Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's not a fair reflection of my view hair island. Of course you can offer an opinion but so can I. If mine is different to yours please see the post before yours.

I can only go on what you post and what you've posted several times is that none of us are with the players very day so can't no better than those who are. What other conclusion is there to draw?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's only had 2 starts since Birmingham - Sheff Weds the game after Brum, and Cardiff when he was thrown in along with others lacking match fitness. Just 136 minutes of football in the first team since New Years Day, so it's not surprising that he's lacking sharpness when wanting to take a man or to try a shot from range.

Exactly. Confidence is gained from getting minutes/games. But the only way he can do that is by knuckling down which I’m sure he is. He’s still only young. Hopefully he’ll get more of a chance next season. 

27 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Exactly. Confidence is gained from getting minutes/games. But the only way he can do that is by knuckling down which I’m sure he is. He’s still only young. Hopefully he’ll get more of a chance next season. 

The way the team is currently playing, he will not be here next season as he will have been sold to a club who might get the best out of him so that we can keep the club afloat on League 1 incomes

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

The credit goes to Sibley alone. It happened despite of Rooney, not because of him. 

How do you know that? Its been ages since Sibley did what he did tonight and thats turn & run at players, which is exactly what Rooney called him out on. Even if he didnt score it was much more like the Sibley that burst onto thr scene last season.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

How do you know that? Its been ages since Sibley did what he did tonight and thats turn & run at players, which is exactly what Rooney called him out on. Even if he didnt score it was much more like the Sibley that burst onto thr scene last season.

It's been ages since Sibley had proper time on the pitch in his best position. 

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Yes just a coincidence that WR tells him he has to do more, be more confident and take more chances and he does that.

He threw on attackers because we were 2-0 down and Sibley stepped up. It's pure coincidence. It makes it look like it was a managerial masterclass, when in reality, Rooney got lucky.

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's been ages since Sibley had proper time on the pitch in his best position. 

I agree, he needs to play centrally but Watson has come on and impressed and been positive and forward thinking so no excuse for Sibley when he has come on previously

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He threw on attackers because we were 2-0 down and Sibley stepped up. It's pure coincidence. It makes it look like it was a managerial masterclass, when in reality, Rooney got lucky.

At least he did it, how many managers wouldn’t have done it?

Now start like that on Saturday!

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He did get lucky because we scored at the right time, but the difference in Sibleys performance was chalk and cheese to what he has been putting in recently. He was braver on the ball, he was back to his old self from last season.

Rooney never said he wasn't good enough, he just said he has to do more of what he was doing last season, be braver, do more on the ball, which is what he did. That isn't luck, that's just telling a player what he wants from him on the pitch.

Just now, BIllyD said:

He did get lucky because we scored at the right time, but the difference in Sibleys performance was chalk and cheese to what he has been putting in recently. He was braver on the ball, he was back to his old self from last season.

Rooney never said he wasn't good enough, he just said he has to do more of what he was doing last season, be braver, do more on the ball, which is what he did. That isn't luck, that's just telling a player what he wants from him on the pitch.

Because Rooney has been playing him out of position and not giving him time on the pitch.