Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Take your point buddy, but its one thing seeing sub-optimal performance, it's another stating he lacks talent and ability. In fairness, most on here do seem to see it but as has been stated countless times, the lad needs to start games, not be given the odd cameo and expected to play at the top of his game. As with any player, games will breed confidence and I think we're stating to see that latent ability coming to the fore now he is being given more game time.

Our finishing lacked power last night apart from the one Sibley strike for the goal the rest of the shots were like back passes.

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Take your point buddy, but its one thing seeing sub-optimal performance, it's another stating he lacks talent and ability. In fairness, most on here do seem to see it but as has been stated countless times, the lad needs to start games, not be given the odd cameo and expected to play at the top of his game. As with any player, games will breed confidence and I think we're stating to see that latent ability coming to the fore now he is being given more game time.

Oh yeah I tend to think that those who write him off completely rather than see it as a poor performance are working in hyperboles 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not actually sure what this is... ?

I know what this is as I have teenage daughters, love Sibbo, had the pleasure of meeting him earlier this year and he's also a gentleman. Can't wait to see him have a top, top season, this season ?❤️

4 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

I know what this is as I have teenage daughters, love Sibbo, had the pleasure of meeting him earlier this year and he's also a gentleman. Can't wait to see him have a top, top season, this season ?❤️

? I know what it is also! #tiktok But saying that I don't actually know *what* it is! ?

I have this feeling that we didn't start Sibley last season for the same reason Southgate was reluctant to start Grealish for much of the Euros. Both managers felt that their attacking threat did not override their defensive shortcomings - or that other players were simply better at that kind of thing. 

This conservatism is the best and worst thing about our footballing culture. It is the reason England men's team reached its first final in over half a century, and it is why we lost it.

Sibley would be my first name on the team sheet. Screw clean sheets. Screw tracking back. Let our dinosaurs at the back sort out his mess and just outscore the opposition.