Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I said Sibley should play on the right last season and got laughed at. I was wearing a green dress at the time though. 

Whilst I think it could have worked out on the right last season, I think part of what's enabling him to play right now is that he's not really "wide right". In possession he's taking up very narrow positions for the most part which I think suits him a lot more because he's at his most threatening in central areas. 

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst I think it could have worked out on the right last season, I think part of what's enabling him to play right now is that he's not really "wide right". In possession he's taking up very narrow positions for the most part which I think suits him a lot more because he's at his most threatening in central areas. 

I did say inside tight at the time, not winger.

Not sure why they swapped over because both looked less effective afterwards.  

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I did say inside tight at the time, not winger.

Not sure why they swapped over because both looked less effective afterwards.  

Oh yeah, I should have said I figured that's what you meant at the time but I get people's confusion. Even then I think how we are setting up now more readily allows him to go both narrow and has the felixibility to come short or spin in behind.

I've been thinking about that one because I agree although I thought both grew into it after a little lull. My guess is that Rooney felt like he needed to preserve the legs of the fullbacks and therefore get the width a little bit more from Sibley and Jozwiak. 

13 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Oh yeah, I should have said I figured that's what you meant at the time but I get people's confusion. Even then I think how we are setting up now more readily allows him to go both narrow and has the felixibility to come short or spin in behind.

I've been thinking about that one because I agree although I thought both grew into it after a little lull. My guess is that Rooney felt like he needed to preserve the legs of the fullbacks and therefore get the width a little bit more from Sibley and Jozwiak. 

Whatever it is, it looks like a football team with purpose and skill. The shackles appear to have come off. They look inventive and excited about playing.big game tomorrow. If we can win the game through skill and good finishing then we may well have turned the corner at last. If we deal with the crosses and we do not get intimidated then good times are ahead 

It’s going to be interesting tomorrow. Louie started last game, did well, got his eye in; with injury to Lawrence it means he gets second start on the trot. I think this is what he needs for his own development- Its a big test for him. He could very easily pass it and give Wayne some selection problems of the right sort. Just needs to keep a lid on the silly stuff. So he’s feared rather than bated in to an error of judgment. 

The lad's going to be a top player. It's always astounded me that some folk can't, or wont see it. We've actually got an entire group of really exciting young players at the club right now and it's a delight to watch them maturing into senior football, despite all the distractions and chaos around them.

I'm particularly proud to see the fight and passion they seem to exhibit. Huge shout out also to all of our academy coaches who are doing a wonderful job and have been for a fair old while now. Lots of work still to be done, but some green shoots definitely in evidence.

Here's to a brighter future.

COYR

7 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The lad's going to be a top player. It's always astounded me that some folk can't, or wont see it. We've actually got an entire group of really exciting young players at the club right now and it's a delight to watch them maturing into senior football, despite all the distractions and chaos around them.

I'm particularly proud to see the fight and passion they seem to exhibit. Huge shout out also to all of our academy coaches who are doing a wonderful job and have been for a fair old while now. Lots of work still to be done, but some green shoots definitely in evidence.

COYR

People made their opinion based on him trying too hard to force things to happen in his 7/8 minute end of game cameos. Think he’s got potential to be brilliant for us and if we nurture him correctly he should be one of those championship players a premier league team spends >£10m on in the future. 

7 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

COYR

Spot on. I remember when there seemed to be a clamour in some quarters for Darren Wassall to get the boot because not enough players were making it through from the academy, but I doubt many are saying it now. When you consider also that we're having kids nicked from us by the ESL giants before they even leave school, the way the academy has matured through these dark times is a real testament to long-term planning. 

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

People made their opinion based on him trying too hard to force things to happen in his 7/8 minute end of game cameos. Think he’s got potential to be brilliant for us and if we nurture him correctly he should be one of those championship players a premier league team spends >£10m on in the future. 

Take your point buddy, but its one thing seeing sub-optimal performance, it's another stating he lacks talent and ability. In fairness, most on here do seem to see it but as has been stated countless times, the lad needs to start games, not be given the odd cameo and expected to play at the top of his game. As with any player, games will breed confidence and I think we're stating to see that latent ability coming to the fore now he is being given more game time.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands