EFL appeal

Sith Happens

8 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

Not true. They can easily appoint their own valuation team and act on their findings if they differ. 

Did you miss the first hearing? That's exactly what they did and their 'independent expert' got absolutely destroyed.

The true value is the ground it sits on.

Unless of course, you ae selling the club, something you appear not to grasp.

Who would buy a 2 nd hand football ground????

The new owner?

It’s only worth for a potential buyer is to knock it down and construct retail/offices or flats. The first 2 have zero demand, so flats it is.

So thee are no current retail outlets in or around Price Park? 

Probably around 5-10 million quid tops 

Can I buy your house please? 

7 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

Certain owners of other EFL clubs, may even finance it. But doubt that too. When the arbitrators of the rules are the rule makers themselves, I just don’t think we can be certain it won’t happen 

Err, I think you might have missed that bit too. The legal costs of the original hearing were passed onto the EFL member clubs, as will be the costs for the EFL appeal. This didn't go down too well with the clubs in question first time around and I'm equally certain they won't be best happy this time either. 

For the gazillionth time, the actual charge being appealed relates to our amortisation policy, a policy that is a widely held accounting standard. The charge does not relate specifically to the methodology used and as such, this is not being contested, but rather to the fact that the way the practice was described in our annual report, 'could have been clearer'. 

8 minutes ago, Oldben said:

More desperate clickbait from the redtop rags and pointless blustering from a pound shop Gibson. I won't hold my breath. The man's meant to be a hotshot lawyer too, so you'd think he'd have a better grasp of the facts. 

“People tell me that Derby County have issues out there.

“I don’t know whether we’re ready to go to lawyers yet.

"The message is: Watch this space.”

Nah, you're alright mate. Suspect Nick De Marco will be rubbing his hands together, mind! Next......  ?‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

I don't believe any commentator is in the know. Just a generic comment given everything thats happening.

The club has issued a statement that says they will update us on the issue of ownership. Surely the club is not going to tell us that the EFL has approved Alonso -  wouldn’t that be for the EFl to announce? So perhaps they are going to tell us something different ...   

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

More desperate clickbait from the redtop rags and pointless blustering from a pound shop Gibson. I won't hold my breath. The man's meant to be a hotshot lawyer too, so you'd think he'd have a better grasp of the facts. 

“People tell me that Derby County have issues out there.

“I don’t know whether we’re ready to go to lawyers yet.

"The message is: Watch this space.”

Nah, you're alright mate. Suspect Nick De Marco will be rubbing his hands together, mind! Next......  ?‍♂️ 

"Pound shop Gibson" - love it!

More poor journalism.

Youdont have to look too far back to see the EFL have already set a precedent in this kind of thing by applying Sheff Weds deduction to the next season. This also assumes that we lost the appeal and also that the punishment is a points deduction.

This season is done. We are not going to be relegated.

14 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

Not true. They can easily appoint their own valuation team and act on their findings if they differ. The true value is the ground it sits on. Who would buy a 2 nd hand football ground???? It’s only worth for a potential buyer is to knock it down and construct retail/offices or flats. The first 2 have zero demand, so flats it is. Probably around 5-10 million quid tops 

You'd do yourself a great favour if you went and read the decision - It articulates the methodology for calculating the value of the ground. That methodology is not disputed rather the values (cost per seat if I recall correctly) that are input to the calculation. The club arrived at a total of £80m from that methodology, the EFL (from memory) £30+m using those calcs, 1967Rams came up wtih '5-10 million quid tops' using the fag packet method, the only calculator used was a casio to spell out 'boobies'.

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

For the gazillionth time, the actual charge being appealed relates to our amortisation policy, a policy that is a widely held accounting standard. The charge does not relate specifically to the methodology used and as such, this is not being contested, but rather to the fact that the way the practice was described in our annual report, 'could have been clearer'. 

So we could get a -12 points deduction then?

No, I thought not. ? ?

I know the saying “you reap what you sow” comes to mind but all the off field antics is really starting to tarnish my love for the game. 

Did Derby splash the cash under the presumption we’d get promoted? Yes

Did Derby fail to gain promotion in typical Derby manner? Yes

Are we in enough mud as it is without other clubs poking their noses in to our business? Yes

As far as I can tell we’ve used every loophole going. Which of course is against the spirit of the game. However if the loopholes are there then it is the EFL’s problem and they should change their rules to make them water tight. 

For saying football was in uproar in regards to the super league. It’s disgusting how the EFL and a handful of clubs are going out of their way to kill off a founding member of the football league. Have a day off.

The Sun headline is sensationalised (there’s a shock) but the owner of Wycombe mentioned that ‘something is going on at Derby’ which along with a lot of the other comments, i.e Warne saying it’s disappointing we didn’t get relegated, would lead me to believe that a points deduction is incoming. 

It will definitely be applied next season, but this is very similar to Charlton and Wednesday last season. It also makes me believe that we are getting a points deduction which the club are ill-prepared for. I think Reading and a few others are due a point deduction too, so we will have to see how that plays out. I’d imagine like us they can kick the can down the road and prolong it. Half the championship at this point are pretty much due a point deduction in some form or another. 

If we end up with a deduction of 6 points, we should really be clear of relegation by more than that anyway, as long as the other off field mess can be sorted.

In fact, we are the only other team in the league, aside from the ones actually relegated, who would have gone down with a 6 point deduction this season. Shouldn’t be a massive stretch to be one of those other 20.

I believe when we beat Luton we went above them (might be wrong, not checked). They ended up 12th. Shows how badly we ended the season and this really should not be repeated no matter the circumstances. Birmingham were probably favourites to go down at one point and they ended up 9 points clear.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The Sun headline is sensationalised (there’s a shock) but the owner of Wycombe mentioned that ‘something is going on at Derby’ which along with a lot of the other comments, i.e Warne saying it’s disappointing we didn’t get relegated, would lead me to believe that a points deduction is incoming. 

It will definitely be applied next season, but this is very similar to Charlton and Wednesday last season. It also makes me believe that we are getting a points deduction which the club are ill-prepared for. I think Reading and a few others are due a point deduction too, so we will have to see how that plays out. I’d imagine like us they can kick the can down the road and prolong it. Half the championship at this point are pretty much due a point deduction in some form or another. 

As I posted last night, Sky at the end of that game on Saturday, the commentator said "there may be bleak news on the horizon, but for now Derby have done what they set out to do, stay in this division" or words to that effect.

Sounds to me everyone with sources in the right place know what we are about to face.

I'd read on Twitter last week someone had heard the announcement of a point deduction was today, that was before the papers started reported what they have.

All eyes on the corner flag.

Surely the alleged 'offences' that happened, both regarding Wednesday and ourselves, happened in previous seasons anyway? 

So the clubs who 'lost out' have long been relegated and Wycombe weren't one of them! 

EFL sets itself up for this sort of grief with its opaque practice and long winded processes.

So let's get this right.... Every man and his dog has decided we deserve and are going to get a points deduction for next season because we didn't clarify enough the fact that for three years we used, and the EFL signed off on, an acceptable but different amortisation policy to the other clubs.....if so it's nothing more that a witch hunt.