Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Rev said:

Kids who claim poverty when it comes to car insurance time, then put a shoebox in the bin with a receipt for a £265 pair of boots purchased at the same time.

I think this should be in the thread “Things that annoy me and should”.

Be quicker if I quoted the stuff that doesn't annoy me.

Bottom cover on our new boiler is a poor fit and falls-off at the drop of a hat. I calls Worcester-Bosch for a replacement and the operator makes me hold-on for ages whilst she speaks to "an engineer". Comes back with "we need to send an engineer out to fit it with some new clips". I say you must have the wrong part as its just a plastic cover that slots into place, no clips involved. "No" she says, "we definitely need an engineer to fit the parts ..........................."

Yesterday the "engineer" (another wind-up, they are not engineers, they are technicians) turns-up with completely the wrong parts and will come back on Friday! So more pi55ing about waiting. Its easier to fit than a battery cover on a TV remote control, no wonder the boilers are so effing expensive.

On 18/01/2022 at 14:11, Anon said:

Vegan food. I'm not very picky and like veg, so I don't tend to pay much attention to what I'm buying or eating. Lately, however, I will quite often wonder why my food is either bland or outright unpleasant only to find that I have accidentally purchased a vegan product. This foul excrement is everywhere lately. I can only assume that companies believe they can get away without trying as most people are eating it only because it's de rigueur and the true believers treat their veganism like some form of penitence anyway, so must feel they deserve to suffer through shoddy meals.

I don't care how bad nice food is for the planet. I'd rather we go extinct than eat this ducking slop.

The thing that is totally baffling about this is food doesn't have to be crap to be vegan and vegan food doesn't have to be crap. I've got family members who are long term vegans and cook really nice meals.

It's "vegan" versions of normal food that tend to be "an advert for why we decided to eat the real thing all those generations ago"