Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He gets booked when he comes on late in a game because he's enthusiastic to make an impact. Why don't you bring up Shinnie's disciplinary record? Or Waghorn? Sibley was sent off once, and it was bogus and rescinded. 

I don’t say these things to have a go. 

Eric Steele brings it up all the time 

He cost us the game against Sheff Wed by giving a stupid free kick away.

He is impetuous and he needs to learn. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The role he played just off CKR when he was instrumental in the 4-0 win at Brum. Hardly seen him since..

Brum are awful though. 

Having said that they might finish above us now Bowyer is going there who knows .

Last word on Sibley 

The lad has talent as a footballer and he’s still learning.

I repeat Rooney is making the decisions .

Doesn’t matter what I think 

Maybe he will be sold to Leeds in next window I don’t know. 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The goals where the defence had about 5 opportunities to clear the ball? Sam same game almost every chance we had down the other end involved Sibley?

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You can’t not play someone because they gave a free kick or corner away that led to a goal....that’s nonsense. On that basis more than half the team wouldn’t play. Other players get booked/sent off as much/more than Sibley. If Sibley was being kept out of the team as everyone was playing well then fair enough. But the team have been very poor for sometime and he now needs to be given a chance, along with Watson...we are crying out for creativity and some goal threat. The existing players are just not producing anything....4 games without a goal.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The goals where the defence had about 5 opportunities to clear the ball? Sam same game almost every chance we had down the other end involved Sibley?

Do you want me to agree with you .

If so I will but Rooney might not and he’s our Manager like it or not .

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Brum are awful though. 

Having said that they might finish above us now Bowyer is going there who knows .

Last word on Sibley 

The lad has talent as a footballer and he’s still learning.

I repeat Rooney is making the decisions .

Doesn’t matter what I think 

Maybe he will be sold to Leeds in next window I don’t know. 

Awful or not it still worked, we could have had more and looked threatening all game. Compare that to what we are seeing now. Something has to change, we create nothing....

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You can’t not play someone because they gave a free kick or corner away that led to a goal....that’s nonsense. On that basis more than half the team wouldn’t play. Other players get booked/sent off as much/more than Sibley. If Sibley was being kept out of the team as everyone was playing well then fair enough. But the team have been very poor for sometime and he now needs to be given a chance, along with Watson...we are crying out for creativity and some goal threat. The existing players are just not producing anything....4 games without a goal.

I like Watson he’s very creative.

I want Watson to play but others don’t.

A caller on RD Talk in tonight from Cincinnati said he wouldn’t start him and he would have Shinnie and Edmundson in midfield but who creates then .

Its all about team balance .

Teams practice in training and systems are worked out by management teams 

Fans can’t possibly know what goes on behind the scenes in training 

Edited by Curtains

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When Sibley plays I hope he does well. 

I always hope he does well .

I always hope Derby win and do well 

I want the best for Derby County 

I want the best for the lads tomorrow night .

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I like Watson he’s very creative.

I want Watson to play but others don’t.

A caller on RD Talk in tonight from Cincinnati said he wouldn’t start him and he would have Shinnie and Edmundson in midfield but who creates then .

Its all about team balance .

Teams practice in training and systems are worked out by management teams 

Fans can’t possibly know what goes on behind the scenes in training 

I am more concerned with what I am seeing on the pitch, simply not working at all. We all knew if we conceded first against Millwall on Saturday we would lose...need to ask why??

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am more concerned with what I am seeing on the pitch, simply not working at all. We all knew if we conceded first against Millwall on Saturday we would lose...need to ask why??

Well if Sibley had scored a difficult chance and not hit the bar we would have had a draw and I’m not saying he should of scored.

Millwall took advantage of a free header from a corner .

I actually think Derby deserved something out the Millwall game as I thought the ref was poor giving a free kick that never was against Edmundson out wide just before the corner was given away .

Joswiak should of scored from Watsons pass through the lines in the channel but he didn’t .

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Well if Sibley had scored a difficult chance and not hit the bar we would have had a draw and I’m not saying he should of scored.

Millwall took advantage of a free header from a corner .

I actually think Derby deserved something out the Millwall game as I thought the ref was poor giving a free kick that never was against Edmundson out wide just before the corner was given away .

Joswiak should of scored from Watsons pass through the lines in the channel but he didn’t .

So in the limited time he was on he came closest to scoring......anyway, if you are happy with the team selections, if you think the players that continue to be selected deserve to be and we don’t need the creativity and flair that Sibley can offer we will just have to agree to disagree....

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

So in the limited time he was on he came closest to scoring......anyway, if you are happy with the team selections, if you think the players that continue to be selected deserve to be and we don’t need the creativity and flair that Sibley can offer we will just have to agree to disagree....

I think you make good points in a sensible way .

I think it’s been a difficult season with no easy answers .

I think Rooney has a tough task to be honest .

I don’t envy him 

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t know to be honest as it’s a bit late  but I’m guessing not many if any .

His form has dipped but I wouldn’t drop him would you !

I'd rest him, not drop him.

He's not really had much impact the last month or so, not surprising given the schedule and the fact it's his first full season.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would. 

Well he might tomorrow as he took him off against Millwall but that might be a wake up call. 

I can’t understand why he has to fall over all the time trying for free kicks although I’m the modern game that works a lot .

I think it cost us against Coventry was it. 

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think part of the issue is when we took a beating against lads Re suffering from concordance. For selby to work needs be able to run at teams and try and catch them out.

Well Sibley is clearly at his best running at teams for sure .

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But that's just it. The issue isn't how well Sibley has played its how poorly he has played and its Rooney unique position that puts him miles ahead of any fan as to how how to get him to improve. Some are very dogmatic with no basis for it. That's my point. 

I can see we aren't going to agree, but this position ends with 'the manager is always right' and that's just not true. The fact the manager has more _information_ to make decisions about how to handle particular players doesn't mean they well always read that information right. Cocu was in a 'unique position' to work out the tactics and teams that would work with the players he saw in training every day, and how to best motivate them. Rowett was in a 'unique position' to work out whether Will Hughes was a player worth using or keeping (he saw him in training every day). Similarly Mourinho with Dr Bruyne or Salah. Sometimes managers get it wrong, not because they lack information but because they show poor judgement with the information they have. That may or may not be the case here. Either way it's legitimate for fans to disagree with a manager's decisions - and sometimes history will prove them right.