EFL appeal

Sith Happens

Just now, Shaftesbury Street said:

Does anyone know what the accounts look like with the amortisation realigned but the stadium sale included?

I think that would be a massive job when the ERV and past amortisation is unknown, pure guesswork but if it is insignificant cant understand the focus

7 minutes ago, Foxy Ram said:

It says a(nother) Daily Mail report.

The secrecy suggests it’s a points deduction and that the EFL decided - when they were told they had won the appeal - that it would apply for next season 

This is presumably why the club threatened the telegraph (Percy) with legal action if they disclosed it   Because premature disclosure could have forced the EFL to act this season 

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Nice of the EFL to allow the Daily Mail to report the outcome before they release a statement. 

Where else would the DM have got their info from, if not from someone at the EFL?

The Daily Mail ( Matt Lawson in particular ) also said we had lost the first case and had a 20 plus points deduction incoming. That proved to be incorrect 

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I don’t think a points deduction this season makes much logical sense. Taking out any context of how bad we were, if we are deducted -12 points with four games to go then atleast you know what you need to do. If you get through to the last game without knowing you’ll need extra points then you might as well relegate the club before anyone kicks a ball.

Yes you would imagine lawyers could have an absolute field day from a competition perspective even before anything else

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It's like being given the death penalty in 2021 because it's been found that you farted in a lift in 1992, even though it only became illegal to fart in a lift in 2019.

Fast forward to 2025 and as of 1st January the laws against farting in lifts are relaxed and the offence only carries a £50 fine.

Unfortunately for you, you were given the lethal injection on 31st December 2024.

This post has changed the atmosphere and cleared the air. Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I think that would be a massive job when the ERV and past amortisation is unknown, pure guesswork but if it is insignificant cant understand the focus

Just thinking ballpark, I'm trying to understand how much added benefit it gave us. So if it says an extra £7mill in player values. Over lineal or depreciating scale, with the stadium sale, would that still keep us in the clear?

Sheffield wednesday receive a 12 point deduction, reduced to 6 on appeal.

If the Mail is correct and Derby are able to appeal, does that mean the 3 points removed and a fine instead.

Could it mean a transfer ban for the club, that would relegated Derby just as fast.

I'm sure Wycombe would have something to say on all this