Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

"Description:

Start Christmas off with a bang. With charming green and red foliage designs, these crackers make an elegant addition to your table. There are 6 in every box, with an assortment of luxury goodies inside.

Warnings:

• DO NOT PULL SNAP OUTSIDE PARTY CRACKER.
• PULL CRACKER AWAY FROM FACE.
• Do not pull near eyes or ears
• Pull both ends at arm’s length firmly and sharply away from face, food,breakable objects, other?people?and pets
• Do not remove snap
• Adult supervision required. Not suitable for children under 3 years due to small parts which could represent a choking hazard.
• Contents may include items with functional sharp points or edges which may cause injury if misused
• The cookie cutter and honey dipper are designed for use with food
• Before using for the first time, hand wash in warm soapy water.Hand wash only and do not use in microwave
• Please retain this information for future reference"

No fun.

Edited by RoyMac5

On 09/11/2021 at 18:07, MuespachRam said:

I had a similar experience in the first house I bought, the neighbours were both hairdressers and would watch Grease every Tuesday night at volume 11 and sing along with it until the early hours.... I tried everything I could to get them to stop... then one Saturday night they invited me over for a beer I think to kind of apologise....I went to the bathroom and peed in their shampoo that they used for their customers.

It didnt make the constant Grease sing along go away but it did make me laugh every time I was up listening to them..

Must have been tricky to get it in the DVD box without spillage

image.png

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

Online shopping. Ordered a top from DCFC website, only available mail order so +£4.95 for delivery.

Arrived yesterday - miles too big (unlike the football shirts, which are always smaller than stated); just been online to sort out a return and that's another +£4.90. 

So nearly a tenner out of pocket and no top! Can't order another one as 

a) it's a Christmas top and now won't arrive before Christmas 

b) if the next one doesn't fit either that's another tenner down the drain.

I think help the club out, buy some stuff! Only people profiting are the carriers.

8 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I bought from a ladies fashion retailer. They advertise free delivery and free returns. I returned the garment and they deducted £3. It’s buried deep in their T&C’s. So it’s not free is it? 

Isn't there a law against false advertisement?

Some are clever about it, i find that equally annoying.  Now 30% more effective. 

More effective than what is not mentioned.

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

I bought from a ladies fashion retailer. They advertise free delivery and free returns. I returned the garment and they deducted £3. It’s buried deep in their T&C’s. So it’s not free is it? 

Free quid, innit!

Get wivvit, lady!   ?

Going out shopping and having to speak English to every other shop assistant. 

Ég er Íslendingur og vil tala íslensku á Íslandi.

A fellow got in trouble for voicing his discontent on this matter at the airport.  None of the Iceland Airlines staff could speak Icelandic and he refused to speak it and made a scene.  Was dragged away by the cops.

Edited by ramit
typo

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Going out shopping and having to speak English to every other shop assistant. 

Ég er Íslendingur og vil tala íslensku á Íslandi.

A fellow got in trouble for voicing his discontent on this matter at the airport.  None of the Iceland Airlines staff could speak Icelandic and he refused to speak it and made a scene.  Was dragged away by the cops.

Fyrirgefðu. Ég skildi ekki orð af því!  ?

11 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Christmas Markets in large cities. Too many people for the amount of shops available on offer, overpriced mostly crappy food and drink. Completely crowded so there's nowhere to sit down, the pubs/restaurants are packed. Not for me. Bah humbug.

Christmas markets as a whole.  Went to the Christmas markets at Waddesdon Manor at the weekend.  Very festive, light shows etc which were very nice but the market stalls themselves we full of "craft" style goods and foods all at inflated prices.  A pint of Black Sheep ale was £6 and it wasn't even a pint as a third was froth.  I watched the guy serving for a while and he apologised with each pint he served.  A cunning ploy on his part I thought to charge for a pint but serve less. And no-one batted an eye saying don't worry about it.  I declined to join the queue. 

11 hours ago, sage said:

Morrisons online shopping packers. 

They keep putting all the heavy stuff in one bag. Today there were two 2 litre bottles of pop, 3 jars of pasta sauce and 4 tins of beans. The next one had 1 pack of pitta bread in. 

Like tits in a trance, the lot if them

Try Ocado - I think with almost every shop we get at least one thing refunded with tins or bottles packed on top of bread, fruit, yoghurt etc.  And don't get me on substitutions.  Often replaced with nothing like you originally ordered.