Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

They show it but don’t force-feed it. I can’t remember seeing excessive ads and chat about Rugby etc during coverage. 

Sounds like you are watching too much TV, time to dust off that VHS copy of the 1966 world cup final for you i think ?

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Them coloured lights people have at the back of their TV. Makes the room look like an establishment our Wayne would visit on his evenings off.

They actually can relieve strain on the eyes and give an easier looking picture on the TV. That's the intended purpose though of course I'm sure many don't do that these days.

On 16/05/2021 at 11:14, Pearl Ram said:

Radio 1 used to play The Kinks single Apeman regularly when it was in the charts unaware of the line/lyric “The air pollution is a (f) duckin’ up my eyes”. Yet made them change a lyric in Lola from Coca Cola to Cherry Cola to avoid advertising. ?‍♂️

Dave Davies had to fly back from an American tour, re-record the vocal, then fly back a few hours later to clear it for Radio 1.

On 16/05/2021 at 12:26, Mostyn6 said:

The sports channels force feeding me women’s football. I am not interested. End of....

now stop. 

I get lambasted for it every time but I don't like the way the BBC think because they put the teams in Chelsea and Barcelona shirts and call it the Champions League final it's going to be a very close shadow of the men's event. Women's football, objectively, is not even the same level as non-league. No problem, the reasons are clear (and I don't mean anything to do with gender, it's quite simply that women have not had the background, training, exposure, support or infrastructure to develop the game as much). But it's just silly to put them in a Man City shirt and expect it to get prime billing on the BBC - does the U23 final get that? how about the U18? No, so position it as it is - niche, relevant and of interest to those who follow women's football.

And, before you all pile on, my gripe is not one percent of one percent with women's football but with the media.

13 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Simple things like changing a bog seat.. WTF, do you need a degree in engineering and also be a contortionist..

Dear oh dear.

Please don't tell me you are still using ye olde bottom fix toilet seats down south?  Just how far behind us are you?  Jeez!

Edited by Mucker1884

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Dear oh dear.

Please don't tell me you are still using ye olde bottom fix toilet seats down south?  Just how far behind us are you?  Jeez!

Fella, as pointed out before, this is manual work and northern folk do that for us. Picking up a screw driver.  Ewwwww. 
Can you get back to building our aeroplanes please.