 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Can we read between the lines with the freedom thing.

The council have voted to bestow him the honour. They would look a right bunch of muppets if he left now.

Does this mean the council as one of the team Derby stateholders know that the stadium deal is done and CK is definitely the man? 

I think this is a bit of a stretch.

Nice try though. ?

Reg Harrison - Derby born and bred. Served as an Army Training Officer in WW2, FA Cup winner with Derby. Helped establish grassroots football clubs within the city, which (theoretically!) still provides us with future stars to this day.

Brian Clough. Middlesbrough born, legendary football manager who brought Derby County their first ever league title, one of only two, also took them to a European semi-final. His legacy still hangs positively over the club to this day. Lived locally(?) in later life and passed away at Derby City Hospital.

Adam Peaty - World record breaking Olympic gold medalist. 'Semi-local', born in Uttoxeter, trained in Derby throughout his teenage years.

Wayne Rooney - Liverpool born, only stepped foot in Derby about 4 times in his life until he'd reached the age of 33. England's leading goalscorer. Did his level best to avoid Derby being relegated to the 3rd tier, ultimately didn't manage it but did help bring a sense of pride back to the club after a torrid few years. Didn't leave his job as reportedly the Championships highest paid manager to go and interview for a job he wasn't going to be given elsewhere.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

11 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Wayne Rooney - Liverpool born, only stepped foot in Derby about 4 times in his life until he'd reached the age of 33. England's leading goalscorer. Did his level best to avoid Derby being relegated to the 3rd tier, ultimately didn't manage it. Didn't leave his job as reportedly the Championships highest paid manager to go and interview for a job he wasn't going to be given elsewhere.

And how about the effect that had on the Club's players and staff, fans and the rest of the City? #proud

Who is Adam Peaty?

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

And how about the effect that had on the Club's players and staff, the rest of the City? #proud

Happenstance. He's credited with that almost by default of being the manager but it could have been anyone, really. Maybe not just anyone would have performed with the same level of dignity, but that in itself really isn't worth all of the flowery talk that makes it sound on a par with some truly great achievements.

I added a little bit of that in nevertheless.

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

You are joking? Right?

Yes, but I'm sure there's lots of folk not aware of him (particularly outside Derbys.). I'm not a fan of swimming/Olympics, so... ?

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I love Wayne Rooney for everything he's done for the club. But all this statute and freedom of the city nonsense is absolutely ridiculous. 

I created a topic on building a statute.

I wasn’t being serious.

I agree with you for once.

And that’s coming from a huge Wayne Rooney fan.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I created a topic on building a statute.

I wasn’t being serious.

I agree with you for once.

And that’s coming from a huge Wayne Rooney fan.

Wasn't talking about you. There was a genuine attempt at building a statue or bust a couple of months back! I can't remember what happened to it or if it's still in the works.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Wasn't talking about you. There was a genuine attempt at building a statue or bust a couple of months back! I can't remember what happened to it or if it's still in the works.

I know, and I agree with you.

I do love a good bust though, can’t lie.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Adam Peaty is a swimmer, born in Uttoxeter, a town in Staffordshire.

So therefore, he is Derby born and bred init.

Wouldn't know him if he was stood at the bar next to me. ?