Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have no idea if Rooney will do well or not as our manager this season and I am prepared to give him a chance with all the chaos going on about the club currently.

areas of concern for me - lawrence as captain? Surely  it has to be any of Shinnie Davies or Jagielka assuming the last two sign on 

we have a nugget of a player in Sibley who doesn’t get a lot of game time yet he makes things happen on the pitch, be patient young Sibley and wait for your chance just like Chris Martin had to do under Cocu and take that chance.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

My sanity left me a long time ago, otherwise I wouldn't be posting on here ? . Seriously, I can't even describe myself as a fan any more with any honesty. I stopped going to away matches a few years ago following a couple of 'incidents', and I gave up my season ticket two years ago.

Don't get me wrong - I still love the club with a passion and I'm desperate for them to do well, but I just don't feel 'comfortable' any more. Perhaps things will change in the future - who knows?

Ahhh Eddie mate... you are as much of a fan as the next person in my book. You invest your soul into a club, which you have obviously done for a very long time. You dont have to be there in the stadium to cry, bleed and go on the annual rollercoaster.

8 hours ago, Ibby said:

SunSport understands Rooney was left in no doubt about the standards he is expected to set as the club's manager and high-profile figurehead.

But there was no appetite within the club to axe Rooney and risk a potential lengthy legal battle over whether he broke any of the terms of his contract, which currently has two years remaining on it.

After the game, Rooney apologised and said: "I made a mistake. I went to a private party with two of my friends.

"From me, I would like to apologise to my family and the club for the images which were going round.

"I want to move forward on this. I'm grateful to Derby County for giving me this opportunity to get this club back to where it belongs.

"I will do everything in my power to do that."

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

SunSport understands Rooney was left in no doubt about the standards he is expected to set as the club's manager and high-profile figurehead.

But there was no appetite within the club to axe Rooney and risk a potential lengthy legal battle over whether he broke any of the terms of his contract, which currently has two years remaining on it.

After the game, Rooney apologised and said: "I made a mistake. I went to a private party with two of my friends.

"From me, I would like to apologise to my family and the club for the images which were going round.

"I want to move forward on this. I'm grateful to Derby County for giving me this opportunity to get this club back to where it belongs.

"I will do everything in my power to do that."

Worst part of the article.