Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

A loan has been taken out secured against Moor Farm, I wonder if this is related to refunding season tickets?

Does make you wonder how a loan of £30 million (reportedly), £11 million in sales (Was Delap this off season or season before?), maybe 10-15 thousand season tickets (circa 4 million), 10 million in TV revenue, 3 million in sponsorship including the Rooney boost, so on top of all this another loan is needed?

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Does make you wonder how a loan of £30 million (reportedly), £11 million in sales (Was Delap this off season or season before?), maybe 10-15 thousand season tickets (circa 4 million), 10 million in TV revenue, 3 million in sponsorship including the Rooney boost, so on top of all this another loan is needed?

Not to mention the £80m received for the ground...

On 27/10/2020 at 15:16, rammieib said:

The 30 m( 15 reported elsewhere I believe ) loan was repaid in full according to our friend at the Athletic 

On 27/10/2020 at 07:21, Anag Ram said:

Yes, I was told refunds would be made ‘throughout September’.

When I chased this up the reply was basically ‘we’re busy, be patient’.

I've just emailed them to asked about my Milwall tickets refund - The season ticket refund from last season I'm more patient/pragmatic about but it's been 7 months since that game was cancelled

I realise the club are in a difficult place financially but so are a lot of fans - To whom a hundred quid or so is a significant sum of money - Think at a minimum they need to communicate better and more regularly 

19 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I've just emailed them to asked about my Milwall tickets refund - The season ticket refund from last season I'm more patient/pragmatic about but it's been 7 months since that game was cancelled

I realise the club are in a difficult place financially but so are a lot of fans - To whom a hundred quid or so is a significant sum of money - Think at a minimum they need to communicate better and more regularly 

Yeah, for me it’s a bit different. I bought tickets for a mate, too, and have to keep telling him I’ve still not received his money back.

A ticket refund should be simple and it does bring into question our financial position that they can’t simply refund the money.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah, for me it’s a bit different. I bought tickets for a mate, too, and have to keep telling him I’ve still not received his money back.

A ticket refund should be simple and it does bring into question our financial position that they can’t simply refund the money.

Can you not just do a chargeback, or a section 75 if bought on credit card?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I bought tickets for 3 mates for the Millwall game - But wasn't gonna get them to pay me until game day! ?‍♂️

To be fair it depends how many people they have on the case - If there's only like 4 people processing stuff it could take forever with the sheer volume of season ticket holders we have - Plus the club doesn't seem to have any automated processes in place so they're probably working each one through 'by hand'

I don't mind (too much) waiting - But just want a bit of a time frame and more regular updates - Otherwise I worry they've forgotten

Just heard back from them saying:

However, with a significant number of cases entailing our contacting supporters individually to assign an appropriate refund, we ask for patience with the process which will hopefully be concluded within the next 1-2 weeks.

So they're obviously doing it all manually in the very most long-winded way - But I assume they're doing that for accuracy so they don't send people the wrong money and then have to re-do them

33 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I bought tickets for 3 mates for the Millwall game - But wasn't gonna get them to pay me until game day! ?‍♂️

To be fair it depends how many people they have on the case - If there's only like 4 people processing stuff it could take forever with the sheer volume of season ticket holders we have - Plus the club doesn't seem to have any automated processes in place so they're probably working each one through 'by hand'

I don't mind (too much) waiting - But just want a bit of a time frame and more regular updates - Otherwise I worry they've forgotten

Just heard back from them saying:

However, with a significant number of cases entailing our contacting supporters individually to assign an appropriate refund, we ask for patience with the process which will hopefully be concluded within the next 1-2 weeks.

So they're obviously doing it all manually in the very most long-winded way - But I assume they're doing that for accuracy so they don't send people the wrong money and then have to re-do them

But no one on here has had a refund and no one on here knows someone whose had a refund.

Personally I think the club is just fobbing the fans off.

So so poor. @Davidhave your opinions changed yet on this or still think it’s ok?

33 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But no one on here has had a refund and no one on here knows someone whose had a refund.

So so poor. @Davidhave your opinions changed yet on this or still think it’s ok?

Let's say a refund takes an hour to process then that's 20,000+ man hours to process all the refunds - 7 hours and day for a team of 4 would take 700+ work days to get through

I get that everyone is frustrated but jumping straight to "fobbing the fans off" is a bit extreme

39 minutes ago, rammieib said:

They've been amending the direct debits. Okay, it's not a direct refund but they've definitely been working on it.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Let's say a refund takes an hour to process then that's 20,000+ man hours to process all the refunds - 7 hours and day for a team of 4 would take 700+ work days to get through

I get that everyone is frustrated but jumping straight to "fobbing the fans off" is a bit extreme

Presumably then it takes them 700 days to process season tickets at the start of each normal season?

Have Derby not latched on to the computer age,do we have 700 Victorians sitting with an abacus sorting these things out?

Doesn't really bother me personally,they can keep my season ticket cash this season and give me a discount for next year but it must a big concern for some people in these troubling financial times.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

I suspect they are doing nothing , is it beyond the wit of man to communicate ,

"we are only able to process N refunds a day due to the impact of Covid and we have 20000 to get through so please be patient "

no of course it isnt , therefore in my opinon they are doing nothing

Unfortunately emailing them is probably a waste of time as they will have been told to respond with a prepared answer , I  think we will get a realistic response once the local media pick it up (Come Radio Derby lets be having you)  and start asking some probing questions

Now we know about the proposed take over , I am guessing this is why refunds have gone quiet , I bet the payment of these ios part of the discussion , i.e. whol will pay them.

They are not going to communicate current status that only leads to awkward questions, best say nothing and if anyone asks just say its taking time