Jozwiak

vonwright

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

So what he’s been called up for his national team, what good is that for us. All last season and the 3 games this season he’s done nothing in a Rams shirt. He takes up a spot in our front 3 and has scored 1 goal in his time here. They’re the facts so you can scoff at those with the opinion he’s not all that all you want. 

He won the penalty that helped keep us in the Championship. He's nowhere near as bad as being made out. He tries his best, if that isn't good enough it's not his fault. 

He's a Derby player being pilloried for no other reason than he's not what they think he should be.

Oh and he won that penalty!

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He won the penalty that helped keep us in the Championship. He's nowhere near as bad as being made out. He tries his best, if that isn't good enough it's not his fault. 

He's a Derby player being pilloried for no other reason than he's not what they think he should be.

Oh and he won that penalty!

My response was due to the fact just because he gets called up for Poland any view on him being a poor player is smugly deemed wrong. I’ll judge him on what he does in a Derby shirt and so far unfortunately that’s not been good enough. Let’s hope that changes quickly as he’s a senior pro and we need them to step up. 

On 14/08/2021 at 20:01, Archied said:

I don’t get the ashamed bit , they are just scumbags who happen to follow the same football club we do ,they do not represent or reflect on decent people??‍♂️

Perhaps angry and disgusted might have been a better choice of words. I agree that they do not represent or reflect the views of the decent-minded fans, but I feel so sad and angry for the players singled out for this abuse, especially Joz who seems to be taking longer to settle into his role this season for reasons unknown. I guess there are genuine 22 carat scumbags in the crowd as there are out there generally in life, but I hope that it was the influence of alcohol and the feeling of being anonymous and bold in a crowd that led to some joining in with these unacceptable slurs. If not then they really are scumbags!! No club or fans want to be associated with this kind of disgraceful, idiotic and embarrassing behavior.?

My experience of these incidents in the past is that it is usually one drunken yob, with maybe one or two lackeys half heartedly joining in because they daren't do otherwise.

A lot of people around looking embarrassed, angry, some challenging and getting told to duck off. I know, I have been that person being sworn at in the past. 

Wasn't anywhere near the incident last week but I would have reported it. 

We will weed them out.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

My experience of these incidents in the past is that it is usually one drunken yob, with maybe one or two lackeys half heartedly joining in because they daren't do otherwise.

A lot of people around looking embarrassed, angry, some challenging and getting told to duck off. I know, I have been that person being sworn at in the past. 

Wasn't anywhere near the incident last week but I would have reported it. 

We will weed them out.

Yep , that’s the best way ,it’s bad enough if your grown up but when you get stuck next to these scumbags when you take your kids it’s a nightmare and your right in that’s it’s usually drink fuelled ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

So what he’s been called up for his national team, what good is that for us. All last season and the 3 games this season he’s done nothing in a Rams shirt. He takes up a spot in our front 3 and has scored 1 goal in his time here. They’re the facts so you can scoff at those with the opinion he’s not all that all you want. 

Thing is name me a Derby player outside of CKR that has lived up to their billing in an attacking sense in the past year. If you look at player's returns in term of goals and the performances they were putting in last season compared to what you might expect based on their careers there is a fairly big gap and it's been squad wide.

Singling out any attacking player right now is missing the forest for the trees. Swap someone like Ward or Russell when they were at their peak into last years side and they too would have probably contributed very little. Yes, Jozwiak hasn't lived up to his billing although I'd contend he was playing pretty well early in his time even if not scoring but ultimately I'm not convinced that's down to individual ability especially when he's still getting picked and plays well for a good poland side.

21 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Thing is name me a Derby player outside of CKR that has lived up to their billing in an attacking sense in the past year. If you look at player's returns in term of goals and the performances they were putting in last season compared to what you might expect based on their careers there is a fairly big gap and it's been squad wide.

Singling out any attacking player right now is missing the forest for the trees. Swap someone like Ward or Russell when they were at their peak into last years side and they too would have probably contributed very little. Yes, Jozwiak hasn't lived up to his billing although I'd contend he was playing pretty well early in his time even if not scoring but ultimately I'm not convinced that's down to individual ability especially when he's still getting picked and plays well for a good poland side.

