EFL appeal

Sith Happens

57 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think that's right, but i could be wrong.

But the EFL will have already signed off at least one possibly two set of accounts using this accounting method. 

it wasn’t a problem then

2 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Nobody knows anything, until the appeal is done. Take a break people, you're just getting yourselves and others all worked up, over " the worst case scenario,doomsday" outcome. Not much in the way of positivity, on here these days.

it is a discussion board, it is being discussed in the press and by other club's fans.  

It's like being given the death penalty in 2021 because it's been found that you farted in a lift in 1992, even though it only became illegal to fart in a lift in 2019.

Fast forward to 2025 and as of 1st January the laws against farting in lifts are relaxed and the offence only carries a £50 fine.

Unfortunately for you, you were given the lethal injection on 31st December 2024.

I don’t think a points deduction this season makes much logical sense. Taking out any context of how bad we were, if we are deducted -12 points with four games to go then atleast you know what you need to do. If you get through to the last game without knowing you’ll need extra points then you might as well relegate the club before anyone kicks a ball.

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

it is a discussion board, it is being discussed in the press and by other club's fans.  

Fair play discuss away, where is our level of fear today- 100pt penalty and we start next season in the national league.

2 minutes ago, Foxy Ram said:

Unreliable

No mate! We all know the press are absolutely fair and responsible in their reporting of these matters ? 

All joking aside, there's been no transparency to the appeal whatsoever, so I'd not be surprised if the EFL were to 'award themselves a win', even if it means that they have to now admit they have incorrectly signed off on our accounting procedures on multiple occasions.

Might as well do away with independent tribunals completely I guess as their rulings are obviously going to be ignored by this upstanding and august collective of sporting guardians.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

It's like being given the death penalty in 2021 because it's been found that you farted in a lift in 1992, even though it only became illegal to fart in a lift in 2019.

Fast forward to 2025 and as of 1st January the laws against farting in lifts are relaxed and the offence only carries a £50 fine.

Unfortunately for you, you were given the lethal injection on 31st December 2024.

However, you can not deny that farting in a lift is wrong on so many levels...