Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

Being famous meaning you can suddenly claim expert knowledge and get smoke blown up your backside for things you know nothing about. 

Meghan writing a children's book (Sarah Ferguson did the same)...so she is now claiming to be an author. Likewise, any fat celebrity who has lost weight (using a personal trainer and chef) who then sets themselves as some fitness expert with videos and diet plans. 

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Being famous meaning you can suddenly claim expert knowledge and get smoke blown up your backside for things you know nothing about. 

Meghan writing a children's book (Sarah Ferguson did the same)...so she is now claiming to be an author. Likewise, any fat celebrity who has lost weight (using a personal trainer and chef) who then sets themselves as some fitness expert with videos and diet plans. 

Being a celeb gives you special status no doubt.

Might sound harsh but when a celebrity suffers a loss of a loved one, a big thing is made of it, often followed up by selling their story. Of course i dont intend to belittle their loss but we all go through personal tragedies and loss of loved ones, often with barely a couple of days off work to get over it.

Its almost like being a celebrity means their loss is greater than the rest of us.

10 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

The big deal made about the start of the asparagus season by foodies. It is just a rather ordinary tasting bean that seems much more inefficient to grow than a normal bean for which you get loads off a single bush not a single stick.

If it just looked like a normal bean but grew as a stick it would be ignored.

New season my arse.

They’ve had tinned asparagus in Morrison’s all year.

44 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

…. and courgettes.

The video explains, and for the record the tweet he refers to came from our very own @ariotofmyown

My tweet was not 100% truthful. I was actually brunching with @Angry Ram at the time, but by the time my poll had been completed, he had already left. (Stormed out actually because they had sold out of artisan mushy peas.)

Lee's joke has not aged well though. He needs to change the "gastro pub in North London tweet" to a letter written in a traditional town centre pub in the Chilterns!

Or perhaps "graffiti daubed on a wall in a strongly unionist part of Belfast".

Edited by ariotofmyown

• 4 months later...

Having TV and soundbars fixed up against any walls joined to neighbour should be banned. Inconsiderate pillocks having music on until 5am on a school night. It's beyond pathetic. Tried telling them politely to turn it down at unsocial hours. Nah baalocks to that.

And now I'm a person who moans about it on a forum. Maybe I'm getting old, it's keeping me awake at night and I enjoy sleep before a 13 hour shift.

12 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Having TV and soundbars fixed up against any walls joined to neighbour should be banned. Inconsiderate pillocks having music on until 5am on a school night. It's beyond pathetic. Tried telling them politely to turn it down at unsocial hours. Nah baalocks to that.

And now I'm a person who moans about it on a forum. Maybe I'm getting old, it's keeping me awake at night and I enjoy sleep before a 13 hour shift.

Log their 'activity', record the noise experienced in your place and send the files to the council. You shouldn't have to put up with that nonsense. 

59 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Log their 'activity', record the noise experienced in your place and send the files to the council. You shouldn't have to put up with that nonsense. 

I had a similar experience in the first house I bought, the neighbours were both hairdressers and would watch Grease every Tuesday night at volume 11 and sing along with it until the early hours.... I tried everything I could to get them to stop... then one Saturday night they invited me over for a beer I think to kind of apologise....I went to the bathroom and peed in their shampoo that they used for their customers.

It didnt make the constant Grease sing along go away but it did make me laugh every time I was up listening to them..

27 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I had a similar experience in the first house I bought, the neighbours were both hairdressers and would watch Grease every Tuesday night at volume 11 and sing along with it until the early hours.... I tried everything I could to get them to stop... then one Saturday night they invited me over for a beer I think to kind of apologise....I went to the bathroom and peed in their shampoo that they used for their customers.

It didnt make the constant Grease sing along go away but it did make me laugh every time I was up listening to them..

Shampee?

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I can't believe you'd be so irresponsible!
Have you any idea how much that salon shampoo costs?

No?
I'll tell you... 1 Pantene a bottle, that's how much!   

• 4 weeks later...