Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

Refunds not being issued straight away pretty much shows how much of a precarious situation we are/were in. It's not an administrative error and there is no reason for them not to have paid up other than the money isn't there. 

If refunding fans is going to cause massive issues for the club then I'm prepared to wait until it's safe to receive refunds. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Refunds not being issued straight away pretty much shows how much of a precarious situation we are/were in. It's not an administrative error and there is no reason for them not to have paid up other than the money isn't there. 

If refunding fans is going to cause massive issues for the club then I'm prepared to wait until it's safe to receive refunds. 

100% but the silence is deafening.

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I can only think that the club simply doesn't have the money to give. 

Why else would they lie about refunds going out 'during September'? 

Ah, but they never said which year!

Call me old-fashioned, but how anyone can justify paying players £1,000's per week whilst still owing season ticket holders refunds is nothing but a disgrace.

It's not a question of "having the money", its a question of how it is spent.

35 minutes ago, rustylee said:

The EFL could start by not dictating to clubs how much they have to charge for streamed matches £10 is too much for a championship match IMO . Let the clubs decide how much they want to charge.

Clubs need to make money but you are right .. £ 10 for a game that costs £ 20 in person. Poor do as far as I am concerned 

Its a shot leaning against the bar in a pub, versus a bottle to take home and drink by the fireside with close friends. 

an average film costs a fiver so why shouldn’t a match ? 

16 minutes ago, jono said:

Clubs need to make money but you are right .. £ 10 for a game that costs £ 20 in person. Poor do as far as I am concerned 

Its a shot leaning against the bar in a pub, versus a bottle to take home and drink by the fireside with close friends. 

an average film costs a fiver so why shouldn’t a match ? 

They'd probably make more money if it was £5. Maybe do it for one game as a trial run.

41 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

100% but the silence is deafening.

It's a good point, but if we are in the poo then nothing good can come out with them saying we're in the poo. It brings a certain unwanted attention on the club that really could do without in its current state. 

I don't know. I could well be just peddling excuses for them but ultimately I want wants best for the club first, and then money owed second. 

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Premiership are charging £14.95 a game stop moaning I am waiting for my refund.

Not right to stop telling people to moan.

Irrelevant what the Premier League are charging, they are in a higher league to us. Unfortunately as mentioned, the EFL dictate the prices.

I think the main issue here is communication, which as I have said before, has not been good enough. If fans knew when they were due to get a refund, whether that be 1, 3 or 12 months I think that would be better than not knowing.

If we’re being right they shouldn’t have bought any players for transfer fee’s this summer until us fans had been refunded the money we’re owed. I would HATE for that to happen, but it wouldn’t be accepted in other walks of life, would it? It’s like your mate owing you £200, not paying you back, then going out and buying a Ferrari 

I don’t think it’s particularly relevant to the anti piracy message, but I do think it’s an absolute disgrace that the club haven’t put any further information out about refunds. Luckily I’m not in any massive rush for mine, but there’s plenty out there who will be in a difficult financial situation because of everything that’s happening, and that money not being refunded yet could be causing them real problems. To say that the refunds would go through in September, and then leave fans without their money come November, is absolutely shocking.

20 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's a good point, but if we are in the poo then nothing good can come out with them saying we're in the poo. It brings a certain unwanted attention on the club that really could do without in its current state. 

I don't know. I could well be just peddling excuses for them but ultimately I want wants best for the club first, and then money owed second. 

Fair one, although its the same in any scenario, if someone owes money and then goes silent it does cause worry.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I just get fed up of people moaning and complaining about stuff.

In this instance, people are justified in their complaints though b4. People have paid money, and are owed it back. Many fans may now be struggling financially due to the current situation, and that refund may help keep their family afloat, or help pay for the busy period that is Christmas. 

Without knowing peoples individual circumstances, we can’t know if people are just being impatient or in a desperate place. And many have also said they are happy to wait if it helps the club

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I just get fed up of people moaning and complaining about stuff.

Money means nothing to you. You live with your mum and dad with no responsibilities and Boris paying your wages. Not sure if you have noticed but millions of people are out of work but still have bills and depts piling up. If they want to moan about a multi millionaire owner not giving them the money back they are owed then they are in their rights to do so. You need to grow up and shut up.