Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

On 23/05/2021 at 21:01, Rev said:

The fookin weather.

One week to go of May and it's chuffing freezing, wet and bloody miserable.

Yet they want us to stay put this year, not very likely. 

Sharp improvement from Wednesday buddy. Up to 23C on the weekend so not long now.

On 16/05/2021 at 12:26, Mostyn6 said:

The sports channels force feeding me women’s football. I am not interested. End of....

now stop. 

More of an issue is it constantly grabs my attention, its click bait of the worst kind .. 'Next, a big new signing at Arsenal from a rival team..'.. 

Then I realise its women's football and I have no idea who any of them are.

The phrase - 'You got this'. 

Or to a lesser level 'We got this'. 

'You got this' has crept into being as this horrible, shallow phrase that gets trotted out by people who think they are giving moral support and mental health advice of the highest order. Really makes my blood boil now. 

Buying online.  It never seems to work for me, i get all kinds of weird errors and yeah i know it's because i am doing it wrong in some way but then i get annoyed and try some more and then soon shout duck it and exit the page.  It's embarrassing, i am an intelligent well read human, but apparently a total technophobe and technical idiot.

Luckily i have a technically well versed 17 year old who finished my order of the complete collection of a favorite show in a minute flat, but he did give me a funny look.  i can live with that.

Derby city council, traffic management. Do any of those people actually drive a car or even been in a car?

latest example bottom of uttoxeter new road going into town. They have turned a busy spot into a nightmare. For some reason, no idea why, the roundabout had 3 lanes and they have closed the middle lane and guess what at rush hour it is stacking up on uttoxeter road, who would have thought?

add to this the budget "overrun" on the A52, the kingsway traffic lights that have been turned off for 5 years after creating another huge bottleneck and you get the picture. We live in a zone where residents parking is restricted, they stopped permits and it is all online, all good so far. However, i dont think they told the wardens though, we are getting tickects even though we have got a permit. They are useless, waste of ime and money. Rant over.

The trend of independent bakeries, cafes, pop-up cake stalls and whoever lazily piggybacking the success of famous, mainstream brands to sell their products at a higher price than they're worth.

What's the point in having your own brand when everything you sell carries the names of another brand, one you can buy at any food shop in the country? What differentiates your product from anyone else's when the main ingredient and all you really taste is a mass produced chocolate bar chopped up and stuck on top of a basic £1 bakery item?

Why should I buy a basic doughnut from you for £3 just because you've melted a Snickers on the top of it and squirted some whipped cream on it? If they were making their own versions of the branded items then fair play, but they're not.

Absolutely no imagination, no unique identity, just passing the cost of your licensing fees onto the customer and for what? An Oreo Doughnut? Yeah, great.

Frauds.

Edited by Coconut

On 29/05/2021 at 06:28, Chester40 said:

More of an issue is it constantly grabs my attention, its click bait of the worst kind .. 'Next, a big new signing at Arsenal from a rival team..'.. 

Then I realise its women's football and I have no idea who any of them are.

Wouldn’t be click bait for me. I wouldn’t really have any interest in who Arsenal were signing either.