Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

10 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

My HSBC app allows cheque scanning for payment. Always worked fine for the few that I get. Not this on! 

I'll try again tomorrow; really don't want to have to go in.

I think find you wont be able scan this one I think find you will have to go in.

Like if the original transaction was done using a debit or credit card or even BACS transfer why would the club not then refund the money back to the same card or account. 

Just seems a way of the club saving themselves admin time which reflects poorly.

There's folk who aren't that techno savvy that they know how to use an app to scan and pay a cheque in using their mobile phone so inevitably means a trip and queue at whatever bank they can find near to them which hasn't been closed down yet

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Like if the original transaction was done using a debit or credit card or even BACS transfer why would the club not then refund the money back to the same card or account. 

Just seems a way of the club saving themselves admin time which reflects poorly.

There's folk who aren't that techno savvy that they know how to use an app to scan and pay a cheque in using their mobile phone so inevitably means a trip and queue at whatever bank they can find near to them which hasn't been closed down yet

Shabby from the club. Treating its customers with utter distain. 

But mels one of our own.  Blah blah blah.  

Recently was due a refund from Inland Revenue. Despite a telephone conversation with a very helpful individual who said I would get a letter explaining how to claim the refund online, a cheque arrived in the post two days later.

So, I am not wholly surprised by this, it may be the most efficient way of them generating the refunds if they have incomplete records of who bought what with what! 

I haven't got a banking app so will have to visit a bank anyway. 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Get your banks app. Dead easy... Pay in at home. 

Not all of them.  Our companies HSBC app (business account) doesn't.  Nor our Natwest (personal account).

Yes for HSBC and Halifax though. (both personal accounts)

Royal Mail refund by cheque.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

You can pay cheques in by posting the cheque with a payment slip, to your bank,how difficult is that?
this thread is just an excuse to rubbish Mel and the club.......

Pathetic 

30 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Get your banks app. Dead easy... Pay in at home. 

I haven't asked for a refund. I was happy to pay for my 21/22 ticket when the offer came out. Thinking of others and the great idea that for many none tech savvy people, let's make them go outside to a public place during a pandemic. Club thinking of its fans once again.

30 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I haven't asked for a refund. I was happy to pay for my 21/22 ticket when the offer came out. Thinking of others and the great idea that for many none tech savvy people, let's make them go outside to a public place during a pandemic. Club thinking of its fans once again.

You raise a very valid point regarding the cashing of cheques at banks during a pandemic and it did occur to me as well.  

10 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Shabby from the club. Treating its customers with utter distain. 

But mels one of our own.  Blah blah blah.  

I bet you weren’t happy with the colour of the envelope either.

Come on. OK it’s not the most modern or convenient way for folk to receive their refunds but “utter distain” (I assume you mean disdain) is a tad over the top.

It’s hardly unique either. In the last three months I have received refunds/payouts in the form of cheques for car tax (£2.50 !), holiday insurance and car service plan. 

I almost feel as if some folk are just desperate to find something to slag the club off about. It wasn’t the best method from our perspective but probably the easiest for them and hardly worth getting that upset about.