Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Apologies, I thought it was the Blackburn game before first lockdown ?

Mate that’s fine. 

It looks like I’m having a go at Sibley but Rooney was also poor in that game .

We had no intensity as Owen Bradley stated .

We didn’t close down enough and we were poor out of possession.

Sibley is only 19 and it unfair on him for some fans to make out he’s the only answer to Derby’s problems.

I think Rooney has it spot on today saying what he said .

Its a team game and if Sibley plays I’m fine with it but at the moment I think we need to let Rooney decide.

I mean Louis Watson deserves a start tomorrow but if he doesn’t get one I’m not going to get on at Rooney about it .

Lets just let Rooney and his coaching team have a bit of slack to get it right 

When we are able to go and see matches I would much rather go and see Sibley play in a settled team showing us some exciting and skilful play than watch Waghorn and Gregory.  I'm in the group of fans that believe that with regular match play he will gain in belief, confidence and ability to read the game.  Unfortunately I'm starting to think that if Rooney persists in leaving him out and making public comments Sibley will be leaving us in the Summer and next season we'll be watching him score for some other clubs. It must be very galling when others who are playing below an acceptable standard play week in week out and no comments are made about them.

3 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

When we are able to go and see matches I would much rather go and see Sibley play in a settled team showing us some exciting and skilful play than watch Waghorn and Gregory.  I'm in the group of fans that believe that with regular match play he will gain in belief, confidence and ability to read the game.  Unfortunately I'm starting to think that if Rooney persists in leaving him out and making public comments Sibley will be leaving us in the Summer and next season we'll be watching him score for some other clubs. It must be very galling when others who are playing below an acceptable standard play week in week out and no comments are made about them.

Who are these players that you are on about then that play week in week out .

These comments just perpetuate the problem. 

Hard done by stuff .

Edited by Curtains

How can my comments perpetuate any problem. They are purely my opinions and have absolutely no influence on anybody else unless they are weak minded and easily led!! I do , however, concede that week in week out is an exaggeration but there are players on that pitch who get considerably more game time than others and IN My OPINION are less deserving of it than Sibley. Enjoy your evening.

14 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

How can my comments perpetuate any problem. They are purely my opinions and have absolutely no influence on anybody else unless they are weak minded and easily led!! I do , however, concede that week in week out is an exaggeration but there are players on that pitch who get considerably more game time than others and IN My OPINION are less deserving of it than Sibley. Enjoy your evening.

Agree, over the last 10 games Knight, Waggers and Joswiak have contributed very little...Sibley and Watson deserve a chance and might give us at least a bit of creativity...

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Sibley is only 19 and it unfair on him for some fans to make out he’s the only answer to Derby’s problems.

I don't think anybody is saying that Curtains. I think what the majority take issue with is the fact Rooney's called out Louie for 10 min cameo's deemed not good enough yet is reluctant to do the same for Waghorn, Joz, Knight, Buchanen, CKR etc when they have put in consistently poor 90 minute performances. 

I think it's unfair personally but as also mentioned a few times, maybe it's what will get Sibley reacting in a good way. Let's wait and see.

On 08/03/2021 at 09:12, VulcanRam said:

I'm not sure whether its the management destroying his confidence; he's hardly been playing that well this season and nothing about his performances have demanded that he plays. Rooney will see whether on the training ground he is doing what he's being asked to do, and the answer is presumably not because let's face it, the midfield isn't really functioning atm and Rooney is happy to make changes so there's always places up for grabs.

You might as well start him on Wednesday given our lack of attacking guile or threat of late. Rooney has intimated it's his lack of discipline that's the reason he's fallen out of favour but seeing as the whole team is lacking discipline at the moment he's hardly alone. 

Quite like the idea of a diamond midfield with him at the tip and Shinnie at the base, and then two of Waghorn, Joswiak and Roberts, with CKR and Gregory up front. But that might well negate Byrne, who's our best crosser of a ball, and whoever is playing left FB.

Also it depends on whether Rooney wants to play Watson - I can't see both getting the nod. 

