Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

Honestly can’t understand why people are so irate about Rooney’s comments. Sibley has not been good enough at all when he has played and looks nowhere near the player when he burst on to the scene.

Rooney nailed it yesterday in his press conference when he referred to Sibley not being aggressive enough in possession wanting to run at players and take them on, in comparison to a year ago. He is not as busy as he was and looks slow & weak.

Before fans bring up Joz & Waggy. Clearly they are not performing either and I’m not saying they deserve their place in the team, however this is about Sibley and he hasn’t done enough. On Saturday he went through the motions when coming on yet again and bar hitting the bar when it fell to him inside the 6 yard box, he offered no impact.

Roberts needs to be involved as he genuinely looked like the forward player who creates the most positive spark. Looks like the only player in the team who can beat a man right now.

I think the issue is that Sibley is an attack-minded, very creative central midfielder, and when he burst into the team and made such an impact that was his role. So it's frustrating that Rooney is occasionally giving him 5 or 10 minutes out on the left wing and then singles him out for criticism for not delivering. 

We are absolutely desperate for goals as a team. If we can't start scoring we might yet be relegated. But we're not making the most of our attacking assets. I say put round pegs into round holes and we might be more dangerous. We have lots of players who can do a job wide, but Sibbo is better suited and perhaps our biggest goal threat centrally.

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think the issue is that Sibley is an attack-minded, very creative central midfielder, and when he burst into the team and made such an impact that was his role. So it's frustrating that Rooney is occasionally giving him 5 or 10 minutes out on the left wing and then singles him out for criticism for not delivering. 

We are absolutely desperate for goals as a team. If we can't start scoring we might yet be relegated. But we're not making the most of our attacking assets. I say put round pegs into round holes and we might be more dangerous. We have lots of players who can do a job wide, but Sibbo is better suited and perhaps our biggest goal threat centrally.

I would be playing Jozwiak, Roberts, and Sibley. Give the opposition something to think about, instead of playing just one of them and then having them marked out of the game.

Some players simply don't play well in cameos off the bench and struggle to get into the flow of the game. Some players always seem to start games slowly and take the first 20-30 minutes to get into their rhythm, grow into the game and make valuable contributions - when they only get 15-20 minutes there's no chance of that happening.

Some players don't train quite as well as others yet come match day they light it up. That's not to say that poor performance in training is something to be accepted, far from it, but sometimes a good performance out on the pitch in real match situations can be the spark for improvements in training - it doesn't just work one way round.

There are plenty of players who aren't "the perfect professional" who have very good careers in football and make an impact on the pitch, but Rooney seemingly wants a whole squad of perfect pros. That's all well and good but it doesn't help us find a creative spark to our performances, just a lot of hard work to no end.

Edited by Coconut

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

The thing is Rooney and his coaches see him every day. They also know a lot more about football than any of us. If Sibley was good enough right now he would be in the side, simple as that. That's not writing him off though, I'm sure he will come good   

Do they?, Just because they played the game doesn't make them more knowledgable than you or I, They had the where withall to get to this stage, They'll have agents working for them, Their names can tick boxes, There's plenty of posters on here that have talked a good game, With setting how they would set their team out, Who they'd have taken off, Who'd they have put on, Jiggle with the formation.

Don't be clouded by their history of very good players, There's plenty of players that have become Managers once their carreers had finished, And quite a few that had bitten off more than they could chew.

I remain convinced that Sibley is an ace up Derby's sleeve.

My only concern is that as soon as his studs hit the turf he is a marked man.

A defender, or several, seem to see it as their mission to mark (often literally) him out of the game using tactics of the Bremner and Hunter charm school.

When Louie retaliates he is the one who gets a yellow/red and we are down to ten men.

'Tis a conundrum and no mistake.

Bestie used to say that his greatest achievement was when he ended games with all parts of his body intact!

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Do they?, Just because they played the game doesn't make them more knowledgable than you or I, They had the where withall to get to this stage, They'll have agents working for them, Their names can tick boxes, There's plenty of posters on here that have talked a good game, With setting how they would set their team out, Who they'd have taken off, Who'd they have put on, Jiggle with the formation.

