El DerbyCo

roboto

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Other than Florist trolls, I don't think any true Rams fan that contributes to this forum wants the team to fail. If I am included in your doom monger classification I would counter that I am pragmatic and a realist. I hate the term but the so called 'happy clappers' on here who keep posting along the lines '100% not going down', 'we will be safe with 3 games to play', 'we will win our easy games away at Blackburn and Preston' are just not seeing it as it is......burying their head in the sand......just take a look at the table and the fact we have won one game in eleven.....I take no enjoyment out of that whatsoever. I have followed the Rams since I was four living down in Cornwall, no links to Derby. Travelled home and away in the 80's, had Rams weekenders with my son staying over after away games when he was a lad and now travel 120 mile round trips to home games and invested a lot of time and money in the process. I think that gives me the right to express my views and say what I think, including the grave concerns I have at the moment. The last thing I want is for the Rams to do badly and any fan that says that to me can go forth and multiply..........

Very well put. I've only commented on the "it's not in our own hands" comments. Up until now I've been nervously optimistic. Today I'm just nervous. It's no longer in our hands, but it's not all over. There are still twists to come in what's left of the season. We do however need to pick points up and I can't see at this moment where from.

26 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I've found very little to be right about.. 

I badly wanted Cocu with his sophisticated, international pedigree to be a huge success. Wrong. Then we tried to hang on with him too long. Wrong. Thought even so his style of football would be something worth waiting for. Wrong.

Believed no way CKR was a decent striker. Wrong, he led the line valiantly at times. Thought how can Rooney fail as a player with his winning attitude. Wrong. Hated the idea of him as manager, going to be a disaster. Wrong, went on a great run. Thought he was pretty personality-less, wrong. He started to come across well in interviews and after being so anti his appointment I had to say he deserved a chance. 

Mel finally manages to secure investment that I couldn't believe was a total hoax, there seemed no way he could be conned to give a say in decisions to a group of chancers - trick me once shame on you, errr trick me 3 or 4 times then shame ain't the word! 

Rooney then oversees a group of games so terribly dull and insipid that I can't recall ever being so bored by a Derby team. Results go off a cliff. CKR is every bit the 'couldn't hit a barn door' journeyman I thought he would be. 

I'm struggling to get any pleasure from Derby full stop. Terribly frustrating and like a nightmare you can't wake up from.  Relegation may be the reset we need but I fail to see how playing Fleetwood etc is going to get us in the Premier League.

Limping over the finish line, fourth bottom and giving Rooney the job feels equally depressing too...but I've been wrong before!!! 

Thank God there’s no trains on the Wirksworth line today... 

24 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Other than Florist trolls, I don't think any true Rams fan that contributes to this forum wants the team to fail. If I am included in your doom monger classification I would counter that I am pragmatic and a realist. I hate the term but the so called 'happy clappers' on here who keep posting along the lines '100% not going down', 'we will be safe with 3 games to play', 'we will win our easy games away at Blackburn and Preston' are just not seeing it as it is......burying their head in the sand......just take a look at the table and the fact we have won one game in eleven.....I take no enjoyment out of that whatsoever. I have followed the Rams since I was four living down in Cornwall, no links to Derby. Travelled home and away in the 80's, had Rams weekenders with my son staying over after away games when he was a lad and now travel 120 mile round trips to home games and invested a lot of time and money in the process. I think that gives me the right to express my views and say what I think, including the grave concerns I have at the moment. The last thing I want is for the Rams to do badly and any fan that says that to me can go forth and multiply..........

No you're not included. Realism is exactly what's needed in our current predicamentt, neither extreme view (non-stop moaners or happy clappers) helps.....

I was following the Rams round the country the last time we were in the third tier  so I've been through the bad times (however enjoyable the actual days out were) but there are a significant number on this board (and amongst the wider group of supporters) who seem far happier when things go wrong and their views are proven right than when things go well for the club. I would question whether they consider themselves 'true Rams fans' - because if they do, they're doing it wrong.....

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Jimbo, I am butting in here as it was my fairly light-hearted comment that brought about @Gaspode's response.

I don't think we are getting at the reasoned posters - for or against any particular aspect of the current situation at the club. 

I expect we share some if not all of these concerns. 

It's more about those posters who repetitively make statements about the same thing without any context, any new information adding anything to the debate, or solely with the aim of bringing their viewpoint to the fore again and again and again or to have a dig at certain individuals, be that players, owners or other posters.

I am certain sure that those posters are well aware of what they are doing. I could name names, but that would give them a satisfaction they don't really deserve, imo. 

