EFL appeal

Sith Happens

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

The problem is that we haven't yet been charged with failing P&S. We are effectively now guilty of acting in bad faith,

as I see it, we've been charged and found guilty of breaching the P&S rules, because our accounts are non-compliant. The LAP has insinuated that we have acted in bad faith and this will be taken into account when the sanction for the breach is determined 

Really not sure why the press keep pushing that we could get a points deduction for this season.

Genuinely not even sure how this would be possible. 

1. A points deduction is only a possibility as is a fine and as is a slap on the wrist.

2. Our season has finished. They can't go back now and deduct points.

3. Whatever punishment we get. We will clearly appeal. So they can't deduct points this season and then we appeal. The league's would be in limbo.

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

3. Whatever punishment we get. We will clearly appeal. So they can't deduct points this season and then we appeal. The league's would be in limbo.

That's the trouble with the EFL.

They set a low bar of expectation.

17 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Whatever punishment we get. We will clearly appeal.

Is that the way it would work?

I thought, from the statements put out, that both the EFL and the club are now set to make representations over the punishment. Then the DC panel will decide.

So the club's chance to affect things is in that representation, not a subsequent appeal.

Edited by IslandExile

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Is that the way it would work?

I thought, from the statements put out, that both the EFL and the club are now set to make representations over the punishment. Then the DC panel will decide.

So the club's chance to affect things is in that representation, not a subsequent appeal.

The lap said they could impose a penalty however they felt that was unfair as it could not be appealed.  Leaves me with the conclusion that both sides could appeal the DC penalty