Don't be clouded by their history of very good players, There's plenty of players that have become Managers once their carreers had finished, And quite a few that had bitten off more than they could chew.

Well I think anyone who works professionally in a field knows a lot more about it than a lay person. I'm going to see my dentist in a bit and I'm glad she knows a lot more about it than I do! I know football is a bit different, people have watched loads of it, played the game at a lower level and so on but I still think the analogy holds

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

I remain convinced that Sibley is an ace up Derby's sleeve.

My only concern is that as soon as his studs hit the turf he is a marked man.

A defender, or several, seem to see it as their mission to mark (often literally) him out of the game using tactics of the Bremner and Hunter charm school.

When Louie retaliates he is the one who gets a yellow/red and we are down to ten men.

'Tis a conundrum and no mistake.

Bestie used to say that his greatest achievement was when he ended games with all parts of his body intact!

I think that is why Rooney is weary of playing him from the start and only uses him as an impact sub in games to protect him and the team.

2 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Well I think anyone who works professionally in a field knows a lot more about it than a lay person. I'm going to see my dentist in a bit and I'm glad she knows a lot more about it than I do! I know football is a bit different, people have watched loads of it, played the game at a lower level and so on but I still think the analogy holds

I new a footballer who's teeth were rotten, Booked an appointment and was called in, The Dentist said open wide and i'll have a look, Well he said, I'll start with the back 4, Working round to the 2 wide ones, The 2 that's either side of the front 2 need some work but I can save them, As for the front 2 they've had their day.

The Dentist says to his assistent...thats 4-2-4

He played well against birmingham. But that’s the last time I can remember. Definitely a quality player. All Rooney I’d saying is he needs to be more consistent as there is definitely a quality player in there. It’s difficult playing his position at the moment as we’re not a very creative side. I’m sure he’ll have some good games/moments in games before the seasons needed if he works himself back into Rooneys team. 

6 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

He played well against birmingham. But that’s the last time I can remember. Definitely a quality player. All Rooney I’d saying is he needs to be more consistent as there is definitely a quality player in there. It’s difficult playing his position at the moment as we’re not a very creative side. I’m sure he’ll have some good games/moments in games before the seasons needed if he works himself back into Rooneys team. 

He's only had 2 starts since Birmingham - Sheff Weds the game after Brum, and Cardiff when he was thrown in along with others lacking match fitness. Just 136 minutes of football in the first team since New Years Day, so it's not surprising that he's lacking sharpness when wanting to take a man or to try a shot from range.

18 hours ago, Curtains said:

I don’t rate his work rate tracking back and getting tight on players when we don’t have the ball  

That game personified it ..

Rooney will decide not me 

I couldn’t care less who plays tomorrow to be honest 

I’m rapidly getting to the point of not defending my point of view anymore 

PS My opinion will not stop Sibley playing will it .

You don't need to defend your point of view. None of us do. We all have the right to express our opinions, provided they are not abusive, and we all need to respect that.  Ridiculing someone's point of view is simply unpleasant but disagreeing is not. I hope we all recognise the difference. 

18 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I can't tell. I haven't seen them training. Their performances on the pitch have all been as poor as Sibley however.edit..Shinnue has done better than the others. 

Which is precisely the point folk are making. Either slate them all, or ideally, save criticisms for behind closed doors.

In any case, as you've made clear in several posts now, your stance is that if we're not on the coaching staff, we can't offer a valid opinion. If that's the case we may well as close the forum.  

17 hours ago, Curtains said:

I repeat Rooney is making the decisions .

He is indeed and that's precisely why folk are taking him to task. We've been really poor since the demise of Bielik and folk see no evidence of any upturn in form. Is it really so perplexing that his decisions are being discussed and scrutinised, especially given this is a Derby County fans forum?

15 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Which is precisely the point folk are making. Either slate them all, or ideally, save criticisms for behind closed doors.

In any case, as you've made clear in several posts now, your stance is that if we're not on the coaching staff, we can't offer a valid opinion. If that's the case we may well as close the forum.  

That's not a fair reflection of my view hair island. Of course you can offer an opinion but so can I. If mine is different to yours please see the post before yours.