El DerbyCo

roboto

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

It really would be typical of Derby to be able to find the one person on the planet that could fail the EFL's fit and proper person test.

They will find a reason to fail him, if he proves funds they will probably find out he stole an apple from a market stall when he was 13 and fail him for his past criminal activities.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Calling it now. Alonso is a ******** merchant and Mel has had his pants pulled down. Again. 

In his desperation to sell he has engaged with entirely the wrong sort of people. 

Thank God he appointed the right Manager though, think of the mess we might be in if he had gone for a glamour appointment of a novice...we might have even been in a relegation scrap ?

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Calling it now. Alonso is a ******** merchant and Mel has had his pants pulled down. Again. 

In his desperation to sell he has engaged with entirely the wrong sort of people. 

Just maybe the only people willing to engage are entirely the wrong sort? I'm sure Mel would love to sell to a billionaire local business man who is a lifelong fan, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many takers. If you had a house that you needed to sell desperately but 3 years down the line hadn't found your dream buyer, wouldn't you sell to the first person who offered a sum you were willing to accept?

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Just maybe the only people willing to engage are entirely the wrong sort? I'm sure Mel would love to sell to a billionaire local business man who is a lifelong fan, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many takers. If you had a house that you needed to sell desperately but 3 years down the line hadn't found your dream buyer, wouldn't you sell to the first person who offered a sum you were willing to accept?

There were 3 parties interested at the time the fake sheikh attempt collapsed. Alonso was one, Americans who were waiting to see if we got relegated were the second and the third was rumoured to be a local consortium.

If i was Mel and i'd piddled all my money away then yes i would do the same and sell to the first lunatic that came through the door, but i also wouldnt have let myself or the club get into such a desperate position in the first place. We are where we are, but it doesnt mean we have to be happy about it. If the deals keep falling through because none of these people are fit and proper he is never going to get rid of the club.

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Sounds more bent than a dog's hind leg. 

Wondering whether the EFL is wanting to check who will in fact be in control. Or whether Alonso’s source of funds suggests to them he is not fit and proper. Maybe both. 

Also wonder how long MM has to wait before he himself can pull the plug

Choosing the wrong owner a much bigger error than choosing the wrong manager. Maybe we should be hoping the EFL blocks the sale so he can find a dull local consortium which allows the club to rediscover its mojo

2 hours ago, Anon said:

It really would be typical of Derby to be able to find the one person on the planet that could fail the EFL's fit and proper person test.

Mel seems bent on finding 'interesting' buyers for the club, there's already been a couple of candidates!

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Choosing the wrong owner a much bigger error than choosing the wrong manager. Maybe we should be hoping the EFL blocks the sale so he can find a dull local consortium which allows the club to rediscover its mojo

Yes please. That would be one of the few things Morris would get right in his tenure!

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

There were 3 parties interested at the time the fake sheikh attempt collapsed. Alonso was one, Americans who were waiting to see if we got relegated were the second and the third was rumoured to be a local consortium.

If i was Mel and i'd piddled all my money away then yes i would do the same and sell to the first lunatic that came through the door, but i also wouldnt have let myself or the club get into such a desperate position in the first place. We are where we are, but it doesnt mean we have to be happy about it. If the deals keep falling through because none of these people are fit and proper he is never going to get rid of the club.

As for your first paragraph, yes I believe you're right. The Americans might still be interested if we stay up, and I would imagine that the local consortium weren't offering as much as Alonso.

Your second paragraph, again I agree with you but with a very big "with hindsight". We're up to our necks in the proverbial because Mel tried to chase the dream, and the majority (I know some expressed reservations at the time of many moves) of us were all for it. "Sam Rush gets who he wants" and "we sign who we want" were the most common phrases on here for some time. We all know that Mel and the club follow the forum, so imagine how he would have felt every time he read how brilliant he was. We're (most of us) as much to blame as he is.

Maybe the EFL are just spinning it out on purpose ?‍♂️ we're In a position where Mel wont sack Rooney but also in a total mess.

The longer the mess goes on the more likely we will go down or fail to pay players again etc.

If Alonso took over tomorrow we might sack rooney & co. Put mac in charge and stand a chance In the last two games. If they can't dock us points they might try to derail us any way possible. After all didn't the independent report suggest a vendetta against mr morris 

39 minutes ago, richinspain said:

If you hadn’t sold your house in 3 years perhaps you have on the market at the wrong price.

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

As for your first paragraph, yes I believe you're right. The Americans might still be interested if we stay up, and I would imagine that the local consortium weren't offering as much as Alonso.

Your second paragraph, again I agree with you but with a very big "with hindsight". We're up to our necks in the proverbial because Mel tried to chase the dream, and the majority (I know some expressed reservations at the time of many moves) of us were all for it. "Sam Rush gets who he wants" and "we sign who we want" were the most common phrases on here for some time. We all know that Mel and the club follow the forum, so imagine how he would have felt every time he read how brilliant he was. We're (most of us) as much to blame as he is.

We're no different to any supporters the world over who want (and often expect) their club to invest in talent. However, we're not responsible for the fact there was no talent in the recruitment department of the club. This is hindsight and it is painful but it is also true. We spent more than enough to get us out of the league (thanks) yet spent it dreadfully, how the fans are responsible for that I am not sure?

As for this takeover, if we go down I imagine whatever is signed it won't stand up. Wouldn't be surprised if the next saga for the club is Mel trying to force the buying party to make good on a contractual agreement to buy and suing. 

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Maybe the EFL are just spinning it out on purpose ?‍♂️ we're In a position where Mel wont sack Rooney but also in a total mess.

The longer the mess goes on the more likely we will go down or fail to pay players again etc.

If Alonso took over tomorrow we might sack rooney & co. Put mac in charge and stand a chance In the last two games. If they can't dock us points they might try to derail us any way possible. After all didn't the independent report suggest a vendetta against mr morris 

The tribunal?  They said there was no such evidence.  To me it was childish even to mention, made us look like a sad club

Edited by Spanish

29 minutes ago, Spanish said:

If you hadn’t sold your house in 3 years perhaps you have on the market at the wrong price.

Certainly, but do you think that the reported 60 million is overpriced? Championship clubs lose huge amounts of money, but football club ownership is a gamble that you would have to be willing to take. If it were a normal business Mel would be offering to pay someone to take the club on.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

We all know that Mel and the club follow the forum, so imagine how he would have felt every time he read how brilliant he was. We're (most of us) as much to blame as he is.

You'll be sending a cheque to Mel then will you?!

Mel is the man in charge. If he really craves our admiration over the safety of the club, then what does that say about him? I'm also including his side-kick Stephen Pearce in this. They are custodians of the club and they've run us into the ground and potentially League 1!

28 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

I know the source of this latest story is Alan Nixon, but still. There doesn't seem to be a day that passes where we don't look more and more like the clown car of the EFL

car.jpg

Looks more like our players on their way home last night

21 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Certainly, but do you think that the reported 60 million is overpriced? Championship clubs lose huge amounts of money, but football club ownership is a gamble that you would have to be willing to take. If it were a normal business Mel would be offering to pay someone to take the club on.

only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.