Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

Just now, Curtains said:

Who cares. 

I ain’t the manager 

I just don't understand the point in your post? Are you really claiming one game 4-5 months ago, in which the whole team was bad, has any bearing on whether Sibley should be playing today? 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I just don't understand the point in your post? Are you really claiming one game 4-5 months ago, in which the whole team was bad, has any bearing on whether Sibley should be playing today? 

I don’t rate his work rate tracking back and getting tight on players when we don’t have the ball  

That game personified it ..

Rooney will decide not me 

I couldn’t care less who plays tomorrow to be honest 

I’m rapidly getting to the point of not defending my point of view anymore 

PS My opinion will not stop Sibley playing will it .

Edited by Curtains

49 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How many of Gregory, Jozwiak, Waghorn, Watson, Roberts, Knight and Shinnie do you think have deserved more game time than Sibley over there past 3 games?

I can't tell. I haven't seen them training. Their performances on the pitch have all been as poor as Sibley however.edit..Shinnue has done better than the others. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t rate his work rate tracking back and getting tight on players when we don’t have the ball  

Do you think it's more important to an attacker to create goals and assists, or to track back? 

Not sure why you're immediately being so defensive, no of course you don't pick the team, but it's a forum to discuss the team? 

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Made a goal line block vs Forest to obviously does track back?

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Do you think it's more important to an attacker to create goals and assists, or to track back? 

Not sure why you're immediately being so defensive, no of course you don't pick the team, but it's a forum to discuss the team? 

I think you need to do both. 

To be honest I’m not the defensive one about Sibley .

Most people who like him are very precious about him 

Comparing players like Knight to Sibley is pointless as they are totally different types of player. 

Knights work rate is amazing. 

Like  I say I don’t pick the team 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Comparing players like Knight to Sibley is pointless as they are totally different types of player. 

But our attackers **aren't** doing both, that's the thing. Waghorn, Gregory, Knight, Jozwiak they aren't adding goals or assists. I think I'd rather have an attacker that could provide goals rather than a hard worker that offers nothing going forward, to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Running around a lot is all well and good but for the last 10 games I am not sure what he has achieved, certainly has created very little and hasn’t influenced the games much...

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

But our attackers **aren't** doing both, that's the thing. Waghorn, Gregory, Knight, Jozwiak they aren't adding goals or assists. I think I'd rather have an attacker that could provide goals rather than a hard worker that offers nothing going forward, to be honest. 

But you make out Sibley hasn’t had chances in the first team which isn’t true .

He has ability but he’s got to sort out his temperament as well. 

Rooney is getting lambasted by some for not playing him as if he’s got a vendetta against him .

He told you his reasons for not starting him today .

Did you hear what he said !

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Rooney is getting lambasted by some for not playing him as if he’s got a vendetta against him .

How many chances has Sibley had this season? Not many...

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Running around a lot is all well and good but for the last 10 games I am not sure what he has achieved, certainly has created very little and hasn’t influenced the games much...

I really think he probably is a bit tired and he is a youngster don’t forget. 

I think his game has not been as intense lately and Rooney dragged him off also against Millwall. 

Knight and Sibley are totally different types of  player

Sibley is a 10 and Knight is an all energy up and down midfielder that also scores goals 

We don’t play with a 10 with CKR playing  

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Depends how much value you put in 10 minutes at the end of a game when the pattern of play is already gone. His temperament is part of what makes him a good player. I heard what he said, it doesn't change my mind that Rooney gives Sibley 10 minutes every other game to make an impact, whereas our other attackers have no such difficulty getting game time despite lacklustre performance. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How many chances has Sibley had this season? Not many...

You have to take them when they arrive 

He will get more chances but in what position with CKR as focal point of attack 

We don’t play with a 10 and Sibley is not a wide man who can cross the ball 

Just now, Andicis said:

Depends how much value you put in 10 minutes at the end of a game when the pattern of play is already gone. His temperament is part of what makes him a good player. I heard what he said, it doesn't change my mind that Rooney gives Sibley 10 minutes every other game to make an impact, whereas our other attackers have no such difficulty getting game time despite lacklustre performance. 

You can’t afford Sibley getting booked early in games he needs to learn to stop needless crazy bookings 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

You have to take them when they arrive 

He will get more chances but in what position with CKR as focal point of attack 

We don’t play with a 10 and Sibley is not a wide man who can cross the ball 

The role he played just off CKR when he was instrumental in the 4-0 win at Brum. Hardly seen him since..

Just now, Curtains said:

You can’t afford Sibley getting booked early in games he needs to learn to stop needless crazy bookings 

He gets booked when he comes on late in a game because he's enthusiastic to make an impact. Why don't you bring up Shinnie's disciplinary record? Or Waghorn? Sibley was sent off once, and it was bogus and rescinded.