Jozwiak

vonwright

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I have no idea but that’s the kind of scenario me and @Gritstone Ramwere discussing when you joined in.

Trying to make it acceptable when you've no idea. But the person who posted said there had been racist comments.

Edit: I know as much if not more than you know @Gritstone Ram 

Edited by RoyMac5

44 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Polish isn’t a race is it? Surely it would be xenophobic ?

There's relatively indistinct lines between race, ethnicity and nationality. Poles are also an ethnic group, so racism would be the right term if the abuse he received was based on his ethnicity, i.e. the abuse is because he is a Pole, not because or not solely because he is of Polish nationality.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Trying to make it acceptable when you've no idea. But the person who posted said there had been racist comments.

If a section of Derby fans have abused Kamil due to the colour of his skin Youl be find me at the front of the queue demanding they are banned for life. 

But that’s enough for me tonight, as this will just go in circles.

Edited by QuitYourJibbaJivin

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I’m sorry Roy. My point I was trying to make was that comments are made at football matches that aren’t acceptable. Why should one comment made about someone who comes from Poland be worse than a comment to someone from this country? Any derogatory comments should be treated the same if we all want equality.

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m sorry Roy. My point I was trying to make was that comments are made at football matches that aren’t acceptable. Why should one comment made about someone who comes from Poland be worse than a comment to someone from this country? Any derogatory comments should be treated the same if we all want equality.

OK

I see what you are saying, but it's a distinction I find hard to make.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

OK

I see what you are saying, but it's a distinction I find hard to make.

Well it’s like this. Irrespective of what country people come from or the colour of their skin they are treated the same. It really is that simple. It works both ways and I don’t want to feel I can’t speak out about someone who comes from another country etc in fear of being accused of being racist I do however accept that the same language should be used with every player and referring to their country as part of the criticism is out of order.

Seems we're getting a bit technical here, so I checked with the Oxford English reference for a definition. 

racism

QUICK REFERENCE

The inability or refusal to recognize the rights, needs, dignity, or value of people of particular races or geographical origins.

So I'd say it is racism if it's about his nationality. 

21 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Seems we're getting a bit technical here, so I checked with the Oxford English reference for a definition. 

racism

QUICK REFERENCE

The inability or refusal to recognize the rights, needs, dignity, or value of people of particular races or geographical origins.

So I'd say it is racism if it's about his nationality. 

Glad you did that as there's a lot of semantics flying around over the last few pages.

Bottom line is if someone finds a comment insulting, derogatory, offensive to them then that's enough and the line has already been crossed. 

15 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Can’t believe the abuse Kamil is getting! He’s playing in a team full of donkeys! 

He can mix at the top level as he has shown in the international fixtures he has played in! 

Rewatch Peterborough’s first goal yesterday, completely loses track of his man, watches him run past him then makes a pathetic attempt to catch up, giving up a second or so later. Goal goes in and he looks like he couldn’t give a rats **** 

That was nobody’s fault but his own, totally switched off and no excuse for it 

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Rewatch Peterborough’s first goal yesterday, completely loses track of his man, watches him run past him then makes a pathetic attempt to catch up, giving up a second or so later. Goal goes in and he looks like he couldn’t give a rats **** 

Why single him out tho,the whole team are playing like they dont give a rats.

2 hours ago, Derbados said:

What about Byrne falling asleep at the back post as his man strolled past?

Or isn’t Byrne on your scapegoat list?