Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

3 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Without wishing to steal Larry David's thunder, or maybe it was Jerry Seinfeld's... anyway.. getting "Happy New Year'd" when it's no longer a new year.

If I don't see you on New Year's Day you lose the right to wish me happy new year.

It was indeed Larry who was also recently appalled having had a male hugger ‘touch penises’ with him.

’Every man knows you make a gap!’

Very much on topic...

The word "Imminently":

"We are delighted with the recovery your 90 year old father in law has made in the past week, his (medical) treatment is a total success, and is now complete.  We now just need to arrange rehab to get him back on his feet, which should hopefully also see him toileting and showering himself again, and also to get him back on solids (food) as soon as possible.  This will almost certainly only be required temporarily, and will all be in place imminently, and you'll hopefully have him home within a couple of weeks or so"

Derby Royal Hospital care worker.  Thursday 23/12/2021.  (Two weeks, tomorrow).

... since when, he has sat totally bored, and nigh-on unattended to, far too polite and considerate to ask for anything ("I don't like to put them out"!), eating "Stage 2 semi-fluid" food (aka "slops"), remaining on the ward until last Sunday evening  (10 days since the above "announcement"), and the last 3 nights in the Discharge unit, awaiting a placement at an alternative Community Hospital and/or Residential care home ("Temporarily").  (We are advised that should it be the latter, he will have to isolate for 14 days, with literally no family visitors, as he will be arriving from a "High risk environment"!)  We are also advised that once he does move, only then will he be put on a waiting list for the re-hab guys... they're rather busy and short staffed, by all accounts!

There have been obvious and clear signs of depression setting in, particularly since Sunday, on a man who has lost no marbles, I hasten to add, and is fully aware of the updates as they arise... Christmas innit... holidays... New Year innit... no suitable beds anywhere... covid innit... no, can't go home, as you need re-hab, and we don't have the staff to do that at home... staff shortages... still no beds... nobody available to assess the possibility of allowing lumps in your food... Mince & peas?  Ooh no, not until someone says it's safe... Ooh no, you're not allowed to walk without a member of staff being with you, even with that zimmer we've lent you... Give us a shout if you need the toilet... No, No, just the one nominated visitor, and only for one hour a day... not a prayer of getting you in a community hospital... we're still looking at getting you in a residential care home though, which is nice... no, you're not ill any more, just weak, too fragile to toilet yourself, and struggling to swallow, so it's just short term rehab you need, not a hospital... still no beds available... Care Homes full, innit... Nope, you're not ready for home just yet...

What's that?  He's on his back?  On the floor?  Next to his chair?  I know, let's re-assess him, and see if we can get him home, and get the re-hab guys to go to him!  

Imminent my arse!   
...Or in this case, as of this morning... my F-I-L's bruised arse... and back... and arms... nowt broken though, so all good really, innit!   

*Much more of this, and I might just drag him out, tek 'im om (Ilson, innit!) to his own chair, in front of his own telly... and do the arse wiping mesen!   Might even tret im to some mince & peas!   

Poor owdbastard!

?

Edited by Mucker1884

On 05/01/2022 at 13:58, Mucker1884 said:

Very much on topic...

The word "Imminently":

"We are delighted with the recovery your 90 year old father in law has made in the past week, his (medical) treatment is a total success, and is now complete.  We now just need to arrange rehab to get him back on his feet, which should hopefully also see him toileting and showering himself again, and also to get him back on solids (food) as soon as possible.  This will almost certainly only be required temporarily, and will all be in place imminently, and you'll hopefully have him home within a couple of weeks or so"

Derby Royal Hospital care worker.  Thursday 23/12/2021.  (Two weeks, tomorrow).

... since when, he has sat totally bored, and nigh-on unattended to, far too polite and considerate to ask for anything ("I don't like to put them out"!), eating "Stage 2 semi-fluid" food (aka "slops"), remaining on the ward until last Sunday evening  (10 days since the above "announcement"), and the last 3 nights in the Discharge unit, awaiting a placement at an alternative Community Hospital and/or Residential care home ("Temporarily").  (We are advised that should it be the latter, he will have to isolate for 14 days, with literally no family visitors, as he will be arriving from a "High risk environment"!)  We are also advised that once he does move, only then will he be put on a waiting list for the re-hab guys... they're rather busy and short staffed, by all accounts!