People who proclaim we won't get relegated irritate me equally with those who say we are already down, but I have no problem with people saying they think we will go down, or stay up.

(I personally can't ever recall taking exception to any of your posts so wouldn't include you in any such category but it's interesting you think that might be how others see you. Although I don't think how long you've been a fan or how much you've put yourself out to follow the club has any relevance to this debate either.)

50 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I've found very little to be right about.. 

I badly wanted Cocu with his sophisticated, international pedigree to be a huge success. Wrong. Then we tried to hang on with him too long. Wrong. Thought even so his style of football would be something worth waiting for. Wrong.

Believed no way CKR was a decent striker. Wrong, he led the line valiantly at times. Thought how can Rooney fail as a player with his winning attitude. Wrong. Hated the idea of him as manager, going to be a disaster. Wrong, went on a great run. Thought he was pretty personality-less, wrong. He started to come across well in interviews and after being so anti his appointment I had to say he deserved a chance. 

Mel finally manages to secure investment that I couldn't believe was a total hoax, there seemed no way he could be conned to give a say in decisions to a group of chancers - trick me once shame on you, errr trick me 3 or 4 times then shame ain't the word! 

Rooney then oversees a group of games so terribly dull and insipid that I can't recall ever being so bored by a Derby team. Results go off a cliff. CKR is every bit the 'couldn't hit a barn door' journeyman I thought he would be. 

I'm struggling to get any pleasure from Derby full stop. Terribly frustrating and like a nightmare you can't wake up from.  Relegation may be the reset we need but I fail to see how playing Fleetwood etc is going to get us in the Premier League.

Limping over the finish line, fourth bottom and giving Rooney the job feels equally depressing too...but I've been wrong before!!! 

It's the hope that kills you mate! ? I think that every season the relegation battles mostly last until the final game and have some twists and turns. So I think we will pick up more points and that other teams will battle it out with Rotherham who have a massive task to catch up. #COYR

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

I don’t think people need to be worried because can anyone actually see this happening?

Then we would have a situation that could be almost as worrying if that were the case.

It’s quite clear Morris is absolutely desperate to sell. The Club isn’t realistically going to progress in any significant way unless the Club is sold to the right person. We were told the Sheikh talks started around March last year. Alonso has reportedly been interested even before that. That’s well over a year so far, and we still have the same ownership and the same problems.

Two publicly failed takeover bids tells the world how desperate Morris is to get rid, and will sell to whoever can say they have the right funds. How much longer will we go on before we find someone who is genuinely interested with the financial means to support it? And what of the lost time we’ve experienced due to being involved in closing stages with parties who were never going to own the Club?

9 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Still waiting on the EFL isn't it?

If/when that hurdle is cleared we'll find out if it's real or just a pile of steaming Gibson.

Until then, better just grumble on and believe in south yorkshire's appitite for relegation.

Thought the sale had happened, subject only to the EFL....  Because MM learned his lesson after giving the sheikh an out 

You wouldn't expect a problem with the EFL, except everyone’s been on about the mystery man in the background. So the EFL will probably ruminate over that for a while, wondering whether they are approving the right controller. 

ultimately I think all the EFL can do about that is ask Erik to confirm that he intends to remain the controller, and that if that changes he will tell them so, and ensure any other controller applies for an approval. 

not exactly the sale we dreamed of 

45 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Then we would have a situation that could be almost as worrying if that were the case.

It’s quite clear Morris is absolutely desperate to sell. The Club isn’t realistically going to progress in any significant way unless the Club is sold to the right person. We were told the Sheikh talks started around March last year. Alonso has reportedly been interested even before that. That’s well over a year so far, and we still have the same ownership and the same problems.

Two publicly failed takeover bids tells the world how desperate Morris is to get rid, and will sell to whoever can say they have the right funds. How much longer will we go on before we find someone who is genuinely interested with the financial means to support it? And what of the lost time we’ve experienced due to being involved in closing stages with parties who were never going to own the Club?

Yep it’s concerning which ever way you look at it! I just don’t think this will pass because I really don’t think he’s got the money to go ahead with it the same as the fake sheikh 

On 17/04/2021 at 09:38, RoyMac5 said:

It's the hope that kills you mate! ? I think that every season the relegation battles mostly last until the final game and have some twists and turns. So I think we will pick up more points and that other teams will battle it out with Rotherham who have a massive task to catch up. #COYR

Rotherham need 4 points from their two extra games to catch us and have a better goal difference. Mathematically it is in Rovrum hands.