Agree with most of that but this is a thread on Joz that’s why I replied. If there was one on Lawrenc and Waghorn from last season then my opinions would be similar, however they have performed slightly better imo. Joz has yet to turn up in a Rams shirt, I don’t think there is a game where he’d get more that a 6/10. I really hope he comes good and shows us what everyone sees on the YouTube clips because he’s some player according to some. 

Can’t agree  re: Ward and Russel they are light years ahead of Joz for energy, effort and finished product. If they had played last year we wouldn’t of ended up where we did. 

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

The ‘facts’ are that he has more than a dozen full international caps for a country who has played in the recent Euros. At age 23.

Its a ‘fact’ that he is deemed good enough to play alongside the UEFA and FIFA player of the year for 2020

The only ‘fact’ that you have mentioned is the goalscoring record, which is,of course, disappointing.  

Lets give him some patience. He’s a young man who has found himself in difficult circumstances, moving to a foreign country, not knowing a word of the language, which was shortly afterwards effectively locked down by the pandemic. 

Surely we understand that he will only get better with a bit of support and help, and not with criticism and derision ? 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Agree with most of that but this is a thread on Joz that’s why I replied. If there was one on Lawrenc and Waghorn from last season then my opinions would be similar, however they have performed slightly better imo. Joz has yet to turn up in a Rams shirt, I don’t think there is a game where he’d get more that a 6/10. I really hope he comes good and shows us what everyone sees on the YouTube clips because he’s some player according to some. 

Can’t agree  re: Ward and Russel they are light years ahead of Joz for energy, effort and finished product. If they had played last year we wouldn’t of ended up where we did. 

I think you've missed my overall point slightly. Lawrence and Waghorn both hit double figures in 19/20 and their history suggested they should have been capable of doing it again but didn't and you can go through a whole raft of players like that including Jozwiak (who hit 9 the season before albeit in poland). My point is the output of almost the entirety of our attack was subdued and because of that I think is really really hard to judge Jozwiak right now. Especially as he showed some flashes of real ability and like I said before is fairly consistently playing for a good Poland side. 

I'd listen to arguments for either Russell or Ward being better players but saying they are lightyears ahead is a massive exaggeration. Would they have improved the squad last year ? Probably but honestly I don't think it would have been a huge amount as I'm not entirely convinced by the argument the problem last year was down to personnel. More depth and more individual would have helped for sure but we were getting nowhere near what we could have done out of those available. For example I think if you swap Russell into the side last year and put Jozwiak in the 13/14 side then I don't think it materially affects either team. 

Just now, Bianoic said:

The ‘facts’ are that he has more than a dozen full international caps for a country who has played in the recent Euros. At age 23.

Its a ‘fact’ that he is deemed good enough to play alongside the UEFA and FIFA player of the year for 2020

The only ‘fact’ that you have mentioned is the goalscoring record, which is,of course, disappointing.  

Lets give him some patience. He’s a young man who has found himself in difficult circumstances, moving to a foreign country, not knowing a word of the language, which was shortly afterwards effectively locked down by the pandemic. 

Surely we understand that he will only get better with a bit of support and help, and not with criticism and derision ? 

Ok I’ve heard all the excuses a thousand times and how hard he had it and also how amazing he is for Poland (I know you’ve watched all of his international performances so are a good judge of his talent). Anyway lets hope the excuses are all behind him now and he comes good for the Rams. 

28 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I feel more of the problem with jozwiak is he’s homesick tbh and his girlfriend ir wife is still in Poland. 

All the stuff you hear about players missing this and that.. let’s be honest if you wasn’t in the country with you wife/ GF it would make you think more wouldn’t it. 
not defending him but I spent months away in Iraq without mine I’m sure it effected my mental state 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Ok I’ve heard all the excuses a thousand times and how hard he had it and also how amazing he is for Poland (I know you’ve watched all of his international performances so are a good judge of his talent). Anyway lets hope the excuses are all behind him now and he comes good for the Rams. 

Would he still keep getting picked for his country if his performances were not good Texas ? 

2 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

Would he still keep getting picked for his country if his performances were not good Texas ? 

I agree no he wouldn’t, however do Poland have a huge pool of talent? (I don’t know). Also I don’t really give a poo how well he plays for Poland, it’s how well he plays for Derby I care about and I personally don’t think it’s been good enough, yet.