El DerbyCo

roboto

Does anyone know why it takes long for someone to prove they have access to the funds required? 

Is there any sort of confirmed way that it can be done quickly, like a intermediate bank could perhaps receive a transfer of a substantial amount of money to show the cash was there?

Or is it more a case of my mates mate has some company/shares/ office blocks they will sell if you agree the sale, and it will take them 48 hours to go through. Actually another 48 hours. 1 week. 1 month. 1...forget about it.

You would like to think that large dealings like this are professional and well managed, but it seems more like shady deals in the back of a pub, just with potentially vast sums of money.

8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Does anyone know why it takes long for someone to prove they have access to the funds required? 

Is there any sort of confirmed way that it can be done quickly, like a intermediate bank could perhaps receive a transfer of a substantial amount of money to show the cash was there?

Or is it more a case of my mates mate has some company/shares/ office blocks they will sell if you agree the sale, and it will take them 48 hours to go through. Actually another 48 hours. 1 week. 1 month. 1...forget about it.

You would like to think that large dealings like this are professional and well managed, but it seems more like shady deals in the back of a pub, just with potentially vast sums of money.

Perhaps Cam Man is the main man behind the deal ?

32 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Dunno what the EFl does but some organisations look at bank references, ie letters from banks which say: X banks with us and we see he has assets in excess of Y.’ But how does anyone know?  I lived next to an Asian lady who lends money to people applying for nationality. They need to show proof of funds and she lets the money sit in their bank account whilst the application is ongoing and she charges them a load of interest. She calls it ‘see money’. She’s loaded 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Dunno what the EFl does but some organisations look at bank references, ie letters from banks which say: X banks with us and we see he has assets in excess of Y.’ But how does anyone know?  I lived next to an Asian lady who lends money to people applying for nationality. They need to show proof of funds and she lets the money sit in their bank account whilst the application is ongoing and she charges them a load of interest. She calls it ‘see money’. She’s loaded 

Get her introduced to Mel!

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Mmmmm. Sounds like various authorities would be very interested in this “lady”.

I wonder if he’ll pull out now the new super league is in the pipe line. If he buys Derby his route to the most lucrative league is blocked as his opportunity to rake in PremierLeague money will be reduced as all the money Sky paid the prem would go to this new league.

The millions of football watchers who’ve never been to the country never mind watch a match will pay to watch the new league not the premier league.

The premier league will become the new championship with significantly reduced prize money. Not an attractive option anymore.

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I’ve done a couple of these on a ‘show and tell’ basis but it really should be mel’s job to establish the bona fideo.  EFL should be looking at the background to the controllers and dig up the dirt.  I say that but who knows what goes on in the EFL

it is fairly easy for the custodian of the wealth to provide a supporting statement of assets.  It will also be possible to get such a statement from the controllers accountant presuming that person is properly regulated.  Having received that Mel should be asking about the liquidity and whether it is encumbered.

if you think about it, any person providing a wealthy man with financial services will be desperate to show he is supportive as possible.  If the disclosed new owners have funds it should take no more than 48 hours

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Surely the company just takes one pound out of your account to prove it is real and that you have funds.

At least that is what happens to me!!!!!

We have done this deal the opposite way round to the Sheikh. Mel has seen everything he wants and needs to sell the club before going to the EFL, I also believe Alonso has paid a deposit too.

Not its down to the EFL checks which arent simply about just proof of funds. The EFL have someone new in Birch leading these checks so I expect they will be thoroughly carried out. When Wigan got to this stage the final EFL checks took a few weeks I believe. This doesnt mean anything dodgy is going in terms of the potential buyer just that the rights checks are being made. Wigans deal eventually went through.

Id rather weeks of thorough checks than just needing proof of funds and authorising the sale within 48 hours.

26 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We have done this deal the opposite way round to the Sheikh. Mel has seen everything he wants and needs to sell the club before going to the EFL, I also believe Alonso has paid a deposit too.

Not its down to the EFL checks which arent simply about just proof of funds. The EFL have someone new in Birch leading these checks so I expect they will be thoroughly carried out. When Wigan got to this stage the final EFL checks took a few weeks I believe. This doesnt mean anything dodgy is going in terms of the potential buyer just that the rights checks are being made. Wigans deal eventually went through.

Id rather weeks of thorough checks than just needing proof of funds and authorising the sale within 48 hours.

Plus it will then need to go to the relevant board / committee which will have set meeting dates and, more than likely, set agendas for each one.  We just have to wait for the meeting where they discuss takeovers, ownership, etc.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

26 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Plus it will then need to go to the relevant board / committee which will have set meeting dates and, more than likely, set agendas for each one.  We just have to wait for the meeting where they discuss takeovers, ownership, etc.

if anybody is bored enough here is the guidelines for assessment, I noticed the following;

(d) any person(s) to acquire Control (as defined in Regulation 1) of the Club until such time as the information relating to source and sufficiency of funding has been provided and approved by The League. 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners-and-directors-test/

Surely it's best to wait till next season.

If buying anything connected with "Derby" you need to know:-

Is it The team that won the League twice in the seventies?

A thoroughbred winner of the Epsom Derby

Or a runner in the Donkey Derby at Southend?

In other words is it a team newly relegated to League One

or a Championship team by the skin of its teeth?

Either way the investment can hardly be called gilt-edged can it?