OI! Leave Waghorn out of this - we ar talking about players who can play and trouble the opposition.

I think everybody is desperate for Sibley to be the pick of the bunch as he’s Derby through and through and was so exciting when he Burst through. I’ve mentioned in a few of the matchday threads across the season that I would love to see the midfield from the March 2019 Blackburn game being tried again in that 4231, with Shinnie, Bird as the 2 mids and Louie as the central player in the 3 behind the Striker ( much was made of an injury to Rooney for that game and it ended up being one of the 3 best performances of the season). We could replicate that midfield again or even play Watson with Shinnie who actually looks better than Bird at the moment. I’d like to see us play this team tomorrow 

Roos

Byrne      Mengi.    Clarke.    Buchanan 

Watson.      Shinnie

Roberts.              Sibley          Jozwiak    

CKR

Mengi has had a tough start but I think if we preserve with him he could have a similar impact as Tomori. Although if it’s unlikely that we won’t resign him for next season then potentially play one of the others.

Highly unlikely and I think he will play Gregory and CKR in a two. 

On 14/03/2021 at 14:10, Oldben said:

A good builder does not blame their tools.

Sibley is a young player, he was only given 20 minutes at the end of a match in which the entire team was struggling to produce a result.

The formation played was not the best one to pick to beat Millwalls team.

I am however not blaming Rooney for this, he is new to management, and is by no means the finished article.

I dont think Rooney has his full coaching qualification from the FA yet?

There were Derby players in the match against Millwall, who deserved to be picked out for criticism, obviously Waghorn (although he is playing out of his best position), but other players as well.

Jozwiack once again did not perform, but he is the wrong sort of player for the formation that Rooney selected to play yesterday.

CZM and Knight, did not perform that well yesterday.

You got that right. His best position at the moment is on the bench, or even better sat at home.

Incidentally, maybe Sibley hasn't produced of his best in the milliseconds he is given because he too is not in his best position, but stuck out on the wing.

6 hours ago, vonwright said:

That's presumably what this thread is about - people who watch Derby, and Sibley, sharing their opinions. Yes, Rooney has 'privileged access' and a world of top-level football experience and yes, he might be right. But equally he might be wrong; managers sometimes are. The point is it's a legitimate debate and not settled just by pointing out that Rooney is the manager and we are not!

But that's just it. The issue isn't how well Sibley has played its how poorly he has played and its Rooney unique position that puts him miles ahead of any fan as to how how to get him to improve. Some are very dogmatic with no basis for it. That's my point. 

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But that's just it. The issue isn't how well Sibley has played its how poorly he has played and its Rooney unique position that puts him miles ahead of any fan as to how how to get him to improve. Some are very dogmatic with no basis for it. That's my point. 

How poorly do you think Knight has been playing, say in the last 10 games?

22 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

How many of Gregory, Jozwiak, Waghorn, Watson, Roberts, Knight and Shinnie do you think have deserved more game time than Sibley over there past 3 games?

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So out of the 4/5 positions behind Kazim, only Watson is more deserving of more gametime than Sibley based on the last 3 games?

From what I have seen, yes. Watson definitely deserves a start and I would also play Sibley....we need some creativity...

If Sibley is to start and be expected to impact games it has to be in the no.10 role

Teams started to mark him out the game especially when the likes of Lawrence were out but with Lawrence due back and Jozwiak who tends to get doubled up on they wont be able to just focus on Sibley

6 hours ago, Curtains said:

How did Sibley do in this game and watch the 2nd goal he needs to get tighter.

Hes ambling back as he is for 3rd goal. 

Now go pick out bad games had by other attackers. There are loads this season. This is a completely pointless post, young player in your opinion made a few mistakes in a game months ago, therefore what? He shouldn't play now? I can point out many more recent mistakes from Waghorn. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Now go pick out bad games had by other attackers. There are loads this season. This is a completely pointless post, young player in your opinion made a few mistakes in a game months ago, therefore what? He shouldn't play now? I can point out many more recent mistakes from Waghorn. 

Who cares. 

I ain’t the manager