Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Have to say only loosely followed this but having read through those transcripts they're incredibly damning on both RV and her agent.  Both come across as lovely human beings.  Wonder what Jamie thought as he read through them as bet your bottom dollar he probably knew little of all this as it happened. 

In fairness to RV's agent wasn't that what she was employed to do, to get her boss' face and story into the media (and paid for it) to raise RV's public profile and develop a media 'personality' - which appears to pass as a proper job in some circles.  The fact that she (both of them) tramples over the reputations and privacy of others along the way is immaterial collateral damage, in her world and that of much of the national media.

I wouldn't have thought that Jamie's reputation will be much damaged in the dressing room whether he was a source or not - his colleagues will only be bothered if his goals dry up and they don't earn their bonuses.  He'll go if Leicester think his time is up, not if they don't 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes, but have we got a "details of players houses, addresses, security measures, known material assets and likely value of a single raid on the property" thread?

I don't know, but I've heard @angieram stands outside the youth team's houses with a pair of binoculars she may know!

On 17/05/2022 at 18:05, PistoldPete said:

If Jamie Vardy wanted to deny what Wayne Rooney had to say why wasn't he called as a witness for the claimant? Oh dear this doesn't look good for the Vardys.  

Seems like Wayne and Colleen’s lawyer agrees with me. 

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes, but have we got a "details of players houses, addresses, security measures, known material assets and likely value of a single raid on the property" thread?

I think you have missed my point. I am sure that the organised gangs who target footballers homes are more than capable of obtaining such details. 

Having said that I am sure our players won’t be on said gangs list unless they want to steal toy figures,  pogs, fidget spinners or what ever the latest trend in amongst kids nowadays. Plus they’d have to sneak past their parents. 

9 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I think you have missed my point. I am sure that the organised gangs who target footballers homes are more than capable of obtaining such details. 

Having said that I am sure our players won’t be on said gangs list unless they want to steal toy figures,  pogs, fidget spinners or what ever the latest trend in amongst kids nowadays. Plus they’d have to sneak past their parents. 

No, I entirely got your point, I was trying to be funny.

Seriously folks, online security and social media sense are important.

54 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

In fairness to RV's agent wasn't that what she was employed to do, to get her boss' face and story into the media (and paid for it) to raise RV's public profile and develop a media 'personality' - which appears to pass as a proper job in some circles.  The fact that she (both of them) tramples over the reputations and privacy of others along the way is immaterial collateral damage, in her world and that of much of the national media.

I wouldn't have thought that Jamie's reputation will be much damaged in the dressing room whether he was a source or not - his colleagues will only be bothered if his goals dry up and they don't earn their bonuses.  He'll go if Leicester think his time is up, not if they don't 

True, agree that's her job, although the way she went about it, and the defamatory language used "copying" RV comments gives us a pretty go idea of the sort of person she is too. 

If rumours are true, although I think RV is denying them at the moment, they'll be off to the US soon to start over.  Would make sense too I guess since I think JV is part owner of one of the MLS clubs isn't he?

The conclusion of Tom Peck who has been reporting the case for the Independent...

'Vardy denies these allegations. Her denials, at least in the words of the barrister cross-examining her, appear to depend on her WhatsApp conversations having been conducted, “not in English, but in a kind of jokey code, in which words don’t mean what they say.”

She has, in effect, it seems to me, sued someone for calling her a duck, only for long years of WhatsApp conversations to be read out in court, none of which appear to say anything other than “quack”.'

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

In fairness to RV's agent wasn't that what she was employed to do, to get her boss' face and story into the media (and paid for it) to raise RV's public profile and develop a media 'personality' - which appears to pass as a proper job in some circles. 

Yes

The fact that she (both of them) tramples over the reputations and privacy of others along the way is immaterial collateral damage, in her world and that of much of the national media.

"Trampling over the reputation of others" has no bearing over your first point. It was all about the money.

Of course they'll be bothered. They'll be scared to mention anything about their personal lives in front of him, for fear of it ending up in the papers.