There have been obvious and clear signs of depression setting in, particularly since Sunday, on a man who has lost no marbles, I hasten to add, and is fully aware of the updates as they arise... Christmas innit... holidays... New Year innit... no suitable beds anywhere... covid innit... no, can't go home, as you need re-hab, and we don't have the staff to do that at home... staff shortages... still no beds... nobody available to assess the possibility of allowing lumps in your food... Mince & peas?  Ooh no, not until someone says it's safe... Ooh no, you're not allowed to walk without a member of staff being with you, even with that zimmer we've lent you... Give us a shout if you need the toilet... No, No, just the one nominated visitor, and only for one hour a day... not a prayer of getting you in a community hospital... we're still looking at getting you in a residential care home though, which is nice... no, you're not ill any more, just weak, too fragile to toilet yourself, and struggling to swallow, so it's just short term rehab you need, not a hospital... still no beds available... Care Homes full, innit... Nope, you're not ready for home just yet...

What's that?  He's on his back?  On the floor?  Next to his chair?  I know, let's re-assess him, and see if we can get him home, and get the re-hab guys to go to him!  

Imminent my arse!   
...Or in this case, as of this morning... my F-I-L's bruised arse... and back... and arms... nowt broken though, so all good really, innit!   

*Much more of this, and I might just drag him out, tek 'im om (Ilson, innit!) to his own chair, in front of his own telly... and do the arse wiping mesen!   Might even tret im to some mince & peas!   

Poor owdbastard!

?

Hope he gets home very soon, @Mucker1884 and that he regains his independence and can once more enjoy the comfort and familiarity of his own home. How frustrating it must be for you all. Makes me very sad to read this as it just confirms a breakdown in the system. Hope it is sorted soon before it gets any worse. It annoys you and with good reason! 

12 hours ago, Miggins said:

Hope he gets home very soon, @Mucker1884 and that he regains his independence and can once more enjoy the comfort and familiarity of his own home. How frustrating it must be for you all. Makes me very sad to read this as it just confirms a breakdown in the system. Hope it is sorted soon before it gets any worse. It annoys you and with good reason! 

Thank you.

Since my last rant on here, we have all perked up a bit, thankfully!  ?

After Wednesday's fall, they felt the need to re-assess him, and after Muckerette spent numerous hours on the phone, they have now miraculously managed to find some available home care, and allowed us to take him home, with an immediate care plan in place.  All at breakneck speed, with decisions made on that same day, and we collected him as soon as he was ready, early Thursday afternoon, in the snow!  Perfect for his late Christmas celebrations!  ?

36 hours on, initial signs are fair to middlin' and hopes are raising by the hour.  It's been a frustrating few weeks over Christmas and New Year, but that's all in the past, and we all have something to look forward to again... most importantly, that includes the Father in law!  

Fingers crossed!  

#smilingagain.

?
xxx 

40 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Midget gems now to be called mini gems. It shouldn’t but it really annoys me 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59981811

It's one of those ones that utterly baffles me.

The whole point from the "woke" side of things is basically "everyone be treated with respect and not discriminated against" which isn't a particularly objectionable goal. "Woke" is just the new incarnation of "it's political correctness gone mad"

It just seems to manifest itself in all sorts of stupid ways. I don't think anyone has ever thought of midget gems as anything other than sweeties that are small? Have they?

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's one of those ones that utterly baffles me.

The whole point from the "woke" side of things is basically "everyone be treated with respect and not discriminated against" which isn't a particularly objectionable goal. "Woke" is just the new incarnation of "it's political correctness gone mad"

It just seems to manifest itself in all sorts of stupid ways. I don't think anyone has ever thought of midget gems as anything other than sweeties that are small? Have they?

I doubt they have, and also i bet someone who is less than average height has never thought “grrrrr I can’t believe they call them midget gems that really upsets me”. Bonkers 

Vegan food. I'm not very picky and like veg, so I don't tend to pay much attention to what I'm buying or eating. Lately, however, I will quite often wonder why my food is either bland or outright unpleasant only to find that I have accidentally purchased a vegan product. This foul excrement is everywhere lately. I can only assume that companies believe they can get away without trying as most people are eating it only because it's de rigueur and the true believers treat their veganism like some form of penitence anyway, so must feel they deserve to suffer through shoddy meals.

I don't care how bad nice food is for the planet. I'd rather we go extinct than eat this ducking slop.