Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"I'm sorry M'lud but my client is not guilty on the grounds of being batshit crazy and 'out of it' at the time, deleting by happy chance exactly the messages in question in her randomness because she a woman who was pregnant at the time and as we all know that prevents any logical thought so it couldn't have been deliberate, plus she was suffering from Dubai Syndrome which we all know means that you press random buttons a lot". Brushes hands together... "Job done !"

??

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Anybody else following? Tom Lawrence is.

I would assume “private account” means just that, private account, pictures for the eyes of friends and family only. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

I would assume “private account” means just that, private account, pictures for the eyes of friends and family only. 

Yeah, by invite only.

Just wondered, as when you see an Insta account that is private - like say Festy's now is - it lists who is following that account that you also follow (I think). Hence I see that Tom Lawrence is following wazzaroon08.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Utterly bizarre defence. Well, entire case.

Amusing, though.

It's a token basket defence, simply because what has been found out about her is absolutely indefensible. He had to say something on her behalf to justify the big fat fees she's been stupid enough to agree to pay out to him for fighting her corner. In fairness to him, I can't think of anything better he could have said for her in the circumstances. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Any offers, anyone?

I cannot believe that Tomlinson would not have advised Vardy to snap Colleen's hand off with the 'drop hands offer' for both sides to withdraw, walk away and pay their own costs before the trial started. He understood what was coming. But Vardy was too vain and too dim and stupidly thought she could lie her way through this. She had no witnesses willing to corroborate her perjury, including Steptoe, while Colleen had a queue of people coming forward to support the truth.

I can't understand why it's going to take the judge a couple of weeks to write her judgement. I think most of the members who have posted on this thread, could do it this evening.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

9 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

It's a token basket defence, simply because what has been found out about her is absolutely indefensible. He had to say something on her behalf to justify the big fat fees she's been stupid enough to agree to pay out to him for fighting her corner. In fairness to him, I can't think of anything better he could have said for her in the circumstances. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Any offers, anyone?

I cannot believe that Tomlinson would not have advised Vardy to snap Colleen's hand off with the 'drop hands offer' for both sides to withdraw, walk away and pay their own costs before the trial started. He understood what was coming. But Vardy was too vain and too dim and stupidly thought she could lie her way through this. She had no witnesses willing to corroborate her perjury, including Steptoe, while Colleen had a queue of people coming forward to support the truth.

I can't understand why it's going to take the judge a couple of weeks to write her judgement. I think most of the members who have posted on this thread, could do it this evening.

It is a token basket defence but likely to be successful.

RV is the plaintiff seeking damages. Specifically that she was accused of leaking info to the press about CR.

Colleen has been unable to prove this due to the alleged loss of evidence.

Furthermore CR has to specifically prove that RV did it or directed someone to.

The case is specific to one aspect. Proving, as the defence have, that RV has form unfortunately for the Rooney’s doesn’t mean she is responsible this time.

It’s almost certain that she did but almost certain is not enough.

In my opinion Vardy will win damages.

What is stunning about this case is that RV was suing for damages to her reputation but in bringing this case has done far more damage herself. Her reputation is in the bin and it’s very doubtful Jamie Vardy will be trusted by any team mates in the future.