Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

On 07/03/2021 at 18:35, Mostyn6 said:

Quite pleased I’ve never ever seen one of those before, let alone eaten one! In fact, I think I’ve only ever heard them mentioned in Mafia related tv/film. 

"Leave the gun, bring the canoli" - Clemenza. What a line!

Also, Connie poisons that bloke in G-III with a cannoli, iirc?

I bought one once just because of that line, it was horrible. Curds, chocolate and pastry - whoever thought that was a good idea should be sleeping with the fishes.

Edited by BaaLocks

On 07/03/2021 at 18:35, Mostyn6 said:

Quite pleased I’ve never ever seen one of those before, let alone eaten one! In fact, I think I’ve only ever heard them mentioned in Mafia related tv/film. 

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

"Leave the gun, bring the canoli" - Clemenza. What a line!

Also, Connie poisons that bloke in G-III with a cannoli, iirc?

I bought one once just because of that line, it was horrible. Curds, chocolate and pastry - whoever thought that was a good idea should be sleeping with the fishes.

Must admit, never heard of them until I saw them on Bake Off a few years back.  I made it a mission to find one, and lo, a few months later, on the way back home through France, I found one on the menu at a restaurant in Chinon (Obviously an Italian rest.!)...

It was nice, but not up to my (very) high expectations.  Not as much wow factor as I'd hoped...  Ah well...

ACtC-3f57VEEntrI7trY54wV__lONWy2uG2cFkRe

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Must admit, never heard of them until I saw them on Bake Off a few years back.  I made it a mission to find one, and lo, a few months later, on the way back home through France, I found one on the menu at a restaurant in Chinon (Obviously an Italian rest.!)...

It was nice, but not up to my (very) high expectations.  Not as much wow factor as I'd hoped...  Ah well...

That looks like something you would see on the pavement down Curzon Street at 4am on a Sunday morning.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People who think speed limits are targets and not a maximum speed limit.
People who tailgate and flash as you're over taking someone.
People who drive slowly but then speed up as you're overtaking them.

People who rush to pull out of a junction in front of you and then crawl half the speed limit down country lanes. 

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Italian Gelato cafe in Leicester sells them. 

You are correct, very very underwhelming. There's not enough flavour in the cream and chocolate to overpower the pastry. 

15 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People who think speed limits are targets and not a maximum speed limit.
People who tailgate and flash as you're over taking someone.
People who drive slowly but then speed up as you're overtaking them.

Problem is that most constabularies treat speed limits in the same manner though - the "tolerances" for receiving fines dependant on the local force are  usually 10% plus 1 or 2 mph.

You didn't mention motorway middle lane hoggers either, allegedly the police were having a crack down on these a few years ago to very little if any effect. 

Brake checking someone has been en vogue for a number of years now which is just as dangerous and annoying. Especially if the person has cut you up, you sound your horn to express your displeasure then they then brake check you to further confirm what an atrociously mannered motorist they are. 

On 06/03/2021 at 02:17, Mucker1884 said:

I'm sorry.  I really shouldn't say this.  But I have to agree.  She really is!

That is soooooooooooo bloody annoying!  ? 

I remember when i discovered that as I was making sandwiches before we went hiking one morning, I was probably about 30 and just stood there looking at the bread and butter thinking, this is going to change our lives.....i showed my wife, she just shrugged and walked off... I buried her that afternoon under the patio.. (i didnt by the way)

• 4 weeks later...

People blowing on their fork/spoon/whatever of food before shoving it it into their gobs.

it shouldn't annoy me because, I guess, there must be some sort of logic in blowing the steam away a bit.

It annoys me because a) my dad used to do it and he was an irritating bar steward, b) if your food's too hot just bloody wait a bit before eating it, and c) even if it has an effect it'll be a very minor one (you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise) and certainly not enough of a pay-off for you to do something so ducking irritating, so often.

Nails down a chalkboard level stuff.

I like BVM but... arrrgh just bloody stop it!

Edited by Coconut

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

People blowing on their fork/spoon/whatever of food before shoving it it into their gobs.

it shouldn't annoy me because, I guess, there must be some sort of logic in blowing the steam away a bit.

It annoys me because a) my dad used to do it and he was an irritating bar steward, b) if your food's too hot just bloody wait a bit before eating it, and c) even if it has an effect it'll be a very minor one (you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise) and certainly not enough of a pay-off for you to do something so ducking irritating, so often.

Nails down a chalkboard level stuff.

I like BVM but... arrrgh just bloody stop it!

You could have written a racist and homophobic diatribe and I'd still commend you for bringing the mighty Blue Van Man onto this forum.

You get less tolerant as you get older. Never been concerned about driving, if someone wants to get past then fine, let em go, I don't have to drive to work so its easy for me to give way when I'm only going somewhere for leisure, shopping, visiting family etc.

However, those that come up very quickly and very close behind me can absolutely duck off, I will slow down and hog the lane until they back off........their choice, ignorant bankers.

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

You get less tolerant as you get older. Never been concerned about driving, if someone wants to get past then fine, let em go, I don't have to drive to work so its easy for me to give way when I'm only going somewhere for leisure, shopping, visiting family etc.

However, those that come up very quickly and very close behind me can absolutely duck off, I will slow down and hog the lane until they back off........their choice, ignorant bankers.

Ummm. 

so you now live in a biscuit factory?

cool. 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

i get the irritation about a driver coming up fast behind to push you into the other lane, but hogging the lane affects everyone in line behind him and really i can't condone it.  i move into the other lane when this happens to let em pass, but then go back into the lane and follow the pushy one, who almost always goes back into the slower lane and i of course follow.  Can almost hear them cursing.  Mrs ramit scolds me for doing it and i suppose i should stop it, it's just such fun.

1 hour ago, David said:

Forum members texting me at 6.30am 

I had a non-urgent work text from our accountant (He's WFH now) at 22:25 the other night.

I was just going to bed when I saw it, and my phone goes on "Do Not Disturb" at 22:15, so it didn't actually make a sound, but the principle of it "annoyed me when it shouldn't"!

... to the point that I responded when I got up next morning, at 05:10.

I've no idea whether he uses "Do Not Disturb", but I do know he doesn't usually get up until gone 8am!

Not sure any of us should moan about such disturbances though, what with "Do Not Disturb" and other similar options?  

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I had a non-urgent work text from our accountant (He's WFH now) at 22:25 the other night.

I was just going to bed when I saw it, and my phone goes on "Do Not Disturb" at 22:15, so it didn't actually make a sound, but the principle of it "annoyed me when it shouldn't"!

... to the point that I responded when I got up next morning, at 05:10.

I've no idea whether he uses "Do Not Disturb", but I do know he doesn't usually get up until gone 8am!

Not sure any of us should moan about such disturbances though, what with "Do Not Disturb" and other similar options?  

Never have that on incase another hacker has figured @Boycie password out again is abc123.