Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

4 hours ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Play him consistently in the 10 role and he'll light the league up, as he did the end of last season.

Said it before and I'll say it again, we're in this position because we don't score enough so why have arguably our brightest attacking talent on the bench. Play him further forward, let knight do his running (which knight does brilliantly btw even he isn't having the greatest spell) and we'll be better for it. COYR

Edited by BrudeRAM

I find this whole thing depressing. In the post-match interview it sounded as if Sibley knew he had to hold his tongue, but what I took from his comment at the end that "I'm not here to sit on the bench" made me think he won't be here much longer. Especially if Rooney continues to take credit for playing him in his right position for 45 minutes for the very first time this season. After which, we see another Messi-esque goal, which should surprise no one.

Football's such a simple game. Derby are desperate for creativity and a goal threat. Absolutely desperate. So it's not hard to think we might want to play our most creative forward-thinking player and then put him in the position where he can do most damage to opponents. 

I'm glad Louie is a genuine Ram and loves playing for Derby more than anything. It means there's just a chance he might stay if he has a run in the team till the end of the season.

From his interview, I thought he acknowledged that he was giving away silly free kicks whenever he came on for his two minute cameos. So credit Rooney for at least making him realise that.

I'm obviously hoping, like everyone, that he gets more game time in his best position and stays with the club for the next 15 years, through all the successful years just around the corner. 

COYR ?

Just before Christmas and the January transfer window, I was told a little rumour that a bid had been put in for Sibley from a Northern city Premier club, which was turned down by Derby as nowhere near enough.

Now I live in Duffield where at least 5 players, two current managers and a couple of coaches live, so from time to time you hear snippets, rumours, call it what you will, and most of the time they are just bull****. However, occasionally they are correct.

17 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Just before Christmas and the January transfer window, I was told a little rumour that a bid had been put in for Sibley from a Northern city Premier club, which was turned down by Derby as nowhere near enough.

Now I live in Duffield where at least 5 players, two current managers and a couple of coaches live, so from time to time you hear snippets, rumours, call it what you will, and most of the time they are just bull****. However, occasionally they are correct.

It's well know that a bed was put in for Sibley, Rooney sent Sibley away to sleep on it.

26 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Sibley is a Ram ? 

He would never sign for the Dirties anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is what I thought Rooney felt about Sibley all along. Wayne knows a good player when he sees one. Sibley like every other player needs to fit in with what their manager wants if they want to play long term. It is always easier to modify the way he is playing when he is already getting games. Sibley wants to play for us. There is now a golden opportunity to make himself undroppable. He is very forward thinking and will prosper if he can score more goals. Whichever two out of Joz, Tom and Sibbo score the most goals will play the most games imo. 

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

This is what I thought Rooney felt about Sibley all along. Wayne knows a good player when he sees one. Sibley like every other player needs to fit in with what their manager wants if they want to play long term. It is always easier to modify the way he is playing when he is already getting games. Sibley wants to play for us. There is now a golden opportunity to make himself undroppable. He is very forward thinking and will prosper if he can score more goals. Whichever two out of Joz, Tom and Sibbo score the most goals will play the most games imo. 

This is certainly his chance, with Captain Tom out and Jozwiak out of form, if Sibley can put together a decent performance, no stupid free kicks or bookings and maybe throw in a goal or two he will be golden. 

I'll take Sibley over Lawrence at every opportunity, If Sibley can stop his foolish bookings(i'm aware some refs are card happy)he could cement a regular place, His forward thinking and attacking prowess puts Lawrences tame and uninspiering performances at times to give WR a little dilemma to give him a regular start if and when Lawrence gets fit...are WBA still interested in TL?