Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I was incredibly critical of appointing Rooney after last season. But he's been a pillar and a credit to the club throughout.

Get him a statue, even if we do go down. 

There was plenty of people unhappy of the process in which Rooney was appointed but this season alone, he’s not only shown his worth, his class, his leadership etc most of all this highlights his morals around work ethic are off the scale compared to many in football.

What a shame those in higher roles, do not have the same football ethics as Wayne Rooney!

Outstanding loyalty to our cause. Top bloke forevermore in my book.

Edited by Zag zig

This guy is incredible, but smart.

He will get plenty of chances to manage Everton in his life (Pretty much anytime they sack someone, so every six months) but he knows the time to go there is not now. Lampard made the error, Rooney hasn't done.

Then on top of that, his credibility in the market in general will go up a lot with this.

Even if we go down this summer, and a different opportunity comes his way which he goes to, I'll be extremely thankful for what he has done for us.

Well. I'm speechless. He's turned down his boyhood club, who themselves are in a relegation battle and desperately need help.

In fact, I'm not speechless, I'm just struggling to find the right words to pour my love out for the bloke on the internet.

Incredible show of loyalty, absolutely incredible. This guy deserves 100% backing from EVERY Derby fan now, without exception. 

What he has done this week is truly astonishing. 

A Premier League job interview.

His boyhood club.

No thanks, I have a job to do here.

Wayne Rooney, you sir are a legend and I'm stone cold sober saying this.

3 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Many people were saying if they offer it he goes 100%..but his actions as manager here tell you that was never going to happen.

I was one of those. Having seen Lampard unable to turn Chelsea down, you sort of prepare for the inevitable that if they come calling he would be gone.

Who would blame him?

The fact he turned down even a chance to talk to them, well, I'm not sure we will ever see this level of loyalty again.