Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because Rooney has been playing him out of position and not giving him time on the pitch. 

He has not been given time all season. He hasn't done nothing, sweet FA apart from Birmingham, use the excuse of being played out of position but if you have the talent he has, he has to be doing more. Hopefully he will now kick on and continue to show what he can do.

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He threw on attackers because we were 2-0 down and Sibley stepped up. It's pure coincidence. It makes it look like it was a managerial masterclass, when in reality, Rooney got lucky.

Seems a bit unfair to criticise a manager for publicly giving a player a kick up the arse, then not giving him any credit when said player delivers next game. Looks like Rooney got his man management spot on in that regard.

Just now, BIllyD said:

He has not been given time all season. He hasn't done nothing, sweet FA apart from Birmingham, use the excuse of being played out of position but if you have the talent he has, he has to be doing more. Hopefully he will now kick on and continue to show what he can do.

As shown tonight, our coaching staff have wasted Sibley's talents all season. 

1 minute ago, lrm14 said:

Seems a bit unfair to criticise a manager for publicly giving a player a kick up the arse, then not giving him any credit when said player delivers next game. Looks like Rooney got his man management spot on in that regard.

Depends which way you want to swing your confirmation bias.

Edited by Coconut

Just now, lrm14 said:

Because it's a complete fluke. He didn't start Sibley, he threw him on in desperation because we were getting battered. If you choose to believe it's Rooney's plan, fine. I just don't think it's anything other than a happy accident.

Great interview with Sibley after the game. Criminal that he hasn’t played more in the ‘10’ position.

I’m not having this as Rooney being proved correct in his motivation for Sibley. Apparently he’s not been involved due to conceding silly free kicks and being too desperate to make an impression. What do you expect when he has 10-15 mins a game out of position? You build teams around Sibley, he’s that good. Hopefully we see more of that in the remaining games and Rooney sticks to that second half formula. With Roberts, Sibley and Lawrence we will hurt teams. 

Sibley has a nasty side to him, I love that about him. I remember an U18 game vs Arsenal, we smashed em and Sibley celebrates the winner in front of an Arsenal defender, goading him. I’m sure Sibley has learnt a lesson these past few days, I hope Rooney has learnt a bigger one. 

1 minute ago, enachops said:

Great interview with Sibley after the game. Criminal that he hasn’t played more in the ‘10’ position.

I’m not having this as Rooney being proved correct in his motivation for Sibley. Apparently he’s not been involved due to conceding silly free kicks and being too desperate to make an impression. What do you expect when he has 10-15 mins a game out of position? You build teams around Sibley, he’s that good. Hopefully we see more of that in the remaining games and Rooney sticks to that second half formula. With Roberts, Sibley and Lawrence we will hurt teams. 

Sibley has a nasty side to him, I love that about him. I remember an U18 game vs Arsenal, we smashed em and Sibley celebrates the winner in front of an Arsenal defender, goading him. I’m sure Sibley has learnt a lesson these past few days, I hope Rooney has learnt a bigger one. 

Great Interview I agree. Our best player and he’s a Derby lad hope we can enjoy him for a while yet.

Howevet he Hasn’t done anything to justify being played at 10 this season until tonight. 

Rooney doesn’t need to learn any lessons with him, he’s managed him right and he’s just the person for Sibley to learn from. He (Sibley) was also complimentary of the coaches in his interview. He’s still learning his trade.

Hopefully Sibley goes and smashes it now for the rest of the season - I think he will 

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Great Interview I agree. Our best player and he’s a Derby lad hope we can enjoy him for a while yet.

Howevet he Hasn’t done anything to justify being played at 10 this season until tonight. 

Rooney doesn’t need to learn any lessons with him, he’s managed him right and he’s just the person for Sibley to learn from. He (Sibley) was also complimentary of the coaches in his interview. He’s still learning his trade.

Hopefully Sibley goes and smashes it now for the rest of the season - I think he will 

Mmmm I think there was a frustration in Sibleys interview, he obviously wasn’t going to slag off the coaching staff but his frustration was obvious. I wouldn’t say Rooney’s managed him right. I’d have played him weeks ago. We’ve struggled all season to create. Struggled with movement. Barely create anything down the middle. Knight has played as a 10 more than Sibley. I’m sorry, but that makes zero sense when Sibley is on the bench. 

Sibley hasn’t had a chance in the 10 position, so not sure how he’s not shown enough. He’s barely played. Last season was enough for me. In a team that’s struggled all season, I fail to understand why he’s not been utilised more/better. Anyway, fingers crossed he gets his chance and shows his ability. 

Sibley digging Wayne out of a hole, after he was forced to give him more than a 10 min cameo, is a masterstroke by Rooney now? Unless it was always the plan to give Watson his full debut and pull him at HT to help his confidence too.

We've been crying out for him for weeks, there's not many in this squad who have the ability to score that goal from Sibley's starting position tonight. Hopefully he's picked up some confidence from it and can kick on to a nice bit of form. 

I'll give Wayne credit when its due; that second half turn around for one and the whole teams response. But not this poo show. You don't get a pat on the back for playing poor, out of form players over the clubs biggest prospect for weeks on end. 

6 minutes ago, enachops said:

Mmmm I think there was a frustration in Sibleys interview, he obviously wasn’t going to slag off the coaching staff but his frustration was obvious. I wouldn’t say Rooney’s managed him right. I’d have played him weeks ago. We’ve struggled all season to create. Struggled with movement. Barely create anything down the middle. Knight has played as a 10 more than Sibley. I’m sorry, but that makes zero sense when Sibley is on the bench. 

Sibley hasn’t had a chance in the 10 position, so not sure how he’s not shown enough. He’s barely played. Last season was enough for me. In a team that’s struggled all season, I fail to understand why he’s not been utilised more/better. Anyway, fingers crossed he gets his chance and shows his ability. 

Knight has given more this season overall although going 4-2-3-1 tonight and with Knight’s recent form, I agree Sibley would have been a better option. 

he got a few chances at 10 under Cocu early season and looked way off it. Played wide against Brum did well, I thought he played well against Wednesday also but he gave away the free kick which saw us lose, unlucky to lose his place, but then we went on a winning run. Not done enough until the last couple of games for me.

As for the frustration, that’s great, he wants to play. He’s an angry teenager like Wazza used to be, doesn’t mean he’s right though. He’s had time out the team to review things, work on his discipline let’s hope now he kicks on in the next stage of his development.

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

...do you mean when we were having to play Jack Marriott as a lone striker? I can hardly blame him for looking way off it feeding off that useless begger!

Marriott never played as a lone striker- he was too busy going out wide and dropping 20 yards from goal in a desperate attempt to get a touch.