The ‘I was right’ thread

Jourdan

10 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

As soon as we splashed the cash on Blackman, Butterfield and countless others, I knew MM would be a disaster and that it would all end badly.

I said the same. Of course I wasn't complaining at the time because we were a good team and getting in the playoffs. But in the back of my mind I knew that this was no way to run a football club and it could come back to bite us. It has.

I was right that we should have sacked Cocu a few games into the season after the Blackburn disgrace , would have allowed us to get a decent appointment in and not be stuck with a rookie also we would have alot of time to turn it around and have a few more points than now.

Also was right about Kazim being a decent signing, he has fell off of late but has scored some key goals, we would already be doomed without him. 

I always used to put Roxanne on the pub Jukebox the first time it was released when everyone else said that "The Police" was a stoopid name for a band and that they'll never make it.

In football terms, I thought Billy Caskey, Derek Hales and Jack Marriott would become legendary goal scorers for us. Oh wait....

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I was in the minority of keeping Nigel Clough. He was building a superb team and would have got us promoted on a ridiculously small budget.

I was in that minority too, I was gutted when they sacked him. He was doing it the right way.

I think that may be literally the only time I have been right though.....ever.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I was in the minority of keeping Nigel Clough. He was building a superb team and would have got us promoted on a ridiculously small budget.

Funnily enough, you could now argue that we are in the exact same sort of place we were in when Nigel Clough came to the club.

Hurtling down the table. Club finances out of control. Unbalanced squad. No playing identity. Big names at the club who don’t seem to care. Severed connection with the fan base.

I can’t believe Mel has essentially brought us back to a place where we arguably now need another Nigel Clough job ?‍♂️?

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

You need to lighten up, mate.

This is obviously not a serious thread. It’s so obviously tongue in cheek.

But if you think it’s pathetic and pointless, I am not at all worried.

You’re never right, are you?

Yaaaaaaaawn!!!! Mr positive once again rejoicing that some people got it right ....well done ??????????

14 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Yaaaaaaaawn!!!! Mr positive once again rejoicing that some people got it right ....well done ??????????

You’re not the only one who is tired. Why do you constantly follow me around trying to get the upper hand?

You keep suggesting I am negative, but people tend to be positive when there is something to be positive about.

That’s what you don’t get - no-one is rejoicing. No-one is glad to be right. No-one is even being negative.

The club is in a mess, so how can you expect sunshine and rainbows? People are just calling it for what it is - a mess!

I’ve seen some terrible sides under Gregory, Brown, Jewell and Clough. Can you honestly be surprised that people like myself anticipate the worst when it comes to Derby County?

Look at that prediction thread the other week about the last 7 games of the season.

You waded in saying that I was negative by predicting we’d only get 4 points from 21.

We are on course to do even worse than that! And yet I am negative?

Give it a rest. This is a tough time for everyone.

20 minutes ago, Taribo said:

That Abdoul Camara would be absolute dog poo. I called it from his YouTube highlight reel. 

also a nearly right: that Steve Mac would be a great appointment and get us promoted. 

It's funny, when we sacked Clough I believed it was the best move and I also firmly believed Mac was a great appointment and believed he would get us promoted.

But what I would give to have Nigel Clough come in now and do a slow rebuild on a budget all over again.

He made some naff signings, but when you think of Brayford, Fielding, Shackell, Keogh, Ward, Russell, Martin, Forsyth, Bryson, Eustace. Honorable mentions for players like Theo Robinson and James Bailey.

There will be bargains galore in a post Covid transfer world, someone like Clough would make the most of them.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There will be bargains galore in a post Covid transfer world, someone like Clough would make the most of them.

Someone like Clough would do. I still think Rooney's 5 Jan. loans showed an ability to get something for next to nothing. Would probably have had less injuries if they'd been with us preseason.