Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Knight has given more this season overall although going 4-2-3-1 tonight and with Knight’s recent form, I agree Sibley would have been a better option. 

he got a few chances at 10 under Cocu early season and looked way off it. Played wide against Brum did well, I thought he played well against Wednesday also but he gave away the free kick which saw us lose, unlucky to lose his place, but then we went on a winning run. Not done enough until the last couple of games for me.

As for the frustration, that’s great, he wants to play. He’s an angry teenager like Wazza used to be, doesn’t mean he’s right though. He’s had time out the team to review things, work on his discipline let’s hope now he kicks on in the next stage of his development.

What has Knight given this season? (Although that question can be asked to most)

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

He has not been given time all season. He hasn't done nothing, sweet FA apart from Birmingham, use the excuse of being played out of position but if you have the talent he has, he has to be doing more. Hopefully he will now kick on and continue to show what he can do.

How can he do more if he is not on the pitch. The first time in yonks that he is given more than 10 mins he shows what he can do...

3 hours ago, enachops said:

Sibley celebrates the winner in front of an Arsenal defender, goading him

Never thought this sort of nastiness is good for anyone in the long run. Didn’t even admire it in CKR after his goal against Forest. Smacks of Australian cricketers or Leeds in the 70s. Don’t want to see it from a Derby player. Sorry  

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

What has Knight given this season? (Although that question can be asked to most)

Astonished at that question! He can complain with more justification than Sibley that he has not been played in his best position.

Sibley has yet to prove he can deliver consistently, one goal does not change that.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Knight up until January was most people’s first name on the team sheet alongside Bielik. He was a key player in our resurgence. Energy, tackling, also showing his quality. In recent weeks I agree he’s been a shadow of himself but he returned in the second half last night.

Back to his best last night. I think what hasn't helped Sibley is after that amazing form he showed last season, teams man marked him out the game quickly. Biggest attacking threat on the field on his day. He just needs to learn to be smarter. Cant fault the lad's talent or enthusiasm to play for the club. His discipline has let him down and caused the team to lose games unfortunately. Stupid tackles leading to goals, unnecessary bookings. Reminds me of the manager as a teenager. He'll learn.

He's still 19 years old, he'll eventually be our best player and long term match winner with more coaching and mentoring. His finishing is absolutely fantastic.

6 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Astonished at that question! He can complain with more justification than Sibley that he has not been played in his best position.

Sibley has yet to prove he can deliver consistently, one goal does not change that.

Since Brum away when he was MOM I think, what opportunity has he had to consistently deliver? He has been consistently on the bench and hardly used. Bizarre argument....

12 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Yes just a coincidence that WR tells him he has to do more, be more confident and take more chances and he does that.

But blind of you not to take note of the much more attacking formation & intent,  the other players he was on with. He can't show his skill if there are no other players getting forward for him to exchange passes to. If he had been on in the first half he would have failed like everyone else.

2 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Back to his best last night. I think what hasn't helped Sibley is after that amazing form he showed last season, teams man marked him out the game quickly. Biggest attacking threat on the field on his day. He just needs to learn to be smarter. Cant fault the lad's talent or enthusiasm to play for the club. His discipline has let him down and caused the team to lose games unfortunately. Stupid tackles leading to goals, unnecessary bookings. Reminds me of the manager as a teenager. He'll learn.

He's still 19 years old, he'll eventually be our best player and long term match winner with more coaching and mentoring. His finishing is absolutely fantastic.

He gave a free kick away at Wendies that led to a goal, happens a lot, free kicks sometimes lead to goals. What is his poor disciplinary record exactly?

11 hours ago, David said:

I want every player that’s not in the team to be frustrated.

I want every player that’s not in the team to go out and prove a point, show Rooney he’s wrong. 

If we don’t have this mentality, we are in trouble.

I’m sure Rooney would agree with this.

All very nice David but some of those not in the team do not have the requisite talent. Sibley does not fall into that category. We have to approach games in a fashion that gives us a fighting chance of securing a win. If we don't, we'll get more of the first half performance and rather less of the second. 

Rooney has been messing up. The Rooney acolytes who simply refuse to question anything the man does will argue differently, but the results and more tellingly, the performances don't lie. We've been garbage for weeks. Last night his hand was forced as we were lucky not to be 4 or 5 down after only 45 minutes. Halftime subs are a million miles from Wazza's normal tract but his hand was forced, pure and simple. I wouldn't say he got lucky as such because he he eventually made the right calls, but that's as far as it goes. Those implying it's some sort of masterstroke have clearly overlooked the fact that we could have started the 11 that finished the game. Different folks...

