Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

Went to the local co-op earlier where these two kids (no older than 10) were shopping with a healthy living voucher of some kind. Their shopping came to £9 something and their voucher was for £10. Because they’re shopping wasn’t more than the voucher the shop wouldn’t accept it... ended up throwing some apples in and paying the £1 extra for them but surely it’s in the interests of the shop to accept vouchers for more than goods given? 

On 17/03/2021 at 06:44, Tyler Durden said:

Brake checking someone has been en vogue for a number of years now which is just as dangerous and annoying. Especially if the person has cut you up, you sound your horn to express your displeasure then they then brake check you to further confirm what an atrociously mannered motorist they are. 

Brake checking is dangerous because nobody does it to somebody who they know is a safe distance away.

But I got into an argument with a trucker in a Quora thread on brake checking once after he said if he ran into the back of a car that brake checked him he'd punch the driver out (I'm presuming if it was a guy, but who knows?).

I responded that if he drove at a safe distance he'd not run into the back of somebody brake checking him so he was driving as badly as the other person. 

He threatened me.

So I ran off, deleted my account and changed my name because it's illegal in the US to be a trucker unless you're hard and utterly mental. 

On 08/04/2021 at 23:33, uttoxram75 said:

You get less tolerant as you get older. Never been concerned about driving, if someone wants to get past then fine, let em go, I don't have to drive to work so its easy for me to give way when I'm only going somewhere for leisure, shopping, visiting family etc.

However, those that come up very quickly and very close behind me can absolutely duck off, I will slow down and hog the lane until they back off........their choice, ignorant bankers.

I wouldn't say I am less tolerant but I am certainly less bothered. I've been round the sun enough times now to no longer care too much if people have a view on what I say or do. It's not an aggressive backlash, more a comfortable acceptance that I simply don't give a toss what others think.

1 hour ago, Bigfella said:

If Cinderella’s shoe fit so perfectly, how did it come off in the first place?

Good question. I suppose she had small feet and delicate slippers. She should have gone for massive glass novelty slippers that weighed a tonne. Something like the below, but made of glass, would be like divers' boots; they'd have never come off 

d02d3197fd3e2c7d592290f917a94f0e--silly-socks-fun-socks.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Using constant exaggerated hand gestures while speaking.  The type of thing so many politicians do and others copy from them, it's incredibly annoying and it's insulting to the listener IMO, as if the word cannot be understood properly, or have the desired affect without it.  i am not inferring that people should strictly hold their hands in their laps, or to their sides while speaking, i mean that it's overdone to the point of revulsion.  Our PM does it incessantly, i can't bear seeing an interview with her, no matter how short because of it.

i went through great pains to bring to you this short example.?

6 hours ago, ramit said:

Using constant exaggerated hand gestures while speaking.  The type of thing so many politicians do and others copy from them, it's incredibly annoying and it's insulting to the listener IMO, as if the word cannot be understood properly, or have the desired affect without it.  i am not inferring that people should strictly hold their hands in their laps, or to their sides while speaking, i mean that it's overdone to the point of revulsion.  Our PM does it incessantly, i can't bear seeing an interview with her, no matter how short because of it.

Hand gestures are fine sometimes.

Go Away GIF

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/04/2021 at 22:53, ramit said:

Scotty Kilmer beats her hands down.....

Wanting to buy cardamom seeds but only being able to buy crushed cardamom or cardamom pods, when I plan to make cardamom coconut chicken tomorrow.

It took me a bloody hour to extract the two teaspoons of seeds I require.