EFL appeal

Sith Happens

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Pretty sure it's all cited on here buddy but in all honesty, there's been so many different conversations about this now spread across so many threads, I wouldn't know where to start. Based on what I've read, I see literally no precedent for a points deduction and I really do think that at a time where the EFL's stock is at an all-time low, they are simply sabre-rattling to appease a few angry, blowhard owners and directors. If they'd not appealed, the charges levied to EFL member clubs for what was a farcical tribunal would have hung heavily around their necks. Perpetuating the process just seems like a thinly-veiled attempt to retrospectively give the process some credibility. The whole thing is just embarrassing.

Absolutely. Just to clarify your excellent summation @86 Hair Islands, "The whole thing is just embarrassing "...to the EFL's level of competence. (my emphasis). They are showing themselves to be nothing short of a torch-holding mob baying for "justice". 

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure you can't get relegated after the season has finished. I read somewhere that EFL have to notify club before the end of the season. Once the season is done it's done. It's written in history. A possible points penalty will be next season. I think it will just be a fine, if anything.

Percy's tweet that they took the story the EFL had won to Derby ten days ago and were threatened with legal action if they printed it would at least explain why every man and his dog as been acting like the "know" Derby are getting done for this (why the Rotherham manager was so annoyed, all the "things look bad for Derby" comments etc)

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Have to agree with @EllafellaI'm afraid. Whilst I agree that it's all been a rather sorry tale of woe this last few years, no so-called Senior Sports Reporter should be using terms like 'basket-case' to describe us. It lacks class and professionalism and it something I'd expect from the Star, not a supposedly respected broadsheet.

image.gif.173862ae73d552004b61ca5d29c3738d.gif

Just now, Rammy03 said:

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure you can't get relegated after the season has finished. I read somewhere that EFL have to notify club before the end of the season. Once the season is done it's done. It's written in history. A possible points penalty will be next season. I think it will just be a fine, if anything.

You are right but I'm not sure whether there are different rules for appeals.  If this was a risk then I can't see why Mel would have been standing up clapping the players off the field.

tend to think this is just clickbait BS

I still find it utterly bewildering that:

The EFL signs off on the accounts originally
Circles back around saying we can't do that, takes us to investigation
Independent panel dismisses it
EFL appeal, different independent panel says it's naughty (apparently, unconfirmed).

Is any of this wrong?

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

EFL appeal, different independent panel says it's naughty (apparently, unconfirmed).

Is any of this wrong?

I think there are quite a few clubs that think the EFL have been too lenient with us. it is not a simple situation of us v EFL

The EFL are a disgrace. If they’ve given us the green light to do something it’s irrelevant whether it’s sly, cheating or anything else. We made decisions on their say so. They can’t then change the rules and punish us. Best thing they can do is give us a bit of a fine and move on. Of course then Wycombe etc will throw their hat in to the ring and drag it out for another season. Pathetic. 

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely. Just to clarify your excellent summation @86 Hair Islands, "The whole thing is just embarrassing "...to the EFL's level of competence. (my emphasis). They are showing themselves to be nothing short of a torch-holding mob baying for "justice". 

They'd drop the torches mate, then charge Derby with arson for the subsequent fire ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Is any of this wrong?

Oh it's wrong, it's scandalous, but not in the way you meant.

Also bewildering that:

The EFL are allowed to have a rule which basically says "we can rewrite the rules and apply them retrospectively, however we want, whenever we want" but the only way in which they want to use this clause is to try to punish Derby County.

The EFL have the right to appeal the original decision, and whatever happens with their appeal is the de-facto outcome. What makes the result of their appeal any more binding than the result of the first hearing, and why aren't we allowed to appeal the outcome of the second hearing?

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Is this follow up tweet not just patently untrue and if it is true how has this passed through a) auditors and b) the EFL itself, both during their initial checks and during the initial hearing?

image.png.0017ae14610eda8c00036015d6b35973.png

From the accounts for the year of the stadium sale.  Certainly looks like we're accounting for it to me.

Just now, Coconut said:

Oh it's wrong, it's scandalous, but not in the way you meant.

Also bewildering that:

The EFL are allowed to have a rule which basically says "we can rewrite the rules and apply them retrospectively, however we want, whenever we want" but the only way in which they want to use this clause is to try to punish Derby County.

The EFL have the right to appeal the original decision, and whatever happens with their appeal is the de-facto outcome. What makes the result of their appeal any more binding than the result of the first hearing, and why aren't we allowed to appeal the outcome of the second hearing?

I think it is in the rules that are agreed by all.  No reason we can't take this to a higher court though.  That would probably end the league structure because it wouldn't be heard for months and months

11 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Is any of this wrong?

Absolutely madness and a joke isn’t it when u read it back like that 

so if this Panel finds us guilty can we ask for a 3rd and deciding panel .. just to drag it on a bit further and in the interests of fairness or can the efl just keep asking til they get the decision they like 

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Is any of this wrong?

The EFL is inept but that doesn’t make us right.