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

All very nice David but some of those not in the team do not have the requisite talent. Sibley does not fall into that category. We have to approach games in a fashion that gives us a fighting chance of securing a win. If we don't, we'll get more of the first half performance and rather less of the second. 

Rooney has been messing up. The Rooney acolytes who simply refuse to question anything the man does will argue differently, but the results and more tellingly, the performances don't lie. We've been garbage for weeks. Last night his hand was forced as we were lucky not to be 4 or 5 down after only 45 minutes. Halftime subs are a million miles from Wazza's normal tract but his hand was forced, pure and simple. I wouldn't say he got lucky as such because he he eventually made the right calls, but that's as far as it goes. Those implying it's some sort of masterstroke have clearly overlooked the fact that we could have started the 11 that finished the game. Different folks...

Mate I’m not sure Rooney deserves flak for anything. 

You can only play 11 at any  one time and use 5 substitutes.

Sibley scored a great goal last night but the build up started on our left hand side with Lawrence having a big part with I think Shinnie and the cross looped in the air amongst competing players and came to Roberts who did very well and Sibley did the rest  

Now the system change from Rooney at half time really worked with a 3 including Mengi who did great .

The first goal was well worked by Knight ,CKR and Byrne with a lovely finish from Gregory.

It came off for Sibley last night as a 10 and long may it continue but all the players deserve credit  

Rooney and the coaching team have us in a position of safety from bottom of the league to where we are now  

Once gain well done to  Sibley who played  with a maturity and a really controlled display .

I hope Rooney and the coaching team continue to learn as do the players  

I think Louie can be well pleased but the other young players also can learn as he has and  keep working hard .

PS Thought Watson did ok but Bird also needs an arm around the shoulder now and again as will Buchanan.

Being a professional footballer is not easy and I would never know as I wasn’t good enough to achieve that level  

Rooney I hasten to add was a fantastic player and players need to listen and learn from him .

Rooney has made mistakes and he probably knows that but I’d say he is on the right track given backing from the club  

Once again well done as a 10 Louie Sibley 

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Sibley scored a great goal last night but the build up started on our left hand side with Lawrence having a big part with I think Shinnie and the cross looped in the air amongst competing players and came to Roberts who did very well and Sibley did the rest  

Now the system change from Rooney at half time really worked with a 3 including Mengi who did great .

The first goal was well worked by Knight ,CKR and Byrne with a lovely finish from Gregory.

It came off for Sibley last night as a 10 and long may it continue but all the players deserve credit  

Rooney and the coaching team have us in a position of safety from bottom of the league to where we are now  

Once gain well done to  Sibley who played  with a maturity and a really controlled display .

I think Louie can be well pleased but the other young players also can learn as he has and  keep working hard .

PS Thought Watson did ok but Bird also needs an arm around the shoulder now and again as will Buchanan.

Being a professional footballer is not easy and I would never know as I wasn’t good enough to achieve that level  

Rooney I hasten to add was a fantastic player and players need to listen and learn from him .

Rooney has made mistakes and he probably knows that but I’d say he is on the right track given backing from the club  

Lovely finish from Gregory, my Gran who is no longer with us could have slotted that one home from 2 yards ?

14 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think it's fair to criticise Rooney for the way he's set up the side recently, but as I posted last night, he deserves some credit for finally addressing the issues caused last night. I'm not in the Rooney out camp, but I am firmly in the must do better camp, if that makes sense? If we go on from here the way we finished up last night, I'll back him all the way in exactly the same way as I have every other manager.

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Correct Curtains Gary Lineker , John Aldridge and Mickey Quinn made careers and scored a lot of goals by being there .

Quinn was a trainee at Derby binned off by Tommy Doc 

Is Quinn the guy on Talk Sport sometimes.

He is funny .

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think it's fair to criticise Rooney for the way he's set up the side recently, but as I posted last night, he deserves some credit for finally addressing the issues caused last night. I'm not in the Rooney out camp, but I am firmly in the must do better camp, if that makes sense? If we go on from here the way we finished up last night, I'll back him all the way in exactly the same way as I have every other manager.

It looks like 4 of the loanees are going to play a part this season and we haven’t seen much of the lad from Everton yet. 

Integrating players to clubs is never easy .

So he has had that to deal with as well as other things like the takeover.

Rooney is doing well IMO 

We may lose other games from now to the end of the season but last night was a good point against Brentford.

Its all about staying up and moving on with the takeover this season for Rooneyand the players. 

Well done Sibley as this is the Sibley thread. 

To be honest I'm not ultimately that fussed whether last night was an example of what we've been missing by not playing Sibley, or an example of Rooney's amazing motivational tactics in getting the 'real' Sibley back. What I am fussed about is what happens next. Surely Sibley has to start, and start centrally, in the next game? 

Edited by vonwright