Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Stretford has been at Rooney’s side since Wayne was a kid. I would imagine it was Stretford who got the deal done to bring Wayne to DCFC. I don’t know much about him - only that he is an Agent and wants to own a football club at some point.

Does he want to buy a stadium by any chance.

Edited by 1977 Ram Raider

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Stretford has been at Rooney’s side since Wayne was a kid. I would imagine it was Stretford who got the deal done to bring Wayne to DCFC. I don’t know much about him - only that he is an Agent and wants to own a football club at some point.

He's free to. But our manager's agent (whoever he may be) should be absolutely nowhere near the board of our football club. Simple as.

29 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He's free to. But our manager's agent (whoever he may be) should be absolutely nowhere near the board of our football club. Simple as.

Why? What difference could it make say, compared to it being Mel in charge?

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Because I imagine whoever is on the board will have a say in who's employed as manager.

The agent of said manager should be absolutely nowhere near that decision.

He can only pick Rooney once, surely? Who'd pick the same manager more than once if they failed? 

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He can only pick Rooney once, surely? Who'd pick the same manager more than once if they failed? 

The issue isn't with reappointing Rooney. The issue is with sacking him if he's not performing. I find it highly unlikely that Stretford would be impartial if that decision needed to be taken.

56 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You should ask Chris Kirchner who he'd like to appoint as Director of Football...

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

You should ask Chris Kirchner who he'd like to appoint as Director of Football...

I know Gary Cook is Kirchner's choice for CEO.

I'm not aware of him publicly expressing a desire to give Stretford a position like that or a seat on the board, but I keep seeing it mentioned so I presume he's said it somewhere.

I'm warming to Kirchner but I think it would be a terrible and worrying decision if he were to put Stretford in a position like that.

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The issue isn't with reappointing Rooney. The issue is with sacking him if he's not performing. I find it highly unlikely that Stretford would be impartial if that decision needed to be taken.

Lol. I was pointing out that 'others' have done similar ie Mel.

If his money is invested and the manager isn't succeeding then I see no reason why the manager wouldn't be moved on. Tell me who you think will be impartial? There's no guarantees.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. I was pointing out that 'others' have done similar ie Mel.

If his money is invested and the manager isn't succeeding then I see no reason why the manager wouldn't be moved on. Tell me who you think will be impartial? There's no guarantees.

Best mate on the board and Freedom of the City

JOB FOR LIFE BABY !!!!!!!!

image.png.243a397a4727b21cc9bfa4f30845e593.png