Frank Lampard

Day

Media reports that Frank was not a good man manager and lost the dressing room. Noticed his demeanour suggests moodiness. Chelsea’s players complained about his bias, lack of technical nous and favouritism. Hardly surprising he had to go.

1 hour ago, Finch said:

Media reports that Frank was not a good man manager and lost the dressing room. Noticed his demeanour suggests moodiness. Chelsea’s players complained about his bias, lack of technical nous and favouritism. Hardly surprising he had to go.

There was similar here. Two injured players played golf together, with the blessing of the physio. Frank allegedly publicly bollocked one player and not the other. The disgruntled player bit back with suggestions of favouritism and spent the rest of the season as a bit part player, with Pam Lard questioning his attitude and motivation. 

Jack Marriott BTW

1 hour ago, Finch said:

Isn't bias the same as favouritism ?

On 25/01/2021 at 21:23, Boycie said:

He wasn’t that clued up on the attack in the biggest game of the season to be honest.

The post Leeds pee up was the wrong thing to do on so many levels , least of which being set the players minds to the focus of completing the task by winning at Wembley 

Edited by Archied

On 25/01/2021 at 21:36, Ken Tram said:

Perhaps if he crawled on hands and knees in supplication from the cathedral to Pride Park.

(actually ... this might be a touch of heresy ... maybe the end point should be the cathedral)

I'm not sure I'd want him back. The first time round he was hungry, and the chance of success for Derby was a stepping stone towards the Chelsea job. I don't think he'd be quite so hungry second time round.

Have you seen the size of him, course he’s hungry,,,,,,,,,,,, only joking Dave?

• 1 month later...

Bloody hell man, give Rooney a chance. There is only so much a man can do with the average players at pur disposal. Even Frank would struggle. 
Let's not forget it took the so called super Frank two seconds to jump ship and join Chelsea. He could have waited, learned his trade at Derby and that Chelski job would have been there in the future at the rate at which they go through coaches.

I for one would not want him back.

15 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

Is he still available ?
Bit of fun but I’d have him back in a heart beat

decent football,goals,decent signings,decent loans and vocal on touch line.Articulate to the press and fans.

Best live game ive seen in my 40 years following the Rams against Leeds Away and of course a visit to Wembley.

The signings, by and large, were dross.

Not for me. Unimpressed up until the run in when we got the results we needed. I still have nightmares about Bristol City away - how we came away 2-0 winners amazes me still. 

Saying that, I'll remember that Play Off Semi-Final very fondly. He made an absolute poohouse out of Leeds United and their fanbase to the point where we can all throw on Amazon Prime right now and bask in fully grown men crying to a camera. You can't knock that. 

Not sure where Frank goes next. Fulham? 
i preferred Frank and Jodie but they fail to pass my ‘could you imagine them staying for 5 years’ test.

48 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

Is he still available ?

decent football,goals,decent signings,decent loans and vocal on touch line.Articulate to the press and fans.

Best live game ive seen in my 40 years following the Rams against Leeds Away and of course a visit to Wembley.

Different football world now though 

48 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

Is he still available ?

Well we couldn’t afford £6 million on Waghorn £3 million on Malone and joflo £5 million on Marriott £700,000 on Holmes was it but we did get £500,000 back on what we paid for Evans not to mention the huge loan fees to Liverpool and Chelsea. He did have a decent captain and centre half in Keogh at the time as well as experienced Bryson and Johnson as well as Huddlestone.

I wonder how he would get on with yes nothing to spend next season basically  

Edited by Sparkle

Definitely give Rooney a chance. It's fair to say that Lampard and Morris galvanised the Rams in that one season but we saw some poor performances and I share Dean "Hick" Saunders comments about what would have happened without the loanees.

To quote a CFC supporting and season ticket holder pal of mine (old Chelsea), Lampard (and Morris) managing Chelsea ended up a bit like Delboy and Rodney running